We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 16:04

You seem to be right, only able to get the neon coloured for the one side.

I didn't if anyone has seen but Limited Run Games who bring a lot of indie VITA games and some downloadable titles to physical media and they are basically saying now that they see themselves making the switch from VITA to Switch, which would be rather cool for the Nintendo Switch but also a little for sad for VITA.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 19:54

Drunkalilly wrote:
The red con and the blue con played a game
But all Jas wants is two joy cons the same
He matches every set he sees
From Monhan to Dark Souls III
But Drunka puts on armour as he plays.

He's looking for the best stats,
Preferably light,
So all his dodge rolling isn't fat.

OH NO! This piece of armour doesn't add up to a complete set! Jas won't wear it!
But good ol' Drunka took the mixed set way.

I don't think any of us saw that coming... Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:39

Least of all me, as I wrote it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 0:53

Drunkalilly wrote:
Nintendo machines are famously durable, so I reckon you were safe.

Was a good time had, overall?
It certainly was, still doesn't feel like I've actually held the machine in my hands though. I haven't mentioned the food and drink yet either, all free of charge and very very good quality too, I had some top notch Fish and Chips.

The_Jaster wrote:
You know what I don't like? That they sell the red & blue joy-cons as mixed sets, I'd prefer to have 2 red joy-cons. Sulk
This is why I've gone for the Grey, it just looks odd, ideally I'd want the console to match the colour of the JoyCons too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:26

Nintendo are good like that, I remember when I went to a Streetpass event and it was a free bar thanks to Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 11:10

Treesmurf wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Nintendo machines are famously durable, so I reckon you were safe.

Was a good time had, overall?
It certainly was, still doesn't feel like I've actually held the machine in my hands though. I haven't mentioned the food and drink yet either, all free of charge and very very good quality too, I had some top notch Fish and Chips.

The_Jaster wrote:
You know what I don't like? That they sell the red & blue joy-cons as mixed sets, I'd prefer to have 2 red joy-cons. Sulk
This is why I've gone for the Grey, it just looks odd, ideally I'd want the console to match the colour of the JoyCons too.

Yup I also went with grey & also agreed on the system being the same colour as well.

I still want these to happen as well.

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 CvPvy5VXYAEbloZ
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:57

I read that as "possible Switch controller concepts", thinking these were early designs, and thought "that's just a Gamecube controller, that would have been really lazy!" Duh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:02

So am I the only one who went for red and blue hereabouts? Unless there's a cool black/bright white option, more colours > fewer colours! Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:04

I didn't like how the red and blue clashed. I'd be all over a red and black set though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:21

I'd much rather have the silver version - I don't think the bright colours clash with everything else being anthracite. However, I'll take any option at all right now...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:38

I don't actually know what I've got ordered. I would have chosen red and blue, given the option, I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:12

Balladeer wrote:
So am I the only one who went for red and blue hereabouts?  Unless there's a cool black/bright white option, more colours > fewer colours! Grin
I'd have gone for a blue but one of each just doesn't look right.

I seen a concept for GBA one with transparent purple JoyCons, now that looked amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 6:11

There are lots of clever/nostalgic/both ways that they could go with Joy-Con designs/colours but the Switch has got to be really popular before we'll see Nintendo flooding the market with ten or more designs for their £70 ( Shocked ) controller. Having said I'm Shocked ed at the price, it's worth noting that I'm sure I'll get an extra Joy-Con, almost solely for ARMS at the moment. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 12:44

I reckon we could see when the next Zelda comes out, stuff like the gold Wiimote.

On the controllers I do think both the Pro-S and Joy-Cons are expensive but a Xbox One controller is £39.99 and you have to buy either battery's or play & charge kit on top also its just a controller, Dual Shock 4 is £44.99 does have built in battery which has maybe 8hrs at the most charged, motion controls, light bar and touchpad that you get why its a fiver more then a Xbox One controller.

The Pro-S for £64.99 on day one, where it will always be a tad expensive has 40hr charge, motion controls, HD rumble and NFC reader and the Joy-Cons have that sensor thing and it's two controllers in one.

For the meet up in May you only need 4 sets of Joy-Cons to play 8 player Mario Kart 8D, on Wii U you would need 8 actual controllers.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 17:57

I really thought the Switch was going to be the system where Nintendo offered an all red bundle, one day it'll happen one day. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:00

Jeezus, I thought the price of the switch was bad because Nintendo is clueless, but nope, they're just being really REALLY greedy going by the SD cards being triple the price. Meh Did they learn nothing from the Vita dying, the 3DS flopping until it was price cut, and the fact they no longer have automatic attention from consumers? Clearly not if they think they're in a position to take SD cards and charge triple the price for a Nintendo logo.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if it's going to take some sort of near bankruptcy phoenix Resurrection for Nintendo to stop being so utterly foolish. It's honestly depressing, they have all the tools they need to succeed and despite what my seemingly relentless negativity may imply I want them to succeed, yet they constantly seem insistent on shooting themselves in the foot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:25

I don't see the branded / official SD cards as a issue, branded / official stuff is always more expensive and unlike the VITA its not a format locked to the system.

When I get my bonus this year, I'm just going to get one from work be it Nintendo or ASDA own as it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:46

I agree with mas. As long as other companies' SD cards work reliably with the Switch, I'll nab one of them. To be honest, it's symptomatic of the high prices at the moment for anything Switch-related, be it games, controllers or the machine itself. At least this one has a workaround. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 16:27

Even then you can get a Hori Pro style controller for £30 and the price of the Switch is £280 which is a lot but the VITA was £250 and the 3DS was around the same.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 14:59

It's absolutely an issue, it shows Nintendo is trying to price gouge. It's a cause for concern for anybody who purchases their hardware on multiple levels. It shows they aren't pricing their products out of ignorance, but a genuine desire to take as much as possible. It's self-destructive, they seem to have woken up with amnesia of the last six years, thinking they're still the Apple of gaming, thinking people will buy whatever priced items they release just because it has their logo on it.

It's self-destructive because there's a very good chance the average consumer will tell them to, rightly, get stuffed. This goes on to hurt their profits, which in turn brings them ever closer to having to withdraw from console making (I doubt I need to point out how badly that could hurt. It could even see them withdraw from making full fledged games altogether if the shareholders have their way).

Even if it doesn't do that it's still a absolutely scummy thing to do. Sure, we are intelligent enough to buy generic SD cards. There are many average consumers who will be tricked by the branding in to thinking they need to buy them to run the system, essentially either conning them out of money or convincing them to buy another system.

Or say it works, then we're all screwed because it'll tell Nintendo to price things at an even more ridiculous premium than they already do.

If anything it's far worse than the Vita. At least Sony was up front and honest with its "we made the system and you'll buy our products for it) approach. Nintendo is essentially trying the good old "too small to see fine-print" con. I'll admit I have little sympathy for consumers that don't properly research large purchases, that said stunts like this cross the line of honour. It's stunts like this that separate companies that deserve respect and companies that do not.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 16:15

I see as no different as Microsoft having a RRP of like £20 for Play & Charge kits or Sony having branded headsets for £119.99 where you can get both cheaper.

They all do it, should they maybe not but this has been around since the days of offical carry cases for GameBoyss.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 16:19

Yeah or:

A) Nintendo aren't good at making sd cards so they're more expensive

B) a Nintendo branded sd card going faulty on a Nintendo machine will definitely mean Nintendo give a toss about either fixing or replacing the offending card, explaining a premium consumers pay for the official option. Much like Sony memory cards were always more expensive, but always more reliable.

C) the average consumer has a smart phone. Therefore, The average consumer knows how sd cards work and will probably think any old sd card will work on a switch, the same way any old sd card does on a phone (or hdmi cables do on tv's, or usb sticks on computers or...). Those that are unsure but interested in the switch will probably google it or ask in a shop, but equally probably account for a minority of potential consumers given the year we live in.

D) assuming your nightmare scenario occurs, switch flops Nintendo drop their consoles forever, they're still definitely not going to stop making games. Calm down.

I mean, fair enough if you think the switch or Nintendo sd cards are overpriced (the sd cards are in my book) but maybe don't just assert that there's a concerted effort by Nintendo to rip people off considering we don't actually have any information regarding the manufacturing cost of the console or any of its peripherals?

Nor, in fact, do we know with any degree of certainty how many controllers, how much memory, whatever, people are going to need or feel they need.

Chill
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 18:55

Aren't these SD cards made by Hori & Nintendo have just allowed their branding on it?

----

Have some lovely Joy-con designs for your eyeballs.

https://www.instagram.com/hypnopompe/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 19:00

You are correct but they are the only officially licensed SD Cards at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:26

Muss wrote:
the sd cards are in my book
That's a fancy book... Laughing

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo - slightly ironically - can afford to push their luck with pricing. I think Muss' B answer is probably the most likely; however the difference in price might not make that "peace of mind" worthwhile.

EDIT: Also, this has genuinely reminded me to buy a new SD card! It's 128 GB; the first one I got for the Wii was 512MB I think... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next