We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New 3DS and 3DSXL

Go down 
+20
Solve My Maze
Axis1500
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
Admin
fronkhead
ZeroJones
oldschool
mandlecreed
Kieron
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Athrun888
JayMoyles
shanks
masofdas
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 12:24

Anyone know if the New 3DS XL has a battery life advantage over its older XL brother?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 16:25

It looks like it does.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2015/01/23/new-3ds-battery-test/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 16:42

Thanks for that. Pathetically, compared to previous iterations, that seems quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:25

Read a article on Nintendo Enthusiast about the New 3DS as it's been over a year since they were first announced and if you live in Japan or Australia they been on the market for a year as well.

And it talked about the system and how the system has been underutilized.

I was all for it being the GameBoy Color of the 3DS family but it seems to have been the DSi and not even sure you can say it's that as that did get quite a few games because of Dsiware.

What's thoughts guys, I still think it's a great piece of kit though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 17:20

For me, it's been a waste of money. I should have kept my 3DS XL and just bought an amiibo reader later on - I'd have saved about a hundred quid and still owned something that functions more or less the same. The Super Stable 3D hasn't ever convinced me, nor have the supposedly-shorter loading times. In an age where you can get a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 for less than fifty quid, I think the New 3DS is a needless extravagance.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 17:25

Got to say, I've never wanted one. Amiibo support for 3DS games has barely happened, and the only exclusive is a game which is arguably better experienced on the Wii. I thought it was a waste of time and money at the time, and I'm neither particularly sad nor happy to have been proved right (for once).

Cappa mentions the 2DS, which I still don't really understand either. It's cheaper, certainly, but I love the clamshell fold-up functionality, and the 3D on the original can be turned off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 18:59

Well, it was a waste of money for me but only because I killed it with KFC gravy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 21:06

I like mine, but then I needed it. I like the faceplates, although they are a bit much in GAME (isn't everything?), because customisation is fun sometimes. Balla makes the point about amiibo support; as a whole, amiibo have been a waste of time with games, in my opinion, but that's for a different thread.

The download speed increase is good, mind. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 0:53

This was my first 3ds upgrade since I never liked the feel of the original XL & I love it, never used the amiibo functionality for it but then I never wanted it for that and I didn't buy one expecting a whole host of exclusive games for it either.

So I'm happy with my purchase. Smile
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 10:10

The New 3DS was my first 3DS, so I can't really judge how much it was worth upgrading too, but I am definitely happy with it, and prefer it over the regular 3DS and XL that I have used previously. The super stable 3D, while I hardly use it other than for viewing puzzle swap panels, works very well and makes the 3D viable when on the bus (which is mostly when I am using streetpass, so that's good!). The screen size is well chosen (I am not a fan of the XLs, being too big to comfortably fit in a pocket and in having more "stretched" screens due to having the same resolution at a larger size - the New 3DS is slightly bigger than the regular 3DS, but not to this degree, which I like). Aesthetically too I still love my Monster Hunter faceplates and the SNES-styled face buttons. The New 3DS is a nice looking console.

Most usefully, however, is the slightly increased power and the secondary analogue nub. My 3DS is essentially a Monster Hunter machine, and the second stick is super useful in playing the game. I couldn't go back to playing without it. The loading times are also slightly faster than on the regular 3DS, and I don't suffer from the occasional slowdown that my friends with the regular 3DS sometimes do. So that's very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 10:50

@Balla you hit the nail on head for the 2DS right away that it's cheaper, now it's like £15 more then a game which offers great value for kids and parents who read the sun etc and think 3D is bad yet likely let there kids go see 3D films in the cinema.

But on the N3DS, I agree I don't think I could go back now to a O3DS especially with the stick but would of liked something more out o the system even a Last Story re-release would be good, maybe we will get today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New 3DS and 3DSXL
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: