We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 20:32

ZeroJones wrote:
Kirby And The Rainbow Paintbrush

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Kirby-and-the-Rainbow-Paintbrush-review

Thinner than one of the hairs on the titular paintbrush. There are some neat ideas but it's small, even for a Kirby game. I've gone through most of it without the telly on, too, because you've got to concentrate on the touch screen.

13/20

I just completed this there. I agree with everything you've typed, but for me, games don't always have to be complex, and from time to time it's good to just settle into something that's as joyfully uncomplicated as this. I don't mind that it was small - I got it for £20ish the day it came out, and I thought it was quality entertainment for most of the 6 hours I took to finish it. It's an 8/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 19:42

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Yoshi

Yoshi's Woolly World, then. I really like it's character, it's vibrancy and it's clever play mechanics...but I liked them more in Yoshi's Island and in Kirby's Epic Yarn. It isn't the most distinctive game that I've ever played. Still, even if I would prefer something different next time somebody produces a Yoshi platformer, I enjoyed Woolly World enough to say it was one of ten favourite Wii U games. A comfortable 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 23:46

Last game I finished was Undertale. Cracking game, though I did inadvertently spoil parts of the ending for myself by virtue of the fact that I use the internet and the internet loves it. Got the neutral ending, and I'm not particularly inclined to play it through again any time soon for a different one, but am still listening to the soundtrack over and over. "Spider Dance" is a brrrrilliant boss tune.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 11:13

Rum Rapture wrote:
Last game I finished was Undertale. Cracking game, though I did inadvertently spoil parts of the ending for myself by virtue of the fact that I use the internet and the internet loves it. Got the neutral ending, and I'm not particularly inclined to play it through again any time soon for a different one, but am still listening to the soundtrack over and over. "Spider Dance" is a brrrrilliant boss tune.

I'd recommend you push for the true pacifist ending. You won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 8:15

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Paper-Jam-1

Sometimes it's the little things.  Like replacing the overused spin-jump with a paper plane, or using the series' traditional "mole" ability to dig up walls.  And sometimes, of course, it's the big things, like scrapping the rubbish side-on segments.  

This feels very much more like a Mario & Luigi game than a Paper Mario game.  This isn't that surprising from a story point of view, since it's the paper characters coming into the M&L world rather than vice versa.  But while both series have been on a downward trend of late, M&LPJ reverses that by being the best M&L (in my opinion) since the original.

It's funny.  Paper Mario adds something genuinely new to the battling.  The Koopalings feature majorly.  It's tough in places.  The battle cards are the best side-addition to a Mario RPG's battle system since TTYD's audience.  Did I mention that it's genuinely funny?  And there's a sequence with the princesses that's utterly charming.

There are flaws.  Papercraft Battles are so much better than Giant Battles, but they're still slow, dull, and easy.  There's a section near the end that was long, hard (behave), and during which you couldn't save.  Like PMSS, the game sticks resolutely to "classic" Mario (read: NSMB series), so there are no new characters, or even those previous M&L/Paper Mario games.  And there's a distinct feeling that it was over a bit too soon.

Still, that means it doesn't suffer the DTB problem of feeling strung out and dull.  And that's the game's main selling point: a return to form for a series that was very good.  That's enough for me to recommend it to almost anyone.

8/10
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 20:10

Final Fantasy V

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 1NLtlSGGukB00Le1lyOmFFpLsg8KU0xP45muPFs5AkyQUfc_eI7jKkSpudf4ZFAMf6NF=h900

Didn't realise how close to the end I was! Embarrassed I've really enjoyed this: love a good job system, and FFV has a brilliant one. The story is also pretty simple, compared to other FF's, which I kind of like. The menu-driven gameplay is older than the hills, though... but I liked that too! Grin

15/20
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 3:50

Mario Kart 8

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Wiiu_s21

It's mario kart, does more need to be said? Nice presentation, sexy 60fps looks stunning on a full hd tv and makes you wonder why ninty didn't go hd earlier. Gameplay is typical mario kart fair, although I still miss being able to avoid being tripped by bananas like in the older games. Also wish you could select from more courses online rather than three random picks. And that shells of the red and green variety popped up more often instead of shrooms.

Overall rating: 8 / 10

Good game, good game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 19:16

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 0110
My review is up on Gintendo of this very unique game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2016 - 18:52

Double Post,

I go from random hipster game X as I put it in the TRP thread of games I may play to a game which may of been consider hipster and may still be as it's not Triple-A but it's still a big indie game from most the team that brought you The Walking Dead: Season One
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Maxresdefault

Lot's of talk about this one since it came out, some reviews have given it high-scores and said it's a GOTY contender already (it likely will be forgotten if everything meant come out comes out), then others have not liked it at all due to performance issues on the PS4 & a disappointing ending and the length of only 3-5 hours.

I played the game on PS4, I've had some issues but nothing major part from framerate dips when it auto-saves and when you climb things but none of this affected my experience.

Then ending is a little disappointing but that's only due to the excellent prologue (this should go into the space ark) and Day One & Two being so god dam good that's it peaks so early that it's always going to go downhill.

Both Henry & Delilah are fantastic characters if you want them to be, as you can play the game with only ever talking to Deliah seven times which make change the ending slightly but both are superbly voice-acted that you want to have conversations between them both.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Firewatch_2

That's sort of the point of game, how you as player interact with Delilah knowing what happened in the prologue. Art direction is phenomenal as you can see along with the music.

If you like any interactive story game be it Telltale's or even more of a walking sim like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture then play this game.

9/10 ohh and you can get Turt Reynolds
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 2760066-7890904839-firew
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 15:18

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Maxresdefault

The most epic of Zeldas has fallen to the Zero Sword! Grin My 26-year-old self was not impressed enough with it to finish it at the time (or even buy it for a year or two) but 35-year-old me has gotten on much better with the game. There are still some niggles: the motion controls are not as fine as you'd like (but when are they ever?). Some dungeons were not as well fleshed-out as I was hoping. The Double Clawshots came far too late in the game for so brilliant a weapon. I also found the final boss fight a little anti-climactic? Maybe that's because Demise of Skyward Sword felt more demanding. Nonetheless, a stellar game.

18/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 15:23

Yay! Go Zero!
I don't remember the final boss being particularly difficult but it was dramatic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:29

ZeroJones wrote:
I also found the final boss fight a little anti-climactic?

That may have been my fault mentioning it was my second favourite final boss encounter in all of Zelda. Oops. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:53

I felt that even if the final battle wasn't hard, it felt much more epic than the rather disappointing Demise fight. And that the dungeons are by far the best in any Zelda. But I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Zero!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 20:21

I just remember collapsing, panting, with about half a heart left when I beat Demise. The multiple phases of Ganondorf - no, Ganon, the evil King of Darkness! - made Twilight Princess more epic, for sure, though each was a bit of a letdown in and of itself (with the possible exception of Ganonbeast). The last one was gearing up to be amazible but I just got in close, kept swinging and The Ganster fell after about thirty seconds. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 10:15

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Dr-langeskov-game

There's not a huge amount I can say about this one without spoiling it. What I can say is that it was free on Steam and took me half an hour or so, is by one of the guys behind the Stanley Parable, stars Simon Amstell and is a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 12:18

Double post!

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Brothers_A_Tale_of_Two_Sons_cover_art

All in the space of one morning, this was by turns tragic and beautiful, cute and sweet, exciting and terrifying. An absolute masterpiece; it looks great, sounds great, plays great and tugs on the heartstrings. Fuck you Muss for making me play it, but everyone should play it.

Seriously, don't read unless you've played.:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 12:26

I've got no idea what the first game is but on free steam games, I hear Emily is Away is good. On Brothers, I've always wanted to play it and I think I really like it but I've never bought it for some reason.

I've always got something to play or the next new thing is coming that I it just get's forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 13:38

I was the same, but today my mission is to sit down and play through a whole bunch of missed games that can be beaten in one sitting. Speaking of which...

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 CibeleFeat-979x413

I'm really glad I played this, and I do think it was excellently done, but I'm not as ready to recommend it to everyone as I was the other two. The game cost £5.99 and I finished it in 67 minutes. Now, obviously a game is not exclusively measured in price-per-minute, and there was some stuff I didn't spend as long reading as I could etc. I'm actually perfectly happy with what I paid for the experience I had. The problem is that this is definitely not a game for everyone.

An autobiographical love story about a couple meeting through an MMORPG, the "game" component is pretty limited; you click on monsters to kill them until the boss comes out, then click on that instead. It looks and sounds nice enough, but that's not what the game is about. You also get to explore the main character's desktop, seeing her photos and chats, getting messages in real time as you play, and watching short video scenes between gameplay section. This is a story first, a bittersweet little teen romance with an endearing and accurate awkwardness.

If any of that put you off, don't play this game. But if, like me, you think it sounds interesting, it might be worth a pop.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 17:40

Second double post of the day- and fourth completed game.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Cover_large

Yeah, this was alright. Platforming was a little awkward in places, but playing on a dodgy usb-connected xbox pad on my laptop probably didn't help. The story was nice, though nowhere near as emotional as the last two I played. I found it a lot harder to care about the lads in the second half than the ones in the first.

Overall though, another hearty recommendation. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 17:43

TWA has to be one of GNamer's favourite games, I need to pick up Volume at somepoint which will get a VR add-on
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 18:39

I do like Thomas was Alone, but I found the controls to be a bit dodgey. That said I think the laptop I used at the time was dying, and my 360 pad does have an issue with it's left analog stick in which you have to manually put it back to the centre to stop it slowly registering a left or right- so there's that.

Aside from any controller issues, the main gripe is just when it becomes a bit challenging. I think the game's strength is its writing, and when levels become slower and more involved it loses some of the charm it had going for it. It doesn't get really tricky by any stretch, but just tricky enough to tamper with the flow of the experience.

Still a good game overall, but not my favorite indie darling.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 18:41

There's no way TwA is a GNamer favourite. For every person I've seen cooing over the plot, there's someone who's criticising the gameplay (often the same person). It's liked, certainly, but nowhere near favourite status.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 18:42

Really fond of Thomas Was Alone. A great narrative experiment that really elevates a game that otherwise you might just shrug at.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 19:10

Favourite might of been a bit rich but most games there's someone that doesn't like it on here but TWA everyone that has played does seem to like it.

That what I was trying to say by a GNamer favourite.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 20:37

Aye, Brothers: A tale of two sons is a cracking wee game.

masofdas wrote:
TWA has to be one of GNamer's favourite games,  I need to pick up Volume at somepoint which will get a VR add-on

Translation: 2 people (including mas) probably picked it in a vote thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next