We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
fronkhead
Linkyshinks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
TGN Professor
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
wenywoowoo
Axis1500
SquidgyGoat
JayMoyles
Gwyn400
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
shanks
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 23:47

I hate how everyone hates the Triforce Hunt, it wasn't the best part of the game but it didn't ruin the experience for me whatsoever, if they were to change anything I'd maybe say remove the need to get the charts translated or at least reduce the cost to do it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:09

Yeah, I actually liked the Triforce hunt bit! Loved being on the waves - it was very relaxing to me. Also, secondly, something on which to spend all the cash you get in Zelda games, finally!

Having said that, extra content would only be a good thing. My new concern - which I just thought up - is that it doesn't end up mega-expensive.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:48

I unapologetically hate the Triforce Hunt. Having the Rupees was never any problem for me, but the rest of the process was tedious beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 9:04

I hated nothing about the game, it was the first Zelda game I actually finished
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 9:49

someone set tingle tracker, how would that work maybe with 3ds that be kinda cool
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 16:31

I wouldn't mind seeing the Tingle Tuner reappear, I'll rarely use it but it's a nice option to have.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 17:27

masofdas wrote:
someone set tingle tracker, how would that work maybe with 3ds that be kinda cool

..or the gamepad?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 18:48

beemoh wrote:
masofdas wrote:

..or the gamepad?
Shocked YES! That's brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:07

I'm wondering how/if they'll tweak the wind in the remake. No-one can deny how much of a pain in the ass it was having to constantly change the direction of the wind during certain parts (mainly sailing) of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:21

Agreed. Being able to swipe a finger across the map to redirect the wind would be a great help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:27

Balladeer wrote:
Agreed. Being able to swipe a finger across the map to redirect the wind would be a great help.

Shocked Eureka!

They'd have to get rid of that annoying metronome minigame thing if they did that. Win win!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 1:55

Hey that reminds me, the music in this game was awesome I hope the remake does it all justice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 9:45

Agreed (plug plug).
Back to top Go down
Linkyshinks
Ejected into the Lava
Linkyshinks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 14:03

I've created a retrospective discussion topic here:

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t99-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-a-retrospective-discussion-spoilers#1869
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 2:33

I'm a bit disappointed with the new look of Wind Waker HD - while I think it will still look amazing in motion (the improved lighting should look a treat in dungeons, too), I feel they've moved too far away from the original artstyle. But kudos for effort - this is far more than the resolution upscale which most 'HD remakes' bring to the table.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 443px-The_Wind_Waker_Scene

I'm just hoping the finished product follows the original artwork a little more closely - colours aren't as saturated and the overall look isn't as sharp, and the use of better pixel shaders actually takes away from the clearly defined artstyle the original had. I was also disappointed to see that the water has completely changed - gone are the iconic white wave lines.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 File:Outset_scene

The bloom lighting, in particular, seems to be applied a bit too much, making it look like Windfall Island has been covered in fog.

Speaking of Wind Waker's visuals, though, it's amazing how well realised they were on the GameCube's hardware, this analysis never ceases to amaze me: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?s=94e66d0071e3aa3518bb83c4d78f417f&t=104415.

---

Minor complaints aside, I'm still hugely looking forward to this, and it's certainly interesting that Nintendo have allowed for gameplay changes, even if it's unlikely we won't get those infamously dropped dungeons again.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 10:15

I didn't see this coming at all. I assumed Zelda would have been off the cards until at least 2014 but its going to be good to see the first true Zelda game in HD. Now THIS is why I bought Wii U.

I am hoping that on the second run this time they make it a Master Quest like with Ocarina because Hylian text translations and Link running around in his PJs isn't really worthy of a second play through IMO. And the other stuff like Aryll or whatever her name is in a pirate costume.

I like every Zelda game for it's own right and despite people who disliked the Gamecube outings I enjoyed them. In fact Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda ever.

Can I ask what this is about dungeons getting cut? This is news to me. It seemed pretty short but then Majora's Mask was as well so I never questioned stuff being cut.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 11:11

Nothing ever struck you as missing from Greatfish Isle? Also there were possibly meant to be another couple, at the east and west of the map or something like that. They just didn't have the time to put them in.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 12:01

The third pearl makes sense because that always seemed weird to me. But the only way I can see more dungeons fitting in is if the Triforce was originally planned to have a dungeon or two.

Anyway I don't think they should replace it with dungeons because its likely whatever was cut made it into Phantom Hourglass or Twilight Princess anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:29

I would've thought the missing dungeons would be the perfect sell for the remake. It'll introduce the newbies to an amazing game overall (hopefully), and it will give veterans a better excuse to replay it than simply soaking up the new scenery.

I hope this does well. I'd really like to see a reimagining of Twilight Princess in the future.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:17

I really can't wait for this, and I hope they do include the missing dungeons. Out of interest, does anyone know if this is going to be a retail game or will it be a download only deal instead? I'd still buy it from the shops, but I'm not sure I'd drop £40 on launch day for it if it's just spruced up graphics.
We've also got the problem that Tingle will now be in HD. I'll just let that one sink in a bit...
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 20:00

Solve My Maze wrote:
I really can't wait for this, and I hope they do include the missing dungeons. Out of interest, does anyone know if this is going to be a retail game or will it be a download only deal instead? I'd still buy it from the shops, but I'm not sure I'd drop £40 on launch day for it if it's just spruced up graphics.
We've also got the problem that Tingle will now be in HD. I'll just let that one sink in a bit...

The horror!

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 Tingle_Fanart_by_torokun-thumb
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 20:15

The light cast upon Tingle's crotch JUST LOOKS WRONG.

*washes eyes*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 21:37

:affraid:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 23:28

The touch screen should make using the wind baton a bit more interesting too, touch screens and instruments are a brilliant combination.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 1:19

That's if they do that or else they could use the second nub/stick thing, did find the flute in spirit tracks a bit annoying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next