We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread II Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 11:47

Alright, last thread filled up so here we go.

What did people think of Raw then?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 12:14

I was going to say to Jas, I don't like Miz either but I can see why they put him as champ.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 12:35

I don't like Miz either, but I think he's a good heel. He gets people to hate him so easily. I just don't want to see Ziggler chasing him for months without winning, because I was sick of that quick enough with Daniel Bryan chasing the WWE title last year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 12:52

RAW:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 13:18

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 13:36

Spoiler:

Forgot to say going into TNA HOF at Bound for Glory this year is the 23 times tag team champs (it's more then that but who counts the 2CW title, if we did Flair is something like 22 time world title) Team 3D.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 14:09

Bold(ish) prediction:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:30

Disagree with your first prediction, but the second prediction is smart booking, and better happen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 20:53

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 21:41

Double post!  Razz 

These illustrated makeovers are pretty damn nice, I'd actually like them to give Kane that gear.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-transformed-superstar-transformations-photos
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 22:04

Saw that earlier - thought most of them looked kinda dumb, but I liked the Kane one with the straps across his chest.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 3:30

The "pretty damn nice" comment was more for the art work itself rather than the designs, Bray Wyatt's made him look Amish  Laughing but I do miss the more colourful characters we used have.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 1:23

Exciting stuff - Drew Galloway, formerly McIntyre, is back at ICW.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II BtlZMDOIMAEIYF5
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 1:33

That's great news! I swear I will get to a ICW show one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 6:03

Goodbye, TNA? http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact-wrestling-cancelled-spike-tv-tna/

Also, a pretty neat long-term booking theory posted on Reddit a few weeks back, would be incredible if it came true.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 8:46

That's the ICW show we were thinking of going to, is that right? I'd have had to pull out anyway, but it looked and sounded brilliant.

Let's see where TNA goes from here. I think another national (US) TV deal is unlikely for a variety of reasons, but I could see episodic online content. Perhaps iMPACT will continue in that form? Maybe TNA will expand further in other ways in the UK?

That's far too much foresight for WWE in 2014. Cynical as this might read, going on past form, I don't think WWE knows where they're heading with this Authority storyline.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 13:02

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Let's see where TNA goes from here. I think another national (US) TV deal is unlikely for a variety of reasons, but I could see episodic online content. Perhaps iMPACT will continue in that form? Maybe TNA will expand further in other ways in the UK?

They need to get away from Orlando and never look back. Their fans were a few diehards and the occasional lost tourist looking for the Blue Man Group at Universal. Maybe a base in NYC or the UK would do them some good. They're probably going to lose a bit of talent too - I'd expect Angle and the Dudleys back in WWE, Samora Joe and Austin Aries back in ROH and some other defections soon. It's sad because they were poised to be a real alternative at a time, but then Hogan, Bischoff and their cronies cocked everything up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 15:25

Sad news as I'm a big TNA fan.

They've been gone from Orlando for a while and on the road which hasn't helped them at all as they haven't got the money. But am surprised if true spike dropping impact as it was one of there highest rated shows at one point.

Like you said about UK, every time they come over there always soldout and do a few impacts, it has the xplosion on challenge etc but I can't see the likes of the big names wanting to settle in the UK.

Some like you said will go to WWE now, and some other places such as GFW which now could easily be number 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 15:35

masofdas wrote:

Some like you said will go to WWE now, and some other places such as GFW which now could easily be number 2.

Thing is, TNA wasn't even number two. That's either ROH or NJPW, probably the latter because of its production values. But Jarrett's got a real opportunity now to fill a gap in the market.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 15:39

Well number 2 on ratings then, maybe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 17:37

TCK wrote:

That's the ICW show we were thinking of going to, is that right? I'd have had to pull out anyway, but it looked and sounded brilliant.

It was indeed, I left it way too late to get a ticket anyway but that was mainly because my money had to go on other things.

---

Not surprised by TNA at all & I think its time for another wrestling company to step up & the only US one I can think of would be RoH, one that has great talent with plenty of people behind the scenes who actually know what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 17:55

The Still Game lads turned up at ICW too. Sounds like a hell of a show. They're getting another documentary next year too - what're the chances of them getting a weekly TV show? EDIT: ICW's already put up a video of Drew McIntyre's return.

Also, Fergal Devitt's been confirmed as signed to WWE. It's an exciting time down there just now, what with KENTA signed, Kevin Steen rumoured to be coming along and now Devitt confirmed as well as Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Enzo Amore and the rest there. Great talent pool. Devitt was a favourite of mine in NJPW so I think he's going to be a hit in WWE.

Speaking of NJPW, has anyone been following their G1 tournament this past week? There's been some bloody amazing matches - AJ Styles and Shelton Benjamin of all people have been tearing it up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:51

That was a fucking brilliant return for Drew!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 19:08

When I first heard he was back, I thought it'd only be for a couple of matches, but it's looking like he'll be back for a while. I'd love to see ICW on Scottish TV in some form or another. Maybe after the second documentary hits?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 0:02

Quite a bust day of wrestling, all things considered: TNA loses their television deal, Fergal Devitt signs with WWE and Drew McIntyre recieves a Hulk Hogan at WM 18 mega pop. There's not been many like it. Tomorrow: Andre The Giant makes a Lazarus-like recovery from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next