We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 1 Feb 2019 - 13:46

The music in that trailer absolutely slapped! Looks like a quality old-school Castlevania, too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 9:36

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I really like the look of that, and the Destructiod review I read just there didn't make it sound too Metroidvania-ey, or make it sound like one of those games that's designed to be unfairly hard because it looks like a NES game. A good price as well. Cheers for bringing it to my attention - I might go for it 👍

Aye from what I can remember it's more level based even though they do have branching paths within those levels.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 22:18

That's very much in the vein of some of the early Castlevania games - Castlevania III had different exits at the end of each level which took you down a different route in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 22:28

The eShop has Odallus priced at £10.79 now so I guess the previous price was a mistake? Sulk
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 20:57

Maybe one for Jay?

Looks like the character design has a bit of the Mothers about it. Gameplay looks like it might be tripe though. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 21:58

Talking of Jay, Reverie which I've said about a few times comes to Switch this week which is sort like Mother from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:19

Sonic Mania, that's a game that's like Mother, that's the one to buy - ignore everything else.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:23

I heard it was like a Sonic game so I assumed it was shite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:36

Imagine all your favourite games, but not gash.

That's a shame about the Castlevania-looking game being mispriced. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:57

I'm enjoying how people are recommending me games that look like the Mother series like I'm an addict trying to score a hit of a drug that's out of production. Laughing

"This might make you feel that way again Jay, go on, try it!"

Onto your recommendations:

Balladeer wrote:

Looks like the character design has a bit of the Mothers about it.  Gameplay looks like it might be tripe though.  We'll see...

I could see it with some of the enemy designs at a stretch, but for the most part that didn't remind me of the Mother games at all. The game looked a bit dull too - like a Minecraft style adventure game, basically. Not for me, I think!

masofdas wrote:
Talking of Jay, Reverie which I've said about a few times comes to Switch this week which is sort like Mother from what I've heard.

That looked more like it! Very similar art style and the humour looked promising - possessed tumble dryer, brilliant - but as a Zelda style game instead of an RPG. Might see a look, that one.

The trailer, for those interested:

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 14:47

Have you played Minit, Jay? There's potentially another Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 15:17

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm enjoying how people are recommending me games that look like the Mother series like I'm an addict trying to score a hit of a drug that's out of production.  Laughing

"This might make you feel that way again Jay, go on, try it!"

...you said it, not me.

Reverie does look pretty cool though! Minit's 60-second shenanigans can push off. A Zelda game limiting you to three days was bad enough.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 22:37

OrangeRakoon wrote:

I have not! Is it worth a go? How does the time mechanic play into the adventure, then?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 11:02

JayMoyles wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:

I have not! Is it worth a go? How does the time mechanic play into the adventure, then?

It's cheap and short, so I say why not. There is plenty of replayability with optional objectives and a new game plus, although I didn't see most of it.

You always only have a minute of gameplay at a time, but you wake up back at the last bed you slept in, so you progress through areas of the game by reaching new beds, and the items you collect appear outside so you don't have to backtrack.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 22:12

Turok Remastered is coming out on Switch later this month, according to a listing on Nintendo of Canada's website:

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/detail/turok-switch

I'm well up for that. Turok was great, but it's ooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddd.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 23:21

I saw some talk about that on twitter, I'm up for giving it a go but surely those screenshots aren't what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2019 - 9:50

I think Scullion has a video up of it and I think the game has a toogle between N64 and remaster with the fog being the big difference.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2019 - 10:01

As rubbish as it looks, I've heard that it runs brilliantly, smoothly and quickly, cutting about at something like 4780fps.

I hope that they're sensible with the UK pricing, and keep it to the equivalent of $20. Even then, I can see me using Gold Points on it, trimming the fat off of what looks to be a fairly steep price.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2019 - 10:03

Turok is hard, I never got far with it back on N64. It's very immersive though from what I remember
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2019 - 20:06

TCK wrote:

As rubbish as it looks, I've heard that it runs brilliantly, smoothly and quickly

I guess that's the most important thing especially since it's a twitch style FPS but just imagine how great it'd be if this got a lick of paint like the new Doom did.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 18:52

A new game from Mechanical head studios and Yacht Club games.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 19:16

There's more info about Cyber Shadow here:

https://nintendoeverything.com/mechanical-head-studios-and-yacht-club-games-announce-cyber-shadow-for-switch/

Quote :

Authentic 8-bit presentation...Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge...

That's two ways of putting me off of a new game. If they reveal it to be a Metroidvania too... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 19:37

It doesn't look terribly 8-bit to be fair, looks more 16-bit. That aside, it's giving me all of the Messenger vibes and so I'll probably keep my distance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 19:58

@TCK -

Tbf it did add "...with an added convenience or two." after that part, but I get it, games that are just hard for the sake of it can grind my gears as well (two recent example being Volgarr the Viking and Oniken) so hopefully it'll have a much better checkpoint or save system than those games.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2019 - 10:16

Balladeer wrote:
It doesn't look terribly 8-bit to be fair, looks more 16-bit. That aside, it's giving me all of the Messenger vibes and so I'll probably keep my distance.

Strict definitions are non-existent when you're not talking actual hardware/processing power, but 8-bit pixel art tends to equate to NES limitations and is usually sprites that are limited to 4 colours including transparency/alpha. The game definitely fits that criteria, although doesn't look like an authentic NES game because it's probably a lot more demanding otherwise.

16-bit pixel art generally equates to the SNES and 16 colours per sprite (including transparency).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next