We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate(?) NES Remix

Go down 
+5
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
shanks
fronkhead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Ultimate(?) NES Remix Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 0:47

To no one's surprise there isn't a thread for this, which reflects many things. I guess this is great for anyone without a Wii U, but for the rest of us (i.e. the entire forum) is anyone actually interested? It's apparently missing a third of the content split between both games, and likely the Miiverse integration/competitive aspects will be out the window too.

As for why NES Remix was only on Wii U last year:

"In order to accomplish what we wanted with NES Remix, and get the effect we wanted out of it and the value that we wanted it to have, we needed some more machine power," said Hayashida. "It's just that the Wii U had the machine power we were looking for in order for us to build the software we envisioned from the get go."

Hayashida mentioned that developing the game on 3DS "would have been much more difficult."

This is either nonsense or perhaps this is why there's missing content: perhaps 3DS just couldn't cut it when it came to certain remixed stages and the like?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 0:50

I am thinking about getting this as I wouldn't mind it being on my 3ds for when bored and want a quick thing to play, otherwise wouldn't really care
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 7:02

fronkhead wrote:
I guess this is great for anyone without a Wii U, but for the rest of us (i.e. the entire forum)
Are we not acknowledging Jay and Rum ( I think) as part of the forum now Razz

Unless there was a lot more to do I don't think they could tempt me anyway, I've 3*d almost every challenge on the first and I'm a good way through the second. Can't say I'll be in any rush to replay.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 7:16

It's a 'no' from me. All the content is already sitting on my Wii U and, frankly, I could do without the distraction!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:05

I was initially thinking about it because of the leader board aspect that was getting added to it & they've even tweaked championship mode where the games will be refreshed every so often, I had no idea about it having some of it's content cut though, maybe that was a compromise of having the new leader boards & updates to championship mode?

Anyhow I can't really justify it at full price so I'll be waiting for a price drop.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 19:09

andyman949 wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
I guess this is great for anyone without a Wii U, but for the rest of us (i.e. the entire forum)
Are we not acknowledging Jay and Rum ( I think) as part of the forum now Razz

As President of GNamer I find this, frankly, unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 21:06

Figuratively speaking, Sirs, figuratively!

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 21:39

Eh, I already got it, and not too long ago. Same reason as I didn't pick up SteamWorld Dig on WiiU, despite its awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:31

Apparently this does have proper online leaderboards, which is an appreciated addition given the game's competitive score focus.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 14:04

It does, even comes with replays
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 12:27

I seem to be in the minority in not having the game in any form yet. I was really excited when I heard about this, but the cutting of content put me off. I can't believe that technical limitations are responsible for the cuts, considering the source material.

Grudgingly, I think I'll be tempted to wait for the disc-based compilation set for Wii U this year, provided nothing is missing. The lack of portability is a huge negative for me, but it's not like I don't have anything else to occupy my time on the go.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 13:01

I'm with you, but in my case it's an aversion to high-score chasing. I need an objective that's more than just "get your number higher/lower than this number".

And that, gentlemen, is why I've never liked Tetris.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 13:16

The main draw of this one, for me, is the WarioWare tendency to flip something you've known all your gaming life on its head. The way of looking at the challenges you're given and forcing you to tackle some alien objective is a great concept.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 13:22

I don't feel NES remix is too high score chasing truth be told. Simply aiming to 3* a level was adequate motivation for me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 13:25

Did you manage many rainbow scores, andyman? (My knowledge of this game is a bit limited)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 13:30

I'd get the odd one, but there didn't seem to be much of a metric for getting them all/they seemed a bit extreme to go out of your way to get.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:07

Stu_the_great wrote:
The main draw of this one, for me, is the WarioWare tendency to flip something you've known all your gaming life on its head. The way of looking at the challenges you're given and forcing you to tackle some alien objective is a great concept.

This was the draw for me too & it certainly delivers on that, though this is the wii U version of the game.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 21:25

I did end up getting this as it was cheap at the time and as I haven't got the second on the Wii U I don't know what I'm missing but I am enjoying it as much as the first one, even got first place for a while on one of the DK stages.
Though Admittedly I do only play this when I'm done with what ever other game I was playing at the time, I'll usually do a couple of levels and that's it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate(?) NES Remix   Ultimate(?) NES Remix Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate(?) NES Remix
Page 1 of 1