We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 10:26

Not sure if this is the right thread four this sort of chat, but that's another Switch game been leaked by one of those four usual folk who seem hell-bent on basically spoiling everything and calling it "investigative journalism" and "their job".

Not going to post any details about the game, but the news is that it was due to be unveiled this month anyway. Which is a massive, massive shame altogether. This is all starting to remind me of the year when I found out what my brother was getting me for Christmas; its nice to be surprised, but at the same time I felt a great sense of guilt after thinking about all the thought, time and effort went into getting that present. With this game, everyone involved must be so disappointed that somebody else has spilled the beans.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 10:32

The thing is we've only seen 4 screen shots of this game, yeah we now know a trailer is coming this month.

We still don't know the developer which is likely a indie due to it being shown Nintendo's event, what the game is called, the genre etc

Still more to know but this could be small indies attempt at a big break by showing of something before Nintendo do and possibly have it ready at launch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:02

I'm actually agreeing with Cappa on this one. Rough details are fine, and I've defended leaking stuff before; but honestly, when you get to shoving leaked screenshots in the public's face it's gone too far.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:11

More details have now leaked, so what your saying you'd sooner see these details then a screenshot with no context.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:50

That's the thing it's being done not because people need to know about it, it's being done because that's what likely get's the most clicks for a website these days. I've managed to avoid seeing said screenshots but personally it's still shitty that I have to basically tip toe about the internet/social media for the rest of the day to keep it that way.

It doesn't even help the game at all either as all anyone is discussing is this upsurge of leaks & that is just boring as fuck.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:36

Leak culture thoroughly depresses me. I think hype is a huge part of how video games thrive, for better or for worse (looking at you, No Man's Sky). Events like PSX or E3 prove that gamers want to tap into that hype and get excited about a presentation or a trailer rather than a tweet with some screenshots or an article rife with speculation. Can you imagine if the Twilight Princess reveal from E3 had been leaked beforehand? It'd have robbed us of one of the greatest E3 moments ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:53

Yeah, we don't need to know any of this. I know I've said this before, but: you can "leak" if a company appears to be employing dodgy business practices (i.e. what they don't want you to know), but you don't need to leak the fun surprise someone had been planning on making (i.e. what they eventually do want you to know).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:03

I'm mostly trying to avoid the whole leaks conversation. Personally, I enjoy the hype train, at least where Nintendo are concerned. On the other hand, I absolutely hate big business and I know I shouldn't let myself get drawn in the way I do. If I just enjoyed games for the individual pieces of art they are, I could save myself money and disappointment. As long as the internal content of the products are unspoiled, which is a different issue, it feels silly to care about how a company is revealing stuff. Again, as I said before, where Nintendo are concerned I'm as bad as anyone.

The other side of the issue, the leakers themselves. People are saying "they're only doing it for the clicks". . . yeah? That is their job. If it's a choice between the whims of the marketing department of a massive, multi-billion-dollar corporations or the livelihoods of individual reporters, anyone choosing the former is scum. If they're going to report the "big issues", the child labour and the backhanded dealings and the Konami fuckery, they need to keep paying the bills with whatever people are clicking on.

I dunno man.

As long as we live in a capitalist society, it's all gonna be fucked up.

Ian M. Banks wrote:
Money is a sign of poverty.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 8:38

Eloquently put, and basically my thoughts. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 20:15

As long as they do it for the clicks, so basically keep everything hidden behind a link then that's fine with me, if I don't click I don't know (usually). On the subject of said leak, it looks bloody lovely doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:12

I got quite Earthbound-y vibes, in a good way. Also, and I mean this in the best possible way, very French.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:37

Yon Scullywag has been promoting this, what he's doing some articles for. I am... intrigued, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:58

Don't post that Andy will be off on one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:45

I am sorely tempted by that Switch mag . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 18:21

I'll probably just check out the digital version for the first issue to see if it is worth spending the extra for a printed copy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 18:29

I do own a few issues of the VITA Lounge magazine and I liked it but just couldn't afford to keep the pateron also they most of the reviews and stuff on thier website, that by the time it did come to me I already read most of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 9:20

Jimbob post yesterday as prediction about Mario Kart 9 ad didn't want to be corrected due rumours etc which I've not even though we all know its Kart 8+ coming and Kart 9 could be shown during the event as well but I would find that strange.

But when Jim said it though Kart 9 will happen (you hope) on Switch, meaning the Switch is the first Nintendo system to get two Mario Karts which isn't VC. I would think it will also get two Splatoons, anything else the Switch might be one of the first to have multiples of?

I think we will only get SMASH for Switch based of the 3DS/WiiU one at not another one though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:20

masofdas wrote:
But when Jim said it though Kart 9 will happen (you hope) on Switch, meaning the Switch is the first Nintendo system to get two Mario Karts which isn't VC. I would think it will also get two Splatoons, anything else the Switch might be one of the first to have multiples of?

What? No I just meant the next Mario Kart game.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:22

Would you consider a remaster of Kart 8 the next Mario Kart though?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 20:56

We don't know at all that we're getting a remaster. We saw like 5 seconds of footage in a video which definitely included lots of placeholder games.

Even if we are getting 8+, all Mario Kart games use a mix of old and new content, and make only small shifts to the formula. The jump from 7 to 8 wasn't much different than the jump from 8 to 8+ might be, other than more new tracks. I think it'd be fair to class it as its own game based on what is currently rumoured.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 22:46

It's a weird one as to me its not a new game even if they do add a bunch of new tracks and racers, to me it will be Mario Kart 8 and not Kart 9.

I see it as no different to The Last of Us remaster, sure it added in the DLC and it looked better but still at its core was TLoU. I'm not saying I'm not going to buy MK8+ as I will.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 0:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
We don't know at all that we're getting a remaster. We saw like 5 seconds of footage in a video which definitely included lots of placeholder games.

Even if we are getting 8+, all Mario Kart games use a mix of old and new content, and make only small shifts to the formula. The jump from 7 to 8 wasn't much different than the jump from 8 to 8+ might be, other than more new tracks. I think it'd be fair to class it as its own game based on what is currently rumoured.

This why re-releasing something like MK8 just feels silly to me just slap a 9 on it & all will be good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 10:48

Would you be happy about that they just call it Mario Kart 9, Spla2on and SMASH: Rumble then when you get home and play you find-out its the same game but just some more tracks/maps and not lot else.

Surely its better Nintendo be clear and go this is a Directors Cut or whatever they want to call it and then in 2-3 years time we get a proper Mario Kart 9.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:43

I think I understand where you're coming from Mas, and especially for a company like Nintendo who pride themselves on innovation it seems very uncharacteristic of them to release something iterative to the point where an MK8+ might seem better.

But for all Ninty's creativity, MK has always been a largely iterative series. 8 is the pinnacle of human kart racer endeavors for my money, but it's the gameplay tweaks that made it so for me, not any additional features as such. In that sense, I'd not have a problem with them calling a Switch version MK9, even if it was largely a port with extra tracks and karts. What was the difference between the Wii MK and the prior DS title, if not for simply more stuff and nae challenge modes (and a total lack of weapon balancing in the Wii one)?

Also in the grand scheme of things not many had the privilege of playing MK8 because it was released on the Wii U. If Ninty want to distance themselves from that machine now I can kind of understand that. And if any company has shown they can get DLC right with their flagship products then it's Nintendo. I'd welcome an early MK Switch release that sees annual DLC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 23:15

I think that's the plan as the hardcore will but it again and the new lot who are hyped for a Switch and seemed to have found some Nintendo love again will likly buy a Mario Kart on a system they want.

Seems a win-win to bring over the best of Wii U and bring in that $$$$ for what be a new game for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next