We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The Chat Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 21:32

beemoh wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
I used to use Pokémon names to remember similar-sounding drug names when I started working in pharmacy. True story!

"Here, take this- it's Super Effective."

Laughing 

I use 'Super Effective' ironically from time to time. I are nerd.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 15:10

I have another question about dvds, or rather I'm just double checking my facts before spending the money. Anyhow, so imported dvds can be played on any pc and ripped by makemkv right?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 17:01

So my toaster's packed in- the lever wouldn't stay down because one ofthe little shelves the bread rests on came disconnected at one end. There was a period of mourning.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 17:02

Sorry, that last post should have read "there was a period in the morning when I couldn't make breakfast."
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 19:08

Get a Breville. Never look back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:09

Athrun888 wrote:
I have another question about dvds, or rather I'm just double checking my facts before spending the money.  Anyhow, so imported dvds can be played on any pc and ripped by makemkv right?  
I've got to admit I thought PC DVD drives are region-locked - you can change region, but only a finite amount of times.

However, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Aww! 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:58

Jimbob wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
I have another question about dvds, or rather I'm just double checking my facts before spending the money.  Anyhow, so imported dvds can be played on any pc and ripped by makemkv right?  
I've got to admit I thought PC DVD drives are region-locked - you can change region, but only a finite amount of times.

However, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Aww! 

That is true, but VLC ignores it completely. Dunno about makemkv, though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 16:30

Wow, that makes me hate region locks even more. Either way thanks for the help, and double thanks for the link.  Grin  Now I'll be able to buy the imports without fear.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 17:46

So I just popped on facebook and spotted a post from the apparently-not-very dead Ngamer page. It seems to have become active again last Thursday with apparently nobody responsible (It's not scullion). Just thought I'd point it out, any thoughts? Sick/funny joke?  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:01

The links take you to some Turkish site, seemingly. I backed out pretty swiftly - seems like it's been hacked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:09

Nope, just click "continue to article" in the upper right. The turkish bit is seemingly an advertisment
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:14

It's not CVG? nintendo-gamer.net takes me directly to CVG.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 18:14

Buska's "friend" will be disappointed that Ellen Page has come out.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014 - 23:20

Not quite sure if this is a rant worthy of the things that symbol me off thread or here but either way I'm going to rant away here.

Recently I applied for a couple of School Directs and a PGCE. Last week I received a letter from The University of Huddersfield inviting me to an interview tomorrow. This is surely crazy short notice! I'm meant to be doing some professional skills test to go alongside my application but I've been turned away from my free go at each because I don't have any acceptable form of ID. As someone who hasn't been abroad for about 5 years and who has never considered learning to drive I have an expired passport that normally passes for ID but has now been rejected. This means I'm struggling to both take the required tests and prove that I'm me! To add further insult to injury I've never received my A level certificates as I was never told where/when to collect them and haven't ever needed anything more than the results slips. I'm also meant to have gotten the teacher that supervised my work experience to write a bit about what I did but because I've had such little notice and it's now half term I can't get in contact with them!

Overall I'm going to an interview with no proof I'm me, no proof I've passed my A levels and no proof I've done any work experience. Not to mention this is all taking place during my last few weeks of uni where I'm meant to be writing lab reports, typing up my dissertation (which I have no results for despite 10 days(we only get 1 day a week) of lab work) and learning the damn content. To say I'm a tad frazzled is just a little bit of an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 1:45

masofdas wrote:
He's the king of disappointment lately, got totally stood up by a girl who's just turned 18 the other night and came crawling back after driving the rest of us, begging to hang out.

Seriously though, we as a society would be at the point by now that a person being gay shouldn't be newsworthy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 7:48

Seconded.  "Coming out" shouldn't be a major thing any more. Quite sad that it still is.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:02

Balladeer wrote:
Seconded.  "Coming out" shouldn't be a major thing any more.  Quite sad that it still is.

Definitely. Hopefully as we slowly move forward one day it will be akin to saying "I have a thing for taller people. Like, the 5'11 to 6'1 range!", but currently people get pretty emotional about it. Maybe Ms Page needs less polygons...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:17

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
He's the king of disappointment lately, got totally stood up by a girl who's just turned 18 the other night and came crawling back after driving the rest of us, begging to hang out.

Seriously though, we as a society would be at the point by now that a person being gay shouldn't be newsworthy.

Was he hanging out with her pre-18 but now she can go pub etc and ditched him,

I think it's just news worthy how she came out and that she's a celeb, I think this will always be news worthy unfortunately.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:20

Balladeer wrote:
Seconded. "Coming out" shouldn't be a major thing any more. Quite sad that it still is.

Totally. However, if you're going to do it whilst it's newsworthy to do so, you should do it like Page did. Good on her.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added quote.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 11:41

All hail the stomach ache that has given me an actual justifiable reason not to eat today!
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 13:09

Just to let you all know that after 6 months of unemployment, (sort of, I am still being paid by Nestle for another 5 months yet), I finally have a job. It is only a 9 month contract, but it has strong potential to continue in some form. I am actually quite comfortable working on a contract as I don't really have the desire to commit to the long haul any more (I have only had 4 jobs in the last 29 years).

I start on the 10th of March and will be their highest paid consultant. Apparently I am over qualified, so they threw a little more at me, which was the amount asked for. I was very lucky to get the job, as the interview could not have started any worse. Originally they were going to hire 2 people and they reduced that to one, and then told me that they wanted a person to be based 300km from where I am. Just because I am a nice fellow, I told the interviewer that I was going to give her some local information that would greatly assist her, whilst acknowledging that I was clearly the wrong person for the job. Anyway, I told her that due to the demography of the state, they were picking the wrong location and that a place 100km from me would be better, due to the fact that at least 60%, probably 70% of their clients would be in the north of the state. The lady checked her database (why do they not research better to begin with) and found out that I was exactly correct.

Well, the upshot was that I had a one hour phone interview that went brilliantly. The next day I had a 30 minute Skype interview with someone more senior, and 3 hours later, they made me an offer. Compared to my last job, this will be a breeze. I have only one product, American Express and I don't have to sell, but just be a consultant, making sure their clients understand the offer. I am quite looking forward to getting out of the house after 6 months at home.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 13:13

Congrats, oldschool- glad to see this is all working out for you.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:48

It reads like this is going to be far better for you, oldschool. Delighted for you!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 22:00

Show-off! Razz Glad it's all working out, anyhoo.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 2:55

Well done Oldschool! It always gets good when gnamerians do well.
I'm hopeful that my career is going to go in the right section soon; my manager, who has been very helpful setting me up on the management course and has said she would like to establishment me as her replacement, has a bun in the oven! So her job is as good as mine  Grin 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next