We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform

Go down 
+11
Muss
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
gjones
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 11:57

I would also be happy with that version
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 8:44

Hells yeah. Not too far away, but enough time for me to potentially revisit some predecessors.

This game doesn't look too different, though the dynamic camera is an exciting addition.

What the trailer showed - caves and collecting treasure - was all very Pikmin 2. I hope this game also captures some drama and adventure of the odd numbered Pikmins.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 13:45

I'm so annoyed that they've got me enthused with a doggo. But yep, I'm back on board and excited again - I think I forgot how much I enjoyed number 3.
I dunno about the drama though Buska - I reckon they might dial it back a bit again, although I don't know anyone who came close to carking it in P3.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023 - 4:59

It doesn't need to be an actual in-game risk of failure, just a story about survival rather than profit.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2023 - 22:03

I sat down with the generously-long eShop demo last night and didn’t stop playing until I completed it. I was really impressed, it’s definitely made me more excited for the game’s full release next weekend.

I’d been warned about the demo’s slow dialogue and handholding beforehand, but I think they’re justifiable. It’s the series’ big relaunch after a decade away, on a platform with ten times the userbase of the ones that the first three Pikmin games originally launched on. It wasn’t too difficult for me to recall my initial ‘what the fuck is going on?’ feeling that I had with Pikmin when I first played it on a HMV pod over twenty years ago, I think they'll avoid that with how Pikmin 4 explains itself though.

Did anyone else give it a try? Your progress carries onward to the full game, which is handy if you’re looking to buy it and make a head start on it sooner.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 10:38

A little part of me laments the loss of that "what the fuck is going on?" feeling - playing Pikmin 1 right now I think it does a wonderful job of teaching through play. On the other hand, it clearly struggled to find a large audience and I've already enjoyed playing those older games, so if this angle gets more people on board, it's only a good thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 16:33

TCK wrote:
I’d been warned about the demo’s slow dialogue and handholding beforehand, but I think they’re justifiable. It’s the series’ big relaunch after a decade away, on a platform with ten times the userbase of the ones that the first three Pikmin games originally launched on.

Even though I found the dialogue/handholding annoying that is a good point. Still, a little "I've played Pikmin before" option would've been nice for folk like us - but at least when I eventually do buy it I don't have to go through that opening bit again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 13:04

Started this last night and ended up playing for about 4hrs and not leaving the first sort zone guess you call it as I was on about 87% complete from natural play, that I wanted the 100% in the zone. I'm actually on 99% as I need 50 Pikmin to get something.

Not sure if I will do this with very zone (this where an achievement system would make sense Balla) mind.

It looks great, like I don't know how Nintendo do it and the camera angle works better than I thought it would.

Top game so far, cracking year for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jul 2023 - 7:48

Nintendo are wizards on their own machines, always have been.
It didn't blow my mind as much as I remember Pikmin 3 doing back in the day, but it does look great. I think the new camera stuff is fun, but that top-down Pikmin view combined with the visual style does something to trick your brain into thinking you're looking down at real objects.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jul 2023 - 9:28

I felt the new top down view was pulled out to far, compared to previous games.

There was a bigger gap between Pikmin 2 and 3 right, then 3 being HD, early U and a great use on the Gamepad was certainly more wow to it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2023 - 23:11

I’m onto the fourth location and about ten hours in, working my way through the main story with the odd side quest completed too. It’s been massively playable and it’s technically really impressive, but it’s been a slow start for sure. As a Pikmin veteran it’s been pretty repetitive for me up to this point – there’s not really been any enemies, puzzles or landscapes that aren’t already familiar to me from the first three games, sometimes all three of them. I’ve not used many of the new commands, abilities or inventions at all either. Still, I expect things to pick up and I sense that I’ll need these commands, abilities and inventions later on. Wherever Pikmin 4 is going though, I just wish it would be quicker in getting there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 7:40

It feels like a Nintendo game the main game is pretty simple, then the postgame (even though it's part of the main story in P4) is the tougher part.

Think this part of the main game is for everyone and if want a challenge it's there after.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 9:16

I thought it was a phenomenal game and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to check themselves. Got the 100% yesterday and it was a joy from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 9:48

Hoping you going to check me Winky Face

Still think great and put high on games played this year list, just not outstanding, a perfect 8/10 game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 10:38

masofdas wrote:
i think great and put high on games played this year list, just outstanding, a perfect game.

Fix'd
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 13:40

If not in your Top 5 now on GGS GOTY 23 then I'll be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 14:19

There's still 4 months left m8 Laughing
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jul 2023 - 23:36

Mas had his goty mapped out in February....
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2023 - 3:23

Someone at work gave a speech about Dandori. Not even a gamer, totally coincidental.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2023 - 17:38

If somebody at my work tried to explain the process of Dandori to me I think I’d have to give them a well-deserved flying dropkick.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2023 - 7:16

They didn't need to explain it, they had just done a demonstration lesson that went over schedule and were apologising for their poor Dnadori and naming it as a key thing to work on!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 9:29

I was late playing this so haven't said much about it but I love it, it's brilliant, satisfying to chip away at, great music, charming and full of many enjoyable little touches.

However the constant feeling that the game is trying to improve me a as a person by promoting Dandori really bugs me, leave me as the inept man-child I am and let me play my videogames in peace please leaf people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 19:08

Yes! Every time those leaflings showed up I was like "get yer Dandori to fuck" pal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 9:37

I was like "finally! A bit of this game that requires me to meaningfully engage with any of the mechanics."
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 16:02

Nah I don't believe you said that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next