Zelda In Surprise Meteos Promotion In The Champions' Balladeer

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sat 31 Oct 2015 - 21:46

We got some more info at PGW about this PS4 exclusive title from Square Enix and Platinum that it's being done by Team Little Angels AKA the Bayonetta team. I was excited anyway knowing Platinum was making but with them doing lot's at the moment with some recent titles not being great, was a little weary but now knowing the team doing it, I'm well excited.

Also did anyone play NieR as it has become a bit of a cult JPRG and a strange one to try to continue as a series & in a different genre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 10:15

Its all a bit vague with platinum; Bayo's director is doing Scalebound and Bayo 2's director is on Starfox, Transformers had the Bayonetta gameplay... I think Platinum alone is enough of a sign of quality. Korra is their only bad game, so that's a pretty good track record.

I never played Nier but I do hear good chat about it. Maybe one to keep an eye on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 10:24

I just know it's Team Little Angels doing the game, some of the high-profile directors are doing other things as you say and maybe some of TLA went to work on Transformers (How good is the gameplay compared to Bayo's?) that I don't know, but if the core team of TLA are working on NieR that can only only be a good thing also from the trailer it does look a lot like a Bayonetta and I wouldn't be surprised if we see this game within the next year either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 12:15

Nier was a really interesting game, the gameplay isn't all that special but it has one of those really interesting stories that you wouldn't really expect. Think of how positively everyone thinks of Spec Ops: The Line and Nier is in a very similar boat, only better.

I'm very interested in how it is related to Nier because that was not a game that left any obvious room for a sequel, Nier itself is a spinoff of one of the endings to Drakenguard so I guess they'll just pick one of the 4 endings and run with it, but yeah odd choice, especially if you know what it's about (there's a whole lot of reading into it you can do). I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you get the chance, I just imagine it'll be a bit expensive now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 12:25

Doesn't the proper Japaneses version of NieR touch on some strange subjects.

It's around £20 which might be considered expensive for quite a old now PS360 game, that's my issue with like Remember Me that I don't own any last gen systems on course these might be on PC. I've just not looked, but maybe they'll come to XBONE's BC or PSNOW at some-point (which there was a suggestion site for PSNOW) or remasters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 12:33

There are 2 versions in Japan, the PS3 one (Replicant) which had Yonah as his sister with some sort of incest stuff thrown in and the 360 one (Gestalt) where he is her father. Gestalt is the only version that came out over here obvs.

That's not bad, it peaked for a time as I remember being shocked at how much it was as I got it for like £6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 12:39

I thought it was that and we had the clean version in the west. From what I've heard about it from a story point people have only really talked about Replicant as the proper game which as someone in the west, Automata is hard to continue on from that but I think it's just set in the same world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 12:41

As far as I'm aware there's not a lot of divergence aside from the relationship. It's kinda hard to explain why it's an odd one to follow on from without spoiling it, so I won't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 16:54

All this chat of replicants and gestalts has me thinking of Blade Runner and Transformers, so I'm super interested now.
masofdas wrote:
Transformers (How good is the gameplay compared to Bayo's?)

I haven't played a huge amount yet, but what I have is nice. It's a little more simplified, and I don't have the dodge down as well as I had it by the end of my time with Bayonetta, but overall it plays really nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 18:04

I instantly thought of Blade runner as well when replicants was mentioned, anyhow is this going to be a third person action game as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 18:08

I might have to get Transformers at somepoint, maybe during double discount week at work or for xmas.

Yeah Jas, if watch the PGW trailer it looks an awful lot like Bayo which should be no surprise from TLA.

Not long in till were living in the times of Blade Runner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 1 Nov 2015 - 18:13

Just watched it and it looks really good, the music was a lot like what you'd hear in Farscape too so that' another plus for me. Smile

(Those Golem designs were a bit shite though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 14:01

There was a event in Tokyo over the weekend, where we got some new footage including this trailer. From the bits, I've seen this is coming out this year which is great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 11:18

March 10th for us Europeans, a few days after Horizon and if rumours are true a few days before the Switch. 2017 is going to be a expensive year for games and a good one if everything comes out in 2017 that's meant to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Tue 6 Dec 2016 - 11:41

Really liked the trailer from PSX actually, looks like the gameplay is getting the Platinum Seal of Quality, now I just hope the story holds up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:02

Demo on the 22nd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    

Back to top Go down

NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1