We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)

Go down 
+4
fronkhead
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)   Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 22:18

fronkhead wrote:

Has anyone played Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush lately? It's been 10 years for me, so it's not really fresh in my mind, and I'd really like to know whether claims about it being distinctly less shallow than its predecessor are true. I really liked some of the more intricate puzzles in the DS game, but if HAL have made up for losing those with other things then I can't say I'd be that disappointed.

I played through it in 2013 (and restarted it in November last year) if that's recent enough. "Distinctly less shallow"...hmm. There are no puzzles to speak of in the first four worlds of Rainbow Paintbrush, and they've removed the copy ability that's synonymous with the Kirby games, so I guess that's a fair description on paper. That said, truthfully I thought Power Paintbrush was at it's best when it played it straightforward in being a classic-style platformer. The sequel is nothing complicated, perhaps it's even a wee bit simple. Personally, I really like that.

They've definitely made up for it in other ways though (which I can talk about if you like?). To the point: for a budget release I think it's brilliant.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)   Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 11:39

I had my first go at this yestereve, with Kirby shooting all over the place like a big man after a vindaloo when I used his "100 stars" power.  Couldn't control that at all.  What happens if you manage to ring the massive bell at the top of the level?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)   Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over) - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 10:06

After beating LEGO Batman 3, I decided it was time to get back to this, after shamefully neglecting it in favour of Splatoon/Yoshi's Woolly World/LEGO Batman 3. I reckon it's cuter than YWW and it seems pleasant enough. What's your verdict, team?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)   Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Claytime's Over)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2