We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
shanks
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 18:39

It was a game design choice, apparently. Four people stacked was just too complicated.

No reason why they couldn't have done two-player with a Doppel either could switch to, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:33

Your local StreetPass group might be a good place to head for local multiplayer antics of any kind. I know StreetPass Manchester is having a get-together on October 24th... the day after this is released.

On the whole, though, I can only agree that online multiplayer is easier to sort - it's just that Triforce Heroes seems like it's far more geared to the local MP than online (which is entirely uncommon for Nintendo games, as we know Rolling Eyes ), sadly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:39

Sadly? C'mon, gents. There are lots and lots of great games out there tailored to online, while those tailored to local are a dying breed, even for Nintendo: their one big game this year has been an online-only multiplayer game (effectively). Let those of us who still game face-to-face have this one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:50

Without trying to turn this into a general multiplayer discussion thread if I've got people round there are games that suit that a lot better than a co-op experience which I can play any evening at home alone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:56

(Sadly,) I think that's why it can't be a general discussion: Nintendo Life definitely seem to think that this game in particular doesn't work in single-player, with process being too laborious, and that the fun of local multiplayer is what really brings it to life.

Mind you, since it's apparently lag-free, it sounds like you could probably get a decent approximation online with Skypee hooked up.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 19:25

Welp, reviews are coming in and the verdict? Only a 8/10 game if you actually have three people to play with, and not even worth playing if you lack two mates.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 17:54

The position of the game in the great Zelda timeline has been revealed! Even more importantly, the game is out now. Has anyone taken the plunge? I'm hoping to finish up a couple of games before I get it...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:56

Another thread somewhere might tell you.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 21:45

I've pre ordered but annoyingly it's not arrived yet. Been looking for something to play on 3DS so I'm more than happy about this, I'm not expecting it to be better than a Link between Worlds but that's not going to be easy to do is it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 9:01

I need to convince two other people I might see semi-regularly, and together, to take the plunge before I touch this with a Deku Stick. I've been longing for a FSA follow-up for ages and ages, and when we get it it's almost unplayable in single-player. Aww! Such a shame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 9:33

I played the first level last night in SP and it was okay but it would of easier with one Link or being able to move all three together but getting so far then having to switch then again is a pain.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 15:38

The single player mode was not part of the original plan for the game, apparently. That cannot be an excuse for the lack of quality of it, though.

The GiaG review is a bit more complimentary, though. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 19:07

I have this on the way, and am well on my way to organising friends to play with. Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 12:55

Jim Sterling seemed pretty keen on this: "This is the gayest Zelda game ever, and I'm loving it." But he played it in multiplayer. I still want a go at this, but I've failed to round up two friends to play with...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 14:23

A notification popped up on my 3ds about a demo for this but I can't seem to find it on the e shop. Eh?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 21:21

I've had a go at random multiplayer where I probably lucked out and had two decent players.
May try and do a stage by myself later on
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 20:07

I see Zero has bought this, I've not played since the first day it was out but as now some of us have got it and it's now under £20.

Should we try to play it sometime.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:52

Happy to get my Zeld on with you guys. I can do Saturday and Sunday evening, both from about 8:30. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 23:02

Even I'm willing, I've only done two stages. One with randoms and one by myself
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 0:49

I've only done a handful of stages so far in single player which aren't too bad but it's obvious this was made for 3 players, also struggled to find the initial batch of NPCs even slightly likable, snobbish fashionistas do not a good game make.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 9:15

ZeroJones wrote:
Happy to get my Zeld on with you guys. I can do Saturday and Sunday evening, both from about 8:30. Thumbs Up!

I'm available, just say when as would like to watch Dr Who
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 22:15

I've been marking, boss, and I'll probably be doing that tomorrow night, too. I'll let you know if that changes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 10:33

We need to get a game going at some-point of this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 15:39

Just had an hour and a bit with a couple of Kevin J. Randoms. Red was Leondin, who seemed to have played the levels before, and Blue was a variety of folk until it settled on a player called 'gim'. I remember reading that the audience on the Russian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? give unreliable answers when asked because they're jealous of the contestants. Gim was the Zelda version of that, almost purposefully doing the obviously wrong things, such as throwing Leondin and I into the water, blowing us up and bringing us to the point of failure on one section. No

It was fun, though, and I've managed to craft the Legendary Dress as a result. Thumbs Up! Grin Cool
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 21:26

A call to arms, Tri Force Heroes owners! Grin

Are you free to join me on the game from about 7pm tomorrow? Please let me know - I'll tweet about it tomorrow. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next