We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 17:14

Jas' version from a while back was better. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 17:40

I’ve seen that Hallow Knight is on sale on the European eShop for £5.49. I know it’s reviewed really well across all sorts of websites, but I’m asking for the opinion of the gamers I trust the most: youse dobbers. As someone who isn’t that arsed with Metroidvania games and as someone who likes games that get to the point quickly, how much do I need Hallow Knight?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:14

You don't.

I really don't think you'll enjoy it. It gets straight to the point and the story's light touch, but this is pure Metroidvania, and pure Metroidvania that delights in kicking you in the compound eyes. There's backtracking and exploration, is what I'm saying, and you're battling through bloody tricky bugs to do so. From what I know of your tastes, Cappa, I don't think that's your thing.

It is a good game, natch, so definitely get some other views.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 2:19

It's a tough one to say for yourself, Cappa. It's quite a long game to beat so you'd have to be properly invested in to see it to its completion. It doesn't stick around in getting to the point though - the first big area is great fun to explore and the game does a good job at keeping the pace going as you move from area to area. Unlocking new abilities and figuring out where to go next is great fun and exploring a creepy bug-covered cave system is much more unique than trawling through Dracula's Castle for the umpteenth time in Castlevania. It's the length that I'd be unsure about with yourself.

The difficulty's another factor, I suppose. It does take a bit of getting used to, which might be a stumbling block, but I will say that it's not super tricky once you get some extra abilities and the hang of how to fight in that game. Outside of the optional areas/bosses, the main game is tough, but fair.

At that price, I'd say it's probably worth a punt as I do think you'll likely stick with it long enough to get your money's worth at least. If you've played and enjoyed any of the Castlevania games in the style of Symphony of the Night then you'll probably like this. I will say that Bloodstained is right around the corner, so if you were fancying that instead there's likely no point in going for Hollow Knight quite just yet as they'll be too similar in style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 13:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’ve seen that Hallow Knight is on sale on the European eShop for £5.49. I know it’s reviewed really well across all sorts of websites, but I’m asking for the opinion of the gamers I trust the most: youse dobbers. As someone who isn’t that arsed with Metroidvania games and as someone who likes games that get to the point quickly, how much do I need Hallow Knight?

It's an incredible game but it sounds like you wouldn't like it
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 4:26

I finally figured out a convenient way to transfer money to my UK bank account, so I went on a bit of an e-shop splurge. I've got Dragon's Dogma, Firewatch and Downwell downloading as I sit in starbucks and type this. Gato Roboto, Katana Zero and Hellblade are next on the list, but I might wait until I finish what I've got before taking the plunge. Like a boring sensible person.

I'm normally very keen to recommend Hollow Knight to everyone, but you've more or less stated in that question why you won't like it Cappa. It is very much a Metroidvania, and pretty slow paced.

JayMoyles wrote:
I will say that Bloodstained is right around the corner, so if you were fancying that instead there's likely no point in going for Hollow Knight quite just yet as they'll be too similar in style.

Oh man, Bloodstained is gonna have to be a hell of a game to outdo Hollow Knight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 6:05

Drunka wrote:

I finally figured out a convenient way to transfer money to my UK bank account, so I went on a bit of an e-shop splurge. I've got Dragon's Dogma, Firewatch and Downwell downloading as I sit in starbucks and type this. Gato Roboto, Katana Zero and Hellblade are next on the list, but I might wait until I finish what I've got before taking the plunge. Like a boring sensible person.

Dragon's dogma is one I have on my watch list so you'll have to let me know how it is once you get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 8:34

The_Jaster wrote:

Dragon's dogma is one I have on my watch list so you'll have to let me know how it is once you get around to it.

As far as I understand it, it shares a lot of developer DNA with Monster Hunter so I'm pretty excited. I think this came out between 3 and 4 and basically introduced the mount mechanic which went on to be in Monhan.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:33

Bloodstained has a lot to do to be better than Curse of the Moon. I wonder when these will start to arrive though as it's out Tuesday on PS4/ONE and in a weeks time on Switch.

On MonHan likes Dauntless is coming to Switch, I've played a bit on Xbox One and I tried to get EofGiz etc on it but the launch had some issues that never really played it and after a day without anyone was a bit muh. The cool thing it's cross-save and play on all systems, so if you're all waiting for it to come Switch (some could play now on PS4) then let me know as I'd been to jump in.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:38

Balladeer wrote:
Cappa, I don't think that's your thing.

JayMoyles wrote:
It's a tough one to say for yourself, Cappa. It's the length that I'd be unsure about with yourself.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
it sounds like you wouldn't like it

Cheers guys. I'll give Hallow Knight a miss and get Astrology & Horoscopes Premimum instead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:41

Quote :
What my future? What about my boyfriend?

Reckon you're onto a winner there Cap.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:49

The company that publishes Astrology and Horoscopes Premium, Palm Reading Premium and Personality and Psychology Premium is called Crazysoft.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 22:19

Drunkalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

As far as I understand it, it shares a lot of developer DNA with Monster Hunter so I'm pretty excited. I think this came out between 3 and 4 and basically introduced the mount mechanic which went on to be in Monhan.

Yeah I saw Gaijinhunter say similar things on a video he done, I'll probably pick it up if I beat a good bit of my backlog or if a sale happens.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 22:47

The_Jaster wrote:
Drunka wrote:

Seconding this Drunka - it's one I fancied earlier in the year but I decided not to jump on it at full cost.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 11:48

Capcom is at it again as it seems Devil May Cry HD is £20 the same game which is part of a £17 Trilogy on PS4,
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2019 - 23:43

That game is not worth £20 in 2019. Laughing

I bought the Special Edition of DMC4 for that price! And it came with like five different playable characters and a much lengthier - and enjoyable - game than DMC1. Are Capcom's games selling well at Switch at that price? I don't understand the pricing structure otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 9:47

Didn't they say that the rehashed version of SFII sold really well? If they're getting money for old rope, makes sad sense that they'd continued selling it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 2:15

I can imagine their recent Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright releases sold well despite the price because they'd just be so nice to own on the system so they might as well charge £20 for this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 5:09

To be fair, the Phoenix Wright collection is a decent amount of content for the price!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 7:30

Phoenix Wright, Omami, Onimusha and I'd say even Dragon's Dogma all deemed decently priced or equal to elsewhere.

That's the odd thing why are some the same price and others more than triple.

@Balla SF2 was close to launch, which makes sense as do we all remember Knack is one of the best selling PS4 games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 8:04

masofdas wrote:
Phoenix Wright, Omami, Onimusha and I'd say even Dragon's Dogma all deemed decently priced or equal to elsewhere.

Is it because they have physical releases and the price includes dem carts?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 9:57

Hardly any of Capcoms games have carts at least in the west and you look at Onimusha and Devil May Cry, both simple HD ports of PS2 games, yet one is like £12 and the other £20.

Omami is what £16 with more done to it, yet Res Evil 4 is £30.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 12:11

Btw DMC is only 15 quid on the eShop not sure that makes much difference though. For me it isn't the bad pricing but that stuff like RE or DMC could & should be sold in bundles like they are on the other digital stores.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 15:31

I don't think you can even buy DMC1 separately on PS4, come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 19:30

This looks like a nice wee run 'n gun game, but it with it being from Joymasher (they done Odallus & Oniken) it's probably stupidly hard.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/contra_and_metal_slug-inspired_platformer_blazing_chrome_comes_to_switch_this_july
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next