We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEGA 3D Classics

Go down 
+8
Admin
ZeroJones
Solve My Maze
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 20:28

SEGA's ongoing 3DS Classics series delivers once again, with today's release of 3D OutRun. If this was a part of the human body, it would definitely be the tits, or possibly even the bollocks. What a game.

Some of these remasters are absolute class, and with several of them being half price for this week only I thought the time was good to make a new topic. Whether you're already familar or if you're of a new audience, what's your verdict on the SEGA 3D Classics?

FYI, from this week's sale, they're all magic and I recommend the lot of them, expect for Altered Beast and Ecco The Dolphin, which are gash.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:12

Is it just a port of this
SEGA 3D Classics Sega-master-system-out-run-3d
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:18

Nooooooo. It's a remaster of the arcade original, boasting an improved framerate, a 3D effect that surpasses most retail games, lots of unlockable features that tweak the gameplay and two brand-new tunes. I would have thought that you'd have been all over it already? Anyway, superb game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:25

I haven't bought a single one of the 3D classic, and some reason I'm not bothered about them and I don't buy that many VC games either just real classics like LttP or something I missed like a Earthbound.

But SEGA's games I quite likely own and sooner play the original.

And my picture was a piss take, I knew what it was.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:32

You should really give the 3D Classics a look. You more than anyone here would love them - I've got Sonic The Hedgehog, Space Harrier, Shinobi III, Super Hang On and Streets of Rage on Mega Drive cartridges but on 3DS they're unanimously better than the originals.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:33

Had a gander at a gameplay video for this - not sure if it'd appeal to me considering I've never played the original. Great music, though.

Streets of Rage might get a look though - I think I own that game on about 4 different platforms, so what's another?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:35

I'll have a gander at them and see what's what.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 4:38

I have the 3d classic versions of Shinobi III & streets of rage, not played any of the latter since I got it on it's release but I have played a good chunk of Shinobi which is great fun.

I think I last left it on the surfing level which looked great in 3d. Thumbs Up!

---

I definitely want to pick up Space Harrier & 3d Afterburner II as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 21:33

Oh, that Out Run note's pretty cool. I've got to admit I'd just assume it was one of the console versions, but it sounds like they've made a real effort.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 11:51

OutRun is the dogs hairy bollocks! I downloaded it last night and I absolutely love it. I honestly didn't think this version could live up to the arcade version of Coast 2 Coast, but it really does. Granted, it doesn't look as good as C2C, but that's to be expected.

What I didn't expect was it to be so fast and it's a nice touch that they rewrote the game rather than just emulating it. It's the perfect game to spend a quick 20 minutes on.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 13:51

The only SEGA 3D Classic I've bought so far was The Space Harrier, which I bought on the grounds that my mate Dave raves about it. It seemed pretty cool but I can't get much more enthusiastic about it than that. What I can appreciate is the immense effort the porting teams go to for these, essentially rewriting the games from the ground up to take advantage of the hardware. That is top stuff, frankly, and I hope enough people are buying the games for it to be financially worth the effort. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 14:08

Solve My Maze wrote:
OutRun is the dogs hairy bollocks! I downloaded it last night and I absolutely love it. I honestly didn't think this version could live up to the arcade version of Coast 2 Coast, but it really does. Granted, it doesn't look as good as C2C, but that's to be expected.

What I didn't expect was it to be so fast and it's a nice touch that they rewrote the game rather than just emulating it. It's the perfect game to spend a quick 20 minutes on.

I definitely agree that this 3D OutRun is the dog's bollocks, but I feel very few games live up to Coast 2 Coast. It's very firmly in that Super Mario Galaxy/Ocarina of Time/Hogs of War bracket of all-time classics.

~

I'll tell you how great I think these 3D Classics are: I'm actually considering downloading Altered Beast. Aye, Altered Beast, which even the most feverent nostalgist would have to admit is utter mince in it's original Mega Drive form.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 18:50

So I bought Streets of Rage yesterday morning, really good port. I'm using the pop-out 3D setting as that's great on the N3DS, not sure about any of the others as I'm not really nostalgic for any of them and the ones I do remember playing like Altered Beast was as Cappa put it mince back when it was new.

Out Run might be the only tempting one but I do hope we get Sonic 2, Streets 2, Golden Axe 2, Basically anything with a 2 on the end
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 8:40

News on some new 3D Classics were getting Streets of Rage 2, Gunstar Heroes and Sonic 2 all three of them I would likely buy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:00

Then it's about time I bought Streets Of Rage 2. Thumbs Up! I'm not a fan of the scrolling beat-'em-up (or whatever the genre is called today), but I hear good things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:11

It's arguably one of the best examples of the beat-em up genre.

Also thinking Sonic 2 is good but Pocket Adventure is a remake almost anyway and better, a 3D Classic of that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:55

Honestly, I had no idea OutRun was out. Shocked I had the GBA port and played that to death, so I'll definitely be giving this a look-in on my N3DS.

I got Sonic 3D when it first came out, and it looks so different and new that it practically sparkles.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:23

Japan is getting Gunstar Heroes, I want this.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:22

3D OutRun is BLOODY AMAZING!

I'd been biting my tongue not to mention it while I had the Japanese version for a year, before eventually caving in and including it in my 2014 forum award votes, but I recently rebought this to play on my New 3DS XL, and blimey, the level of immersion the 3D effect brings with the bigger screens on this game is incredible.

The horizon seems to stretch out into the distance forever, and you really get a tangible sense of where all the cars and scenery is as you drive past. It's simply exhilarating, and I'm sure I'll be playing this for years to come.

Also a terrific port, hats off to M2.

There is a pretty great blog post about the game here, which captures what makes it so great really well: http://blueskylaundry.tumblr.com/post/121339980105/3d-out-run
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 8:52

Isn't Gunstar Heroes due out soon? Whilst I can't imagine the 3D adding too much to the game I'm going to be all over that purely because it seems perfect for a handheld.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:39

I actually popped into this thread to post about Gunstar Heroes!

3D Gunstar Heroes is incredible, seriously impressive stuff. I went in expecting something like Shovel Knight, where the game's 2D scenery is split into a few layers but it still looks "flat". But M2 have gone above and beyond. I don't know how they've done it, but it has a real 3D look to it, as if someone's made a 3D diorama out of pixel art. But it seriously looks incredible, especially things like the transitions during the dice palace segments.

If you've got a New 3DS, do yourself a favour and enter this URL into the web browser, and have a watch of this 3D trailer that Sega uploaded: http://tinyurl.com/3dgunstar
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 20:55

masofdas wrote:
Is it just a port of this
SEGA 3D Classics Sega-master-system-out-run-3d

I wonder how old this game is very curious
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 21:43

It came to the EU in 1989.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 21:52

masofdas wrote:
It came to the EU in 1989.

When I was born Applause

I've had a look at the game online and it looks awesomeness
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 20:09

Streets of F'ing Rage 2 is coming this week, if you like SEGA or retro games. Buy this game, ideal for Jimbob who wants to go back and checkout SEGA games.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 20:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SEGA 3D Classics Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEGA 3D Classics   SEGA 3D Classics Empty

Back to top Go down

SEGA 3D Classics
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next