We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 8:54

Then you are a lost cause then. Razz

Also my number of Switch games in the backlog is actually 5 (totally guessed when making that post then checked properly just now when I booted the Switch up to play ItB) so I've edited my above post.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 11:11

I think you're better at this than a lot of people Jas, which is odd given how much you seem to play of a single game at any one time (R6S, MonHun etc.).  Just efficient at gaming, clearly!

Drunkalilly wrote:
I told y'all that game looked like insufferable shite Smile

I thought it'd be pretentious insufferable shite, not offensive insufferable shite. Sulk
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 12:14

It obviously helps when I do really like a certain game as I will stick with it but mostly I'll be sidetracked just as much as other people, so I'm trying to change that this year and play the stuff I like at my own pace.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 13:36

I'd still be interested in seeing what you think of it if you do give it a go Balla, as others have said that is the only review I've seen that really picks up on that so they might be overplaying it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 13:42

I'd have to redownload it from the eShop first... Laughing / Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:00

The_Jaster wrote:

Lads! Just get tore into that backlog and as I said on here a few months ago just plan out the next 2 or 3 games you want to play, I'm already on my way to beating more games this year than I did in 2018. My Switch backlog is down to about 5 and ps4 is at 4 I think.

If only it were that easy... I might be too far gone already. Laughing

It doesn't help that I want to rinse each game I play of all its content before I move on, hence why I'm spending so much time with Smash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:25

Now this might be tough but maybe play less Smash? Laughing

Though I do get what it's like wanting to rinse a game of all it's content, I'm really liking Into the Breach at the minute and it looks like there's so many ways you could class it as finished from a short 2 island play through with one squad (which I just done) right up to 100%run going for all the built in achievements. I'm just going to go for the Squad based ones which I can see being about 30-40+ hours.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:34

The_Jaster wrote:

I mean, I'm still enjoying Smash. As soon as the fun starts to fade, I'll move on. I don't bother rinsing a game of its content if I've stopped enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:38

Just preordered Pikuniku after seeing the reviews for it and that it is on a discount.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:39

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I mean, I'm still enjoying Smash. As soon as the fun starts to fade, I'll move on. I don't bother rinsing a game of its content if I've stopped enjoying it.

I think Jay and I also have a problem that, as JRPG fans, we pick up some quite big games quite often. So Octopath dominated a good month of my gaming time earlier in the year, and after that I went onto Okami; and now we're both playing Smash. Obviously you have games like that, Jas (e.g. MonHun), but I'm guessing fewer.

Also: I probably don't have as much time for gaming as some people, sadly. I barely game at all on the weekends at the moment. It's mostly weekday evenings for me, and then I also have other things to do.

BRING BACK THE WII U ERA RELEASE FREQUENCY Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 17:52

Be careful what you wish for... No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 19:06

Balla wrote:
I think Jay and I also have a problem that, as JRPG fans, we pick up some quite big games quite often. So Octopath dominated a good month of my gaming time earlier in the year, and after that I went onto Okami; and now we're both playing Smash. Obviously you have games like that, Jas (e.g. MonHun), but I'm guessing fewer.

Yeah maybe that's part of it and it's probably just a difference in what we class as being finished as well, something like Smash bros can vary from player to player but when I noticed that I hit 100 hours with it I thought it was best to move onto other games for now. (I still want to do classic mode with all characters)

Anyhow, next month is looking good for playing stuff from the backlog. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 20:35

Mas, let us know how Pikuniku goes when you get it. From the looks of that trailer, I'd say the world needs more games like Pikuniku.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 22:15

All of Jools Watsham's Atooi games are 80% on the eShop the now. I know we all agree that Mutant Mudds is gash, but two of his other games are actually worth a butchers.

Soccer Slammers is a half-decent alternative to Mario Strikers, and while it lacks depth and absolutely isn't worth it's usual £8.99, you'd maybe enjoy it with mates sharing the JoyCon. Honestly, if we do another GNamer meet-up, I can see this getting a few shots. The other game is called Totes the Goat, which is another half-decent riff on Q*Bert, and only 89p. For just over three quid, I recommend them both Shocked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 22:50

Talking about games that are 89p on the eShop another really good local MP game is One Strike.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 2:47

Downwell is out on the Switch on the 31st and its less than three quid. I've had my eye on this game since I saw it on Steam, but it seems tailor-made for handheld play with a nice stick and buttons. I'm dead keen!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 11:19

I have Downwell on ps4 and it's quality! Like you said it makes more sense on a handheld so I think I'll get it for Switch as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 12:29

I realised it was coming to Switch when I saw someone on twitter playing it with one of those vertical screen shmup setups. I think that'd be tight!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 12:34

Was just going to say does it have a Tate Mode as that be great for peeps who do pick it up.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 13:09

The_Jaster wrote:
Talking about games that are 89p on the eShop another really good local MP game is One Strike.

One Strike is good fun, recommended!

Downwell has me more interested knowing I can play vertically, I just need to dig out my stand.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 13:49

Is that the little hori stand or something else?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2019 - 15:32

Yeah the Hori stand, it works well
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 13:41

I was mucking about trying to see if I have my Piranha Plant code yet and I noticed I had 6 bucks of gold coins on my American account. I used them to buy Deep Ones, which I've been intrigued by since the demo, and One Strike because it was crazy cheap and it had some cool sprites of samurais.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 22:36

I remember watching a bit of Youtube LP of the PC version of this a couple years ago and thinking it looked really good, and now it's coming to Switch on the 8th Feb for only £3.59 Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri 1 Feb 2019 - 13:28

I really like the look of that, and the Destructiod review I read just there didn't make it sound too Metroidvania-ey, or make it sound like one of those games that's designed to be unfairly hard because it looks like a NES game. A good price as well. Cheers for bringing it to my attention - I might go for it 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next