We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020 - 10:23

SWH does have more game element's then most of the stuff I would lump it with for something like the decade chats we've had but it closer to the experience side of things.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:40

It'll be interesting to see how you end up with YLATIL Cappa - I've halted purchasing that in favour of New Super Lucky's Tale, and I must say I'm enjoying it very much indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 15:15

I've found myself dabbling with The Binding of Isaac again after watching someone speedrun it at AGDQ this year. I forgot how much I like this game - no other roguelike has really come close to capturing that sense of wonder that comes with unlocking new items and characters or the joy at getting an absolutely broken run going through some mental combination of items.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 11:09

It's a fantastic game - very few rougelikes are as instantly accessible but with such a depth of content and replayability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 16:19

It's a knack the developer seems to have. I've only played Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac to be fair, but both are incredibly addictive, simple yet deep, "just one more go," kind of games. The controls are pitch perfect too. Isaac's far deeper, natch, but I'd happily fire up both of them from time to time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 21:31

I think that simplicity and low barrier to entry is a big reason why I got into TBOI and have bounced off most other roguelikes. I feel the difficulty of the game is a big barrier for things like Crypt of the Necrodancer and that can put a lot of people off. Part of the fun of TBOI is that you can win with a relatively underpowered set of items - it's just dodging and shooting which is pretty simple to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 21:38

JayMoyles wrote:
I feel the difficulty of the game is a big barrier for things like Crypt of the Necrodancer and that can put a lot of people off.

I feel called out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 23:15

I was really bad at Crypt of the Necrodancer. Enjoyed it but it never quite grabbed me.

I've been working through that backlog by playing Transistor this evening (on the PC, but it's a switch game now too god damn it). Top class action game so far Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 19:12

I had The Lady, The Sister and The Sister's Boyfriend around the flat yesterday for cocktails and sausages.  We played Overcooked, MK8D, SSBU, and backset-gamed while The Sister beat 13F of Luigi 3; but the surprise winner was Rocket League.  Exhumed after years, it's perfect for a group of differing skill levels because it's not stressful and yet nobody knows what's going on most of the time.  It was an absolute delight.  (Especially when Balla's Babes beat Sister's Scorchers 4-3 having been 1-3 down. Dance )
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 20:53

Can't say I'm surprised, Rocket League is an absolute gem of a game and deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as the likes of Mario Kart and Smash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:08

Hurrah for Rocket League! And hurrah for New Super Lucky's Tale, which I'm enjoying very much indeed so far. It's just about funny, and anything I've been stumped on, I've kicked myself for being an idiot once solved. And he's a happy ol' fella.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:12

I think Rocket League is also incredibly easy to understand what the point of the game is - even something like Smash takes a wee bit of explanation, whereas 99% of people will understand that ball needs to go in goal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 22:13

Jimbob wrote:
Hurrah for Rocket League! And hurrah for New Super Lucky's Tale, which I'm enjoying very much indeed so far. It's just about funny, and anything I've been stumped on, I've kicked myself for being an idiot once solved. And he's a happy ol' fella.

Woop someone's playing Lucky
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 23:04

Rocket League is a different experience when you play with people who are actually good, though. Then it can be very frustrating as the noob.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 19:33

To be fair, I can imagine it isn't much fun if you get hit with double-digit losses every time. Fortunately none of us were good enough for that - although The Lady was getting close towards the end.

NSLT is a game I want to play that I will probably never play. Having finished AHiT, next on the list is either Link's Awakening or a massive JRPG of some sort.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 20:56

Buskalilly wrote:
Rocket League is a different experience when you play with people who are actually good, though. Then it can be very frustrating as the noob.

Aye, to be fair, my experiences online against people obviously far better at the game than me weren't exactly the most fun times. I quite enjoyed the Mayhem mode with all the power-ups - I found it did the job of levelling the playing field, somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 0:57

I grabbed Blasphemous while it was on sale. Looking to bash through that and Akane, maybe while peppering in the other Shovel Knight campaigns finally.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 20:10

Balladeer wrote:
NSLT is a game I want to play that I will probably never play.  Having finished AHiT, next on the list is either Link's Awakening or a massive JRPG of some sort.

To be fair it's not a very demanding game although not sure how it would fare playing it after AHiT.

To give the benefit of the doubt to Rocket League (because I'll always do that no matter what) I think a lot of people who played on Switch weren't first timers so the matchmaking was a little off but it seems to be a bit better these days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 19:07

Also I've never played online and have always played it with a like-minded bunch of idiots who don't know what we're doing.

Anyway, after trying out Digimon Cyber Sleuth I've reverted to Link's Awakening, but - oh no! - Tokyo Mirage Sessions has just arrived! The backlog grows...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 14:56

I'm back as my Switch Lite has come, and got to say it's a really nice handheld which does remind me of my slim VITA's as it's that same matte finish and build quality.

The screen seems small even though looking compared to my other handhelds it really isn't, just the bezel is is the size of my thumb which makes it seem smaller.

I do have to say getting everything back was easy and redownload a few things like Ori and Pokémon which due to that not having cloud saves I'd have to start from scratch (will hold off to the expansions) maybe use my lvl 100 Eevee as setup home.

The dashboard/os is super boring, till I did download something just plain white, no music and same with the eShop.

I did get a new game as went through to see if anything had come out after Pokemon worth getting, which I found Super Crush KO and not a lot else, along with being disappointed not to find Puzzle & Dragons out in Europe.

On Super Crush KO which is the Switch game I'm playing, only done the first two levels and I like the artstyle but I think Cappa review elsewhere is right about it.

Just I wanted something to play on the Switch between now (I am looking at TMS) and Animal Crossing along with having £4 in gold.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 16:20

lol
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 17:11

Buskalilly wrote:
lol

Not sure what's so funny just giving a opinion on the Switch Lite and more importantly the OS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 18:44

mas wrote:
The dashboard/os is super boring, till I did download something just plain white, no music and same with the eShop.

Eh? I don't get why you expected it to be different.

----

My nephew got a lite for Christmas and I got to have a little go as I helped him with a room in Luigi's mansion 3 & I thought it was nice little device. (got a bit of a shock how small it actually is though)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 19:10

I didn't but after you've not using a Switch for about 4 months and setting up as a new system with nothing on, it just stands out so much especially been using 3DS and WiiU.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 23:10

masofdas wrote:
Not sure what's so funny just giving a opinion on the Switch Lite and more importantly the OS

Is this a joke?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next