We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 8:52

Aye thats a fair point. Probably will upgrade all the weapons and go for the alternate endings at some point. Also the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:36

So, this is coming out on Switch now. Normally that'd be my cue to shift this into the Switch sub-forum, but there's a decent chance we get a below-average port and the Switch version sinks without trace. Thoughts, gentlemen?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:38

Apprantly it's 1080p 30fps and has exclusive costumes etc, I feel it be a good port and don't think it's that intensive of a game.

Physical up on Square site for £35.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:40

That's good enough for me! Shifted. I can't help think that for an action game though, they've got the ps and the fps the wrong way around.

The exclusive costume for the main character is Sick
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:44

Possibly but maybe resolution was to low at 60fps? I've not seen the costumes myself for all the characters.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 9:54

It's not really an action game, it's more JRPG than action.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 16:03

Here's my take on it

The footage of the game in the direct looked good. I'm actually surprised it's 1080p docked because on PS4/Xbox it's 900p. Then again, it could be a dynamic resolution. And of course it's 30fps but that's not a surprise. Astral Chain showed that they're willing to compromise on fps.

I would say this is an action rpg but anyway, the combat isn't especially deep in this game. I'd describe it as Bayonetta-lite. There are lots of different weapons and abilities but there are much fewer standard combos. So the drop to 30fps isn't *that* big of a deal. I would say 30fps Bayo or DMC would be unacceptable, but Nier Automata focuses on things other than action. A world to explore, side storys, other gameplay styles, etc.

Looks like it'll probably be a good port.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 19:00

The reversible boxart, keen even though I should just play it on my Xbox
NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 927_1656519335_29496
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 20:56

I'm in a similar boat mas, except with PS4. I just find myself playing Switch so much more because my partner isn't particular into gaming and I feel bad taking over the living room with a game (even though I don't think he'd give a shit) - so even though I have Automata on the PS4 I think I'd be more likely to play the Switch edition. Not sure it's worth it though since it'll probably be spenny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:45

See I'm not even playing handheld lol, just been playing a lot Switch recently and too come this year, that it's more ohh it's on the system I'm using.

And it is £34.99, which sure more expensive than what you can find physical on PS4 but reckon that's on par with Xbox which is digital only unlike the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:48

'Spenny'?

Crumpy Andy wrote:
It's not really an action game, it's more JRPG than action.
Kriken wrote:
I would say this is an action rpg but anyway, the combat isn't especially deep in this game. ...Nier Automata focuses on things other than action. A world to explore, side storys, other gameplay styles, etc.

capriocuriosityattention.gif
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:53

Spenny is expensive, why I pointed out the £35 price which seems good as can see P5R being £50.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:54

Ah okay. £35 doesn't seem that bad to me for what it is, assuming it runs well natch.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:58

Yeah, but on PS4 you can get it for less than or around £20 pretty easily, and have been able to for yonks. At least it's not full price on Switch though!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 22:04

Just looked it is £35 on PSN and Xbox, so it is just the RRP for Switch.

This is the thing with used games elsewhere with other formats getting the game as new releases, be same for P5R be £50 on Switch/Xbox/PC but can just buy on PS4 from CEX right now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 17:34

I think you'll really enjoy Automata, Balla. Like the rest of the gang have mentioned, it's closer to action RPG than a spectacle action game in the vein of DMC or whatnot.

My memories of this game revolve more around exploring the world, unravelling the mysteries of the story and sidequesting as opposed to the combat. That's not to say it's a bad game to actually play in regards to the combat - it's still a good time. Interested to hear your thoughts if you do end up playing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2022 - 20:17

Ooft, Moyles going for the big sales pitch there. Anything where 'exploring the world' is one of the most memorable aspects is probably going to get me interested! ('Unravelling the mysteries of the story'... er... Shifty )

After all y'all's pitches, I reckon I'm probably on board with this so long as it doesn't run like dog plop on Switch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2022 - 22:16

How they've talked about it, it be fine and might be one I join you on like XC3.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 2:17

If it runs okay on Switch, which with Plat it ought to, I'll for sure pick it up. I like the little Platinum collection I'm growing for that machine. . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 10:54

Virtuos is handling the port not platinum. They've done Dark Souls, Outer Worlds, Xcom for the Switch in the past.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2022 - 19:18

I've not heard great things about the Dark Souls or Outer Wilds ports...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2022 - 21:39

Wrong Outer, Balla
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2022 - 21:46

I was actually thinking of Worlds, Wilds isn't even out on Switch yet!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 7:06

Balladeer wrote:
I've not heard great things about the Dark Souls or Outer Wilds ports...

The Dark Souls port ran fine - I completed the whole game - it just had the exact problems Dark Souls has always had technically.

Even if Platinum aren't personally coding it, it's still a Platinum game and after Bayonetta on PS3 I'd like to believe they wouldn't sign off on anything else that would sully their good name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 8:28

You forget Korra, and the most recent Babylon Fall also I doubt they'll be giving the greenlight it all be down to Square.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game    NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NieR: Automata, Bayonetta's team next game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next