We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Go down 
+14
Xelviar
Buskalilly
Axis1500
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Admin
fronkhead
shanks
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 0:14

I finished this game recently, and after two days of play, it was that good.

I'm still hugely impressed with how well made it is. Next Level Games, under the supervision of Nintendo, are truly talented bunch, and seeing the credits screen and how the core staff of the game consists entirely of Next Level Games members (right down to the audio team led by Chad York), it's even more impressive to think this.

Everything about LM2 was quality, from the visuals (the lighting is stunning, the animation lavish, the physics believable) to the level design (I loved how fresh the game felt due to the inventive use of puzzle solving, even on the final mansion) and boss design (this was a real highlight for me).

What also stood out for me that doesn't seem to be sung too much was the game's audio design, which I really, really liked. Luigi humming along to the music is ace, but the use of the clarinet to explain Luigi's movements and feelings was genius, it complements the game's also stunning animation well, and further gave the game's worlds a level of charm that probably surpasses Wind Waker. The soundtrack, too, is one of my favourites now.

The Iwata Asks for this game is a fascinating read, too (http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/luigis-mansion-dark-moon/0/2).

My favourite 3DS game thus far and one of my favourite games ever.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 1:51

Anyone noticed in the advert for this the obligatory "not actual in game footage" shows up when it actually is all in game footage? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 15:58

sporkhead wrote:
What also stood out for me that doesn't seem to be sung too much was the game's audio design, which I really, really liked. Luigi humming along to the music is ace, but the use of the clarinet to explain Luigi's movements and feelings was genius, it complements the game's also stunning animation well, and further gave the game's worlds a level of charm that probably surpasses Wind Waker. The soundtrack, too, is one of my favourites now.

I agree with almost all of your post, but I won't let it be said that the LM2 soundtrack went unsung. Not by me, at least.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 16:20

Played the first mansion on this last night after Fire Emblem picked on me one time too many. It's rather good isn't it? Missed 2 gems which bugged me as I didn't even see them. Now to wait a week until I can play it again Aww!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 16:40

Q&A with Chad York, the lead composer of the game: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=5672.0

Can Nintendo release an official soundtrack CD for this game? Please?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 2:25

I just beat the first mansion too. It's really good! And the first boss was actually pretty tricky. Thoroughly enjoying it - along with New Leaf, DKCR and Fire Emblem the So Many Games promotion has been treating me well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 20:31

As I'm determined to beat it before I start Dream Team Bros., I finally made some progress earlier (ruddy Animal Crossing, time sink extraordinaire)! I'd gotten to the Clock Tower boss when I started playing AC:NL and beat him tonight - one more hit would have killed me. I then did the first mission of the next mansion. The levels are getting lengthier. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 23:55

I finished it recently and absolutely loved it! Probably my second favourite 3DS game (behind fire emblem). Even tempted to go back to get the Boo's and gems however remembering how much the awful Circle pad made my thumb ache in paranormal chaos is holding me back.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 1:42

I've come back to this in recent weeks, partly to play through it again (cos, y'know, it was really short, and short games SUCK Winky Face), partly to collect up all the Boos, jewels and get a three star rating on every level.

Anyone interested in playing some online games on it? I never went online on it when it came out, and feel like I've missed out. Meh 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 3:33

I might be time zone permitting
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 7:30

I was, a while ago... not sure now. But it's still a great game, so I wouldn't be averse to having a reason to pick it up again. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 8:04

Happy to have a bash at the on-line mode! When are we all free?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 8:20

I will but I'm not free for 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 8:39

I'm good for the next couple of days
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 21:47

I'm free every day this week apart from Wednesday and Thursday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 12:40

Rattling through the game now. What was up with that fourth mansion? There was almost literally nothing to it. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11