We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)

Go down 
+11
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Axis1500
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
ZeroJones
masofdas
oldschool
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySat 6 Jun 2015 - 10:09

Thank you Smile

I'm sure this will be a fluke and when the next one comes up I'll struggle
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySat 6 Jun 2015 - 23:07

That's how you progress in a game, sometimes: you fluke a bit and then you learn how to make that part of your play. Thumbs Up!

I've just had a Mega Venusaur attempt where some fluking and some bits where I was like a machine combined to net a score of 23,433 - I'm well pleased with that! Grin Let's see what challenges Monday brings...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySun 7 Jun 2015 - 0:17

I know Giratina will be about and apparently each time you complete it the stage gets harder.
And there'll be new levels which will include the Kalos final evolution starters
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySun 7 Jun 2015 - 14:46

Less than a day until the Venusaur challenge is over and I am confidant of getting it on all of the consoles. My worst is about 5100, so that won't drop out. I will be well pleased to get this done with.

Also, caught another 3 Victini, so only one left to catch. The level boost is pretty outstanding, so I look forward to using that each week whilst it is on offer.

I am expecting new Stage Levels next week, no idea why, I just am.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySun 7 Jun 2015 - 14:57

shanks wrote:
And there'll be new levels which will include the Kalos final evolution starters
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 3:51

shanks wrote:
shanks wrote:

That's what happens when you don't read the posts above you.  Winky Face

Anyway, that being said, I already caught my first Giratina, one hour after it launched. It took me to Level 16 to get it. Not really sure going for all 50 levels is worth the items on offer. I might just focus catching the new Pokemon stages and then perhaps go back to Giratina.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 10:32

Oh yes, oh yes, oh YES! I caught the best and coolest legendary Pokemon on the ninth try!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 1:30

Damm I caught it on the 9th try too, thought I'd set some kind of record. I still aim to go for the full 50 though just to get the items and exp.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:47

I caught it on the 12th
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 6:09

I have caught it on 5 consoles with a range of 8 to 21 turns. I have also caught all of the new stages, so back to grinding for S-ranks and Genesect. Anyone going to do all 50 levels of Giratina? Anyone see a point to it?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 7:21

I'm just working my way through the new stages. #198 is a swine... at any rate, Giratina can wait a little!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2015 - 10:21

I've had trouble with all the new stages so far.. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 9:20

Now it's #200 keeping me at bay... though I've also just unlocked Genesect, who beat me hollow. Mega Aerodactyl may be super effective against it, but it's not that useful for clearing the screen. Also, caught Giratina on level 10. It's a very powerful ally! Shocked
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 10:18

I've been stuck on Doublade for the last few days.. I've come so close but as I have no jewels I'm stuck
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 11:17

How on earth am I supposed to clear Dialga? I'm going to have to invest in a Mega Start for this one I can feel it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 12:06

I got a Mega Start and an Attack Up on top and beat it, with 24% catch rate and not enough cash for a Great Ball. Sad I'm coming to the end of my time with it, I reckon. Thumbs Down...

Last edited by ZeroJones on Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 13:03

Athrun888 wrote:
How on earth am I supposed to clear Dialga?  I'm going to have to invest in a Mega Start for this one I can feel it.  

I bought everything except extra moves and cleared in 6 turns, 48% catch rate. That's about 15,000 coins I think.

Why are we doing Mega Blastoise again? This time it is the first 15,000 though (USA it is 30,000). Oh well, at least I get a gem.

And Giratina, I thought it was 50 levels, but it seems you can go further, as my daughter is on 51.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 16:46

Ouch, 15000 coins? There's no way I can get that many that quickly as I am now. Laughing Guess I'll just have to grind up some levels and aim for luck, as nice as Dialga would be I've got the monster on stage 150 to beat.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:48

There's a code out for 3 free +5 Moves right now, 06150503. Just a bit of a psa for those who want a small freebie.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 14:17

Just got 47,000+ on the Blastoise challenge and about 300th place. Suffice to say I can forget about that one now. I already have the Mega, but the 2 Gems will come in handy. Smile
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 14:38

The Safari is back again. This time we have Electrike, Manectric, Darumaka, Darmanitan and Stantler. I have caught all 5, so I will give you the benefit of my experience.

Over 50 turns I saw Electrike 19 times, Stantler 14 times, Darumaka 12 times, Darmanitan 3 times and Manectric 2 times. So that gives you an idea of the rate they will show.

Set your team to the best two you have for Electric (for me that was Groudon and Donphan) and use Mega Gengar. You will beat all of them first time, every time assuming the levels are okay. Then you might need a Great Ball if you choose, but you don't need any items.

Also, Manaphy was really easy with you best team and just a Mega Start and Disruption Delay and possibly a Great Ball.

And also, I had no idea there was a new Ex Stage - 22, Chesnaught. I missed that one. It needs 191 S-ranks, so it is back to work on getting another 11 to complete that. I did see there is also a Stage 23 and 24 coming later as well.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:32

https://twitter.com/schillingc/status/608197595673030656
https://twitter.com/schillingc/status/608197703198208000
https://twitter.com/schillingc/status/608198515521667072

Interesting tweets about Pokémon Shuffle's lategame.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 0:43

He's not wrong really. I've only just given up now really, I may play it once a day for the 500 coin checkin and that's it. That damn Dialga stage though
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 2:41

I think he is talking a crock of shit. He just doesn't enjoy the game 'cause it got harder. Sure, those with greater patience will progress further/quicker, but the stuff about manipulating you to spend money is utter tripe.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 13:42

He really isn't wrong. With no inclination to spend real money on the game and several stages actually REQUIRING coins to spent on powerups, I was faced with either days of grinding Meowth's stage or quitting. So... I quit. Considering that the grind is that daunting and the exploitation to coerce the player into spending money on the game is that blatant, those tweets are entirely accurate.

I've actually started playing another F2P puzzle game as of late (Marvel Puzzle Quest), and from everything I've read about it, there's none of this obvious pushing to get you to drop real money on it. It's there, sure - It's a F2P game, so attempting to get you to buy microtransactions is a symptom of the genre - but this game's currency is readily available as rewards from its missions without any of the grinding you have to endure in Shuffle.

I actually appreciate this business mode, so after around twenty hours of playtime I decided to drop £5 on the game. I didn't need to, and based on other forum posts I've read, I'm not the only person to have done this. Good F2P game design begets reward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next