We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge

Go down 
+12
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Gwyn400
Balladeer
shanks
Admin
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
beemoh
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 17:55

League Tables

Participants are marked on four criteria. How many badges they earn, how many deaths they concede, how many legendaries they take down and becoming the Pokemon League Champion.

The rules are now found below the tables.

SoulSilver/HeartGold Badges Deaths Legendaries League Beaten
Phillips 0 6 0 Boo-hoo 
Gwyn 3 0 0  Sleep 
Fire Red/Leaf GreenBadges Deaths Legendaries League Beaten
JayMoyles 8 11 3 :king: 
Vidofnir 8 13 3 Boo-hoo 
Gwyn 8 14 3 Boo-hoo 
Darunia 2 2 0  Sleep 
Rum 0 0 0 0
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Badges Deaths Legendaries League Beaten
Andyman 1 1 0  Sleep 
Athrun 8 11 4  :king:  
Vidofnir 7 6 1  Boo-hoo 
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Badges Deaths Legendaries League Beaten
Zerojones 2 8 0 Boo-hoo 
Vidofnir 2 0 0 0
JayMoyles 1 0 0 0

The Rules of the Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge:

All rules in red are either new, or easily forgotten

--- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be placed in a PC box titled "Graveyard"  Crying or Very sad

---The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances! If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.

---Nickname all of your Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

---A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC!

---Starter Pokémon is based off your Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.

---Going to options and making the battle style "set".

---If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

---With the Safari zone, the default Nuzlocke rules apply, only the first pokemon can be caught, ALL areas of the safari zone counts as ONE

--- Legendaries cannot be captured! Taking them down does go toward your score, however it is not compulsory to defeat them, also in tandem with this, the masterball cannot be used.

---No repels are allowed! Mainly to give the finding of rare monsters a greater degree of luck, repel can be used to improve chances and therefore is banned.

---If you have no pokeballs upon finding your first wild pokemon in an area, this counts as your allotted attempt at catching a pokmeon in said route. Mainly accounts for the first route in the game.

---NEW: No use of exp share in any game, also no use of the focus sash, choice items, lucky egg or eviolite.

---Be wary of freebie pokemon, these pokemon, more prevalent in Black White + X/Y count as the area's allotted pokemon. (e.g. Pansage, Panpour, Pansear)

--- No Mega Evolutions. (Definately no use of Lucario in X/Y)

--- NPC trades are not usable.

--- Although not a strict rule, do not overlevel. Being +5/10 levels up defeats the challenge.

--- Defeating any legendary outside of standard play does not count. (Victini, Meloetta, you get the idea)

--- No use of Poke bank or pokemon acquired through any other game than the one you are playing.

Last edited by Vidofnir on Sat 19 Apr 2014 - 13:45; edited 60 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 18:29

Oh, I'm definitely game for this! I completed a Randomised Emerald Nuzlocke a while back (where every Pokemon in the game was randomised, even your starters), made for a very fun run.

I think a definite rule should be No Legendaries, save for the ones that are handed to you like in Black. Gotta take down them down for an additional Nuzlocke challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 19:12

Nice, Ill have to try randomizer in the future! Im not a massive fan of roms, so for now im going to keep it simple.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 21:32

It was a great laugh; started the game with a Spoink, first wild Pokemon I caught was a Tentacool, ended up finishing the game with a Legendary thanks to a lucky random wild Zapdos.
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 22:09

This is something I've intended to do for a while, so I think I might participate in this. I voted for FR/LG.

I'm not sure how necessary the no Legendaries rule is, given that unless you're using a randomiser it's extremely unlikely that they'll be the first Pokémon in an area. No Master Ball seems like a good rule, though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 22:35

You could Repel-spam your way through to a Legendary. Regardless, I think taking down the Legendaries adds to the challenge, plus it's a big part of the actual Nuzlocke comics.
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 22:40

How about no repels, too, then? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 22:43

That would just be cruel! Sulk

Although, I never used Repels in my last Nuzlocke. Overlevelling is definitely not a bad thing in a Nuzlocke challenge.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 23:50

The comics were great I sat and read trough them, loved the LOST references. I don't usually use repels anyway, but doesn't it just repel pokemon of a lower level than your lead? How would it make it more difficult?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 0:08

Vidofnir wrote:
The comics were great I sat and read trough them, loved the LOST references. I don't usually use repels anyway, but doesn't it just repel pokemon of a lower level than your lead? How would it make it more difficult?

Fewer wild pokémon to level against.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 0:42

^

This.

Although, to be fair, it'd make going through an area where you don't want to grind much easier.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 9:54

Provided there's no time frame for this, I am well up for it. My choice would be Emerald, as I started from scratch a while ago and haven't gotten very far, so I could easily start again! In fact, regardless of which game is chosen, I might do it anyway, since it sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:04

For me it'd have to be Pearl as it's the only one I still have Aww! Not sure I have the time right now though, Plaing too many RPGs XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:31

I like the sound of this! I was lucky enough to find a copy of SoulSilver in Shelter for a few quid before Christmas so I'd make a start on that.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 14:15

yeah, no time limit. Just post down your various experiences/tragic deaths here!

Also I thought more about the no repel rule and can see some instances were repel can be abused. For instance Mt.Moon in order to get a first pokemon of Clefairy or Paras.

Im not sure if that is just tactical use though since spending money on repel detracts from potion money!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 15:24

I think it is a little unfair, considering getting a Clefairy would probably be far better than the Zubat you'd likely get in Mt Moon. Part of the fun is getting that Zubat, and him saving your ass at a pivotal moment.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 18:20

I added 'No repel' as an additional rule. Also I don't know when exactly the poll ends, If the results are tied as they are now. Red/Green wins. So if anyone who hasn't used a vote wants to dictate here (even if you don't participate) then go ahead!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 18:45

Thanks for bringing this thread to life, Vidofnir! Sadly I won't have enough free time to be able to participate directly in this challenge at the moment, but I look forward to catching up with everyone's progress here. Smile

For anyone interested, my choice would've been Pokémon Yellow.

EDIT

And I notice that none of the older games are up as choices. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:04

I did think about R/B/Y and G/S/C however with the remakes I didn't feel they had to be included, as much as I love them!

I just feel with the remakes, the addition of more moves and the inclusion of abilities adds a greater depth of gameplay which hopefully will have an impact on a nuzlocke run.

However if the games I didn't include get more voices of approval then Ill be more than happy to play any of them!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:09

I find the simplicity of the first three (one?) outings to be the main draw, though you can't argue that subsequent adventures have streamlined the experience somewhat. Nobody enjoyed having to root through their backpack every single time just to get on their damned bike.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:28

OK! So the poll timer (should) have ran out by now, so its time to get this show on the road! Despite putting the poll up, it is not a complete necessarity to play the winning game (despite it being a tie). Obviously not everyone might own the games and also may be busy with real life commitments such as work and college! Thus there is no time limit to this little competition, and forum members can join in from this point whenever they may choose. On whatever pokemon game they may choose (Not mystery dungeon Naughty )

However, as I before stated. This is a challenge! Therefore it would make sense to turn this into a competition of sorts!
Thus I have devised a 'ranking system' of sorts of which need not have any time limit.

Competitors shall be ranked on:

How many badges they gain before their party whites or blacks out (First rival battle does not count)
How many 'deaths' they incur. (Pokemon that faint and are placed in the PC 'Graveyard)
How many Legendaries they defeat!
Winning the Pokemon league

Please notify me of any other good standards you can be ranked against

The league tables shall be edited onto my first post, each generation/remake will have its own individual table to make it fair.

Anyway, the main objective of this is to have fun! Be sure to share your stories, and may good luck shine down upon you!

I am starting Firered forthwith!

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 1:28

I would have done it with Leaf Green but I've already started, I may do it with Fire Red or Emerald which I plan to start again
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 3:11

Excellent, I shall start a new game on Fire Red tomorrow! Most excited about this, never done a group Nuzlocke like this before. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 11:39

Today's my day off, and I've made a start on SoulSilver. Phillips the Totodile, sporkhead the Sentret and Balladeer the Weedle are on the rampage!

Sadly, Stu_the_Great the Pidgey passed away after being poisoned. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 12:06

A Weedle? How very dare you!

(Go future-Balladrill!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next