We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you mean, you've never played...

Go down 
+12
shanks
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Fastpie
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 0:15

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
XCOM: Enemy Within

XCOM is Fire Emblem with lasers and aliens. You'd love it.

............and it's better than fire emblem because it has lasers & aliens. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 8:51

...Says the Dark Souls fan? Confused
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:03

I do prefer XCOM to Fire Emblem, actually. I think there's more tactical depth to XCOM, and it's more tense than Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 14:59

I really should get around to playing Xcom one of these days. Hopefully when I buy the games currently swimming around the top of the past few years of releases I can finally get it and see what everyone keeps talking about.

I have another game that as a ps3 owner I'd probably raise a few eyebrows saying I've never played, The Last of Us. I think I mentioned it once before, something about how because I hate survival horror games I'll never so much as touch it. It matters not if it's got amazing characters and a good story, I just can't stand zombie like worlds and survival horror, nor do I like games that go for the dirty realistic look either. It may be shallow for me to judge games by the cover, but I'd rather play something colourful like the games I usually play.

On that note I might as well add the Souls games. Not a fan of dark fantasy, and those games revel in it. Which is perfectly fine, but I and dark fantasy like that don't get on, so as amazing as they may be they're just not going to ever be my scene.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 20:43

Never played a Mega Man game, XCOM, Dark Souls, Xenoblade (which will be fixed when out on 3ds), any of the origin DK country games, or Super Mario Kart.. All off the top of my head, there are heaps I haven't played
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 21:04

Balladeer wrote:
...Says the Dark Souls fan? Confused

Now if Dark souls was set in a sci fi world that would be even better. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 23:31

The only Resident Evil I've played is the fourth one. The only Pikmin I've played is the first one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 0:13

Athrun888 wrote:
I just can't stand zombie like worlds and survival horror

I find The Last of Us tough to play because I'm not huge on survival horror either, but I do enjoy the game when I do sit down to play it. It's probably one of the most intense games I've played - the combat is really visceral and the stealth is nail-biting. Its story makes it all worth it though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 17:56

ZeroJones wrote:
The only Resident Evil I've played is the fourth one. The only Pikmin I've played is the first one.

So you've not played a Resident Evil game Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 18:23

ZeroJones wrote:

Well you've played the best of each of those series there, you're okay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 18:52

Sorry but RE2 is the best RE game
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:00

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

It still plays much the same as early RE games though the only difference being the perspective of the camera was switched & yes RE4 is the best one. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:17

What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 Emma-stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bgod
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:19

I've only played RE4 and RE5.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:20

Cube wrote:
I've only played RE4 and RE5.

What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 JiFfM
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:14

masofdas wrote:
Spoiler:

What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 Yes_i_did
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:19

Nope very different games to me and RE4 started the downfall of the series with emphasise on action over survival & puzzle elements. RE4 isn't a bad game it's actually fantastic but I'd sooner it didn't use the RE brand.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 0:10

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Genuine survival horror is not my thing. I only bought Resi 4 as an effort to play games in other genres. To me, the Wii Edition was proper awesome, but then I have no other Resis to compare it to, so...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 0:43

I think I'd enjoy Resi 4 more than any of the others if it's more action-oriented. Survival-horror just gets me too on edge, and whilst I understand that's probably the goal of the genre, I play games to unwind more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 7:23

ZeroJones wrote:
Genuine survival horror is not my thing. I only bought Resi 4 as an effort to play games in other genres. To me, the Wii Edition was proper awesome, but then I have no other Resis to compare it to, so...

Hey, same! Then I got killed by the first bunch of villagers, and never progressed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 7:25

RE4 is the only one I have ever completed
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 8:05

I've played and finished 4,5 and 6 but 1/REmake simply wasn't worth my time. More obscure puzzles than Sam & Max mixed with pitiful controls do not make a game good. I own 2 & 3 but I simply don't have the energy to try them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 10:02

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Hey, same!  Then I got killed by the first bunch of villagers, and never progressed. Laughing

Wow, even I made it further than that, and I'm an absolutely massive girl's blouse when it comes to scary games. Laughing

I've never played Ninja Gaiden or Ghosts 'N Goblins.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 11:17

andyman949 wrote:
I've played and finished 4,5 and 6 but 1/REmake simply wasn't worth my time. More obscure puzzles than Sam & Max mixed with pitiful controls do not make a game good. I own 2 & 3 but I simply don't have the energy to try them.

Well the controls have been "fixed" in the HD version if you wish to use them over the classic tank controls, you wouldn't like 2 which has even worse puzzles and hasn't aged greatly in the graphics department if any game needs a HD remake it's that. I might have rosetrinted galsses but this quote from IGN sums it up for me

Like any good zombie genre film, the original survival horror classic holds a special place in the hearts of hardcore fans. But only a small pool of players enjoyed the infamous REmake on GameCube, an excellent top-to-bottom recreation that flipped the well-known elements of the 1996 original into an even harder game. Revered as one of the greatest survival horror experiences ever made.

And strangely Digital Spy have done top RE games to mark the release of the HD version of the REmake which was Number 1.

@Zero the Wii version of RE4 is the best version of RE4, the others on the Wii are ports of Zero & REMake from the Cube and the other two are light gun games also there's revelations on 3DS & U which do try to take the series back to it's roots.

@Jay that's the point and why I don't feel 4 is a RE game as two action-oriented and then they went full on Gears of War Action in 5 & 6.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 11:21

Are those 2 worth mentioning? If so I have some Dance I have tried the Vita Ninja Gaiden though, but I think they're a bit different.

As for the fixed controls in REmake that does sound interesting. Though I imagine the mechanics will probably still be shite and the enemies unkillable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you mean, you've never played...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next