We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 22:06

The_Jaster wrote:
I've got a good few in the Switch backlog as well, so what I've done is looked up the completion times of the games I have and plan them out so it's easier to manage.

So what I'm doing is this:

Start with a long game (10+ hours completion time)
Once that's done break that up with something shorter. (5 hours or less)
Then go back onto a longer game.

If you are ever stuck or fancy a break on either the long or short game play something that can't really be finished like a multiplayer only game.

That's a good shout! I think Ikaruga will be a "play for half an hour and then do something else" game. Haven't decided what my next game to tackle will be though...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 23:40

Aye, Ikaruga is a great shoot 'em up but it's just so damn hard even on the easy modes.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 11:25

Jimbob wrote:
I want to play a few more of these games soon - The Messenger, Hollow Knight etc. - hopefully I won't start another "Big game" between now and then. OH NO I'M NOW PLAYING DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS. Well it's super-duper charming, it is. I should probably play an actual Dragon Quest!

Hollow Knight is a longer game than Builders so you've not gone too wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 19:56

Argh, The Messenger. Another game I really want to give some time to... and to think I started this generation being bored of 2D platformers!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:43

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
I want to play a few more of these games soon - The Messenger, Hollow Knight etc. - hopefully I won't start another "Big game" between now and then. OH NO I'M NOW PLAYING DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS. Well it's super-duper charming, it is. I should probably play an actual Dragon Quest!

Oh blimey - that's kind of a relief! Also DQB is a bit more chilled, also.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 23:00

I've now hit what feels like a halfway point in The Messenger and it's just quality stuff, not going to spoil it but I was absolutely grinning in amazement at a key story point. Easily one of the top tier games on eShop.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 23:54

Aye, that's top of my list in regards to indie titles on Switch that I need to play. Looks right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 22:46

Gone back to Hollow Knight. Now I've bought out the first shop, beaten a boss and forged my way into Greenpath, it's beginning to take shape, and I think I'm going to love it. The beginning is a bit slow and unintuitive, though. I'll stick by that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 0:08

Considering its obvious ties to Dark Souls, both in plot and mechanics, I think the opening mirrors the start of DS as well. It dumps you in the starting area and lets you try and figure and out what to do next. I think it's great personally, but I can see why it'd be a hurdle for some to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 12:57

I found the start one of the less confusing areas... Hope you enjoy, Rum! It's something pretty darn special.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 19:08

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

My playtime of both says differently, regardless both are amazing games and deserve anyone's time.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 10:52

Treesmurf wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:

My playtime of both says differently, regardless both are amazing games and deserve anyone's time.

Seems like howlongtobeat agrees with you, which I didn't expect! I played 40 hours of hollow knight to get almost everything, whereas it seems like I raced through Builders more quickly than most
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 11:47

It probably helped that I spent a lot of my time of Builders just arsing about making things and I only managed 73% on Hollow Knight (for now).

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 2:05

Hopped back into Odyssey, found a couple more moons. I'm still committed to never looking anything up, but I'm making it a slow affair by trying to 100% it kingdom by kingdom.

I also played the first hour of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 19:13

...ah gee, I'm really nervous now! I really like XC2, and I'm really glad somebody's playing it who I think has a decent chance of liking it (sorry Cappa, Mas)... but it starts really slow, and its tutorials are rubbish, and its female character design is heavily variable. I really hope you give it a chance...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 15:08

Ive played the others so I can forgive the tutorials, lots of JRPGs have slow openings and feminist though I am, I love me some ass and tiddy.

Ive been poking at it. Im around 3 hours in and it just started to feel like Xenoblade.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 18:35

There isn't much higher praise than that!

I've just Switched (ha) games for what feels like the first time in ages, from Octopath to TWEWY. I am, however, planning to give a couple more games a go before I settle on my next one. I'm thinking of The Garden Beyond and The Messenger, but there are still Too Many Games on the Switch, meaning I'll probably not get to JS&B. Aww!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:04

Playing through Valkyria Chronicles 4 at the moment, and it is really good. It is basically fire emblem but more hands on and I really like it. It does boast a lot of cinematics for my taste but the gameplay is there so I'm happy. I just watched a trailer for messenger too and I think it's gone right to the top of my "playing next" list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:36

I should really get back to playing The Messenger now that I've played a good chunk of RDR2 *whispers* it could be the best Metroidvania on Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:38

I don't know whether you're whispering as you think that opinion might draw controversy or because you used the term Metroidvania.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:47

Probably both Laughing it's definitely one of my favourite games on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:48

It sounded pretty cool from what I heard on TCGS. Its on the agenda for sure!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 8:25

First thoughts are that it's trying a bit too hard to be self-aware, and could probably stow some of the 'look how bruised and battered the fourth wall is!' stuff. Also I think it's hankering back to olden-day platformers I never really played. If it wasn't Mario or an anthropomorphic animal in the lead role, I didn't play it.

Still, it's not bad so far. Keen to get into 16-bit mode though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 9:29

That's fair as I felt the same way at times as well with the fourth wall stuff but I soon started to find a certain charm to it, and I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it was just a straight up homage to stuff like Ninja Gaiden etc with a modern twist.

Also I'll be surprised if some of the later story points don't at least raise a smile.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 15:02

The_Jaster wrote:
homage to stuff like Ninja Gaiden etc with a modern twist.

That's what I thought it was
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next