We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2019 - 21:43

Without having played that RPG, or seen that RPG, or knowing anything about that RPG, or ever having heard of that RPG, I can safely say that Onimusha: Warlords is better than it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2019 - 22:55

Balladeer wrote:
I may have to leave Travis Strikes Back for a while, because Yiik has shot to the top of my 'Play After Smash' pile.  It reads like Jay's wet dream and Cappa's worst nightmare.

Yep, slapped that onto my watchlist right away after I saw it on the eShop. Looks right up my alley. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 0:43

YIIK would be right up your street Jay, have you checked out Reverie yet as that's another one that's certainly you.

I started Onimusha tonight and sure it's a simple port more than anything but I feel it holds up rather well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 0:56

I'm with the Kid, that RPG looks fucking insufferable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 18:49

Not sure being 'with the Kid' is the best place to be re. JRPGs... If it's a load of pretentious w**k, then I'll let y'all know. And as the most pretentious bloke on here, I'll probably enjoy it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 19:04

Who doesn't want to be a 90's hipster from New Jersey though
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 21:48

Probably plenty of folk......

Anyhow let's talk about how cool this game looks.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 21:56

I would be absolutely hopeless at that. No It does look cool, but it's definitely not for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 22:01

Be with The Kid, it's the way to go. My rule is: if it's not Hogs of War, Theme Park World or Ronaldo V Football, it can fuck right off.

~

Gunman Clive HD Collection for £3.59: brilliant if you've not played it (but it can fuck right off, natch).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 22:20

Balladeer wrote:
I would be absolutely hopeless at that. No It does look cool, but it's definitely not for me.

How about a puzzle exploration game instead also published by Devolver?

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Be with The Kid, it's the way to go. My rule is: if it's not Hogs of War, Theme Park World or Ronaldo V Football, it can fuck right off.

~

Gunman Clive HD Collection for £3.59: brilliant if you've not played it (but it can fuck right off, natch).

Laughing

early contender for 2019 post of the year.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2019 - 11:27

Ape Out looks like a bad Hotline Miami

Pikuniku however is a game I have been HYPED for for ages and I am EXCITED
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2019 - 11:33

Pikuniku does look good but I was thinking it was Wattam for some reason in my mind.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2019 - 12:42

I am also excited for Wattam, but yeah definitely different. Wattam looks wholesome. Pikuniku looks nightmarish Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2019 - 19:46

Pikuniku's on my 'I really want to play this but know that realistically it'll get shafted in favour of other things' list. Sulk
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 2:45

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Ape Out looks like a bad Hotline Miami

I think you are being very harsh on Ape out there, the Hotline Miami influence is clear but I think it'll be able to put more clever twists to the gameplay because of it's setting.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 10:38

Both look really good to me, love the art style of Ape Out and the sheer carnage of it all and Pikuniku looks funny and I'm always up for puzzles. GG Devolver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 16:53

Treesmurf wrote:
Both look really good to me, love the art style of Ape Out and the sheer carnage of it all and Pikuniku looks funny and I'm always up for puzzles. GG Devolver.

They really are always involved with great games and they have lots of variety in the types of games they publish too, one of my most anticipated games for this year is My Friend Pedro and a few days ago they announced another that looks pretty cool called Katana Zero which I hope comes to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 18:38

So I purchased YIIK on Thursday.  Then on Friday I read the following from this review:

Quote :
I also feel the need to mention that there are a lot of things Alex and other characters say that some people can find offensive. There’s casual sexism and casual racism, comments about “unladylike” conducts, creepy talk about women’s ages, a boss whose only attack consist of flashing his genitals (thankfully obscured by the camera angle), a very weird attempt at a joke by Alex equating the adjective “ginger” to the n-word, some very rough language in a fake Internet forum that includes people throwing the r-word and other very unpleasant insults, and a lot of comments about overweight people that border mockery.

...and now I don't really want to play it, or to have given the developers any money.  Too late for me, but Jay/Mas, maybe consider removing it from your wishlists. No

The_Jaster wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

~

Laughing

early contender for 2019 post of the year.

Better put it in the Post Appreciation Thread before everyone forgets about it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 18:52

hmm first I seen of that, the only thing I can think of is that it's set in the '90s and things were different 20 years ago. Not saying that's right but might be what they're going for, also as a ginger it does bother me as you do get things like Ginger C%$T which isn't the quite the same but still shouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:51

Balladeer wrote:
So I purchased YIIK on Thursday.  Then on Friday I read the following from this review:

Quote :
I also feel the need to mention that there are a lot of things Alex and other characters say that some people can find offensive. There’s casual sexism and casual racism, comments about “unladylike” conducts, creepy talk about women’s ages, a boss whose only attack consist of flashing his genitals (thankfully obscured by the camera angle), a very weird attempt at a joke by Alex equating the adjective “ginger” to the n-word, some very rough language in a fake Internet forum that includes people throwing the r-word and other very unpleasant insults, and a lot of comments about overweight people that border mockery.

...and now I don't really want to play it, or to have given the developers any money.  Too late for me, but Jay/Mas, maybe consider removing it from your wishlists. No

Argh, that's frustrating as it really does look right up my alley, but that sort of "humour" doesn't vibe well with me at all. It's odd that I've not seen that mentioned in other review though. Maybe it's one to wait for a deep price cut then as the core concept still interests me... or maybe it's one to avoid in lieu of the countless other games on my backlog!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 21:47

It's the backlog thing that means I'll probably end up never playing this, even though I've bought it. I've got enough almost undoubtedly good games to play through without playing through a game that thinks 'r****d' is acceptable slang.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 23:54

I told y'all that game looked like insufferable shite Smile

masofdas wrote:
you scottish cunt
masofdas wrote:
you scottish twat

Might wanna be careful with all those stones in your pretty glass house, chief.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 5:37

I apologize for that I should be better then bully myself especially as someone who has most of there life and why I've not seen my mother for 21 years, had to have private tuition and even harassment at work mainly due to being ginger & different which steams back to good old religion with various things being no souls, stealing souls, vampires, spawn of the devil because you know fire etc

No wonder I have anger issues
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 8:30

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Quote :

Argh, that's frustrating as it really does look right up my alley, but that sort of "humour" doesn't vibe well with me at all. It's odd that I've not seen that mentioned in other review though. Maybe it's one to wait for a deep price cut then as the core concept still interests me... or maybe it's one to avoid in lieu of the countless other games on my backlog!

Balladeer wrote:
It's the backlog thing that means I'll probably end up never playing this, even though I've bought it.  I've got enough almost undoubtedly good games to play through without playing through a game that thinks 'r****d' is acceptable slang.

Lads! Just get tore into that backlog and as I said on here a few months ago just plan out the next 2 or 3 games you want to play, I'm already on my way to beating more games this year than I did in 2018. My Switch backlog is down to about 5 and ps4 is at 4 I think.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 21 Jan 2019 - 8:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 8:46

Funny chap as what happen I'll buy Res Evil 2 then Kingdom Hearts play them up to this retro week then Crackdown 3 will be out, Metro review well and I'd end buying it, Game Share bud will get Anthem so I'll give that a bash and now we're into March, without looking at new Game Pass games or cool indies in-between that.

That will just continue and I'll never get to Witcher 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next