We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 8:10

This weekend, myself and 8 folks from work went to a field and played some football (we have to share an office all week, so why bother staying away from eachother at the weekend?)

Afterwards, most of us went to Matty's place and played some Switch.

First, we played a few rounds of Mario Kart 8. 4 players between seven people means winner stays on. I raced 16 races undefeated, even showboating ocassionally and finishing in reverse. I'm not really able to enjoy that game with normies any more . . .

Next up was Smash Bros Ultimate. Seven players, absolute carnage. Everybody got in a decent number of wins. The first round I won was also the first round I played as Peach, which felt pretty good Smile
I also won as Ike, Jigglypuff (felt proud of that one), and weirdly King Dedede.

Man, playing Nintendo games is fun! Now I remember why I moved to Japan, I hoped this would happen!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 21:52

Living the dream!  You've broken MK8 for yourself though, it's at its most fun in multiplayer and here you are.  Look on his works ye mighty etc.

I'm not really playing anything bar my daily round of Crossing at the moment.  In a relatively slow period for the Switch, the list of games I want to get my hands on is only increasing.  I haven't even looked at The Witness yet and I really really want to give that a go... Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 6:10

I can't remember, is the witness on Switch? That's one I want to try eventually.

Balladeer wrote:
it's at its most fun in multiplayer and here you are.

Nah, I've transcended that. Time Trials are where it's at.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Fri 29 May 2020 - 8:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyWed 27 May 2020 - 12:23

I did a few 200cc time trials over the past few weeks. Saving Moo Moo for last of course, but doing them has given me a new appreciation for the tracks I've done - particularly the Waterpark one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 May 2020 - 22:26

Buskalilly wrote:
I can't remember, is the witness on Switch? That's why I want to try eventually.

It's not yet. It's a shame, since it sounds Baba-esque and like it'd be a very good fit.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 8:17

After hitting a bit of a wall on Jet Lancer I've returned to doing to some of the guild G rank quests solo on MHGU then this morning I decided it's high time I finish off Cuphead and I already defeated the clown boss I was struggling with before. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2020 - 20:17

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
I can't remember, is the witness on Switch? That's why I want to try eventually.

It's not yet.  It's a shame, since it sounds Baba-esque and like it'd be a very good fit.

I wouldn't say it reminds me of Baba Is You at all. It's a puzzler which doesn't make its solutions obvious, but that's about as far as the comparisons go, I'd say.

The_Jaster wrote:
After hitting a bit of a wall on Jet Lancer I've returned to doing to some of the guild G rank quests solo on MHGU then this morning I decided it's high time I finish off Cuphead and I already defeated the clown boss I was struggling with before. Thumbs Up!

G-Rank Guild Solo?! Jesus, that must be brutal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 11:44

10 hours into Xenoblade and I had some thoughts...

The gameplay loop and real-time RPG elements are all clicking into place really well. Died a couple of times where I have brazenly romped into battle or misjudged the whole "first you Break, then you Topple" for certain bosses, but overall it's been fun. The world itself is vast and has just enough enemies in it so not as to feel empty, but it definitely shows its PS2/Wii era graphics. Not necessarily from a fidelity point - although it feels like the characters and cut-scenes were spruced up more than the world itself - but the movement, animations and level design all feels like it's 10 years old, or even older. That's not a knock, but definitely worth considering and why it's more of a remaster than a remake.

I'm enjoying it so far, and it's all slowly coming back to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 13:10

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

It's not yet.  It's a shame, since it sounds Baba-esque and like it'd be a very good fit.

I wouldn't say it reminds me of Baba Is You at all. It's a puzzler which doesn't make its solutions obvious, but that's about as far as the comparisons go, I'd say.

The_Jaster wrote:

G-Rank Guild Solo?! Jesus, that must be brutal!

I've done the G1/G2 key quests and it's not been too bad with the good hunts taking about 10 to 15 minutes and the bad ones going over the 20 mark, doing the Lao-shan lung urgent solo to get into G3 was a bit of slog though as it's just a DPS check then getting the timing right on the binder/dragonator shots in the final phase so I can repel him.
I got him on my 4th go though which if I count by quest time took me about 2 hours Laughing I am expecting a bigger wall in G3 with my key quests being stuff like the fated four, Barioth and Gravios so I'm now just fighting some of the early hyper monsters (not easy itself) so I can upgrade my amour as much as possible.

It's been great fun being back on an older MH game as well and getting used to all the little quirks it has.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 19:53

gjones wrote:
10 hours into Xenoblade and I had some thoughts...

That graphics thing is a reason why I'm uneasy about going back to it - that it'll still show its age despite the makeover. Glad you're enjoying it though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 20:52

Jumping about the sub-conversations a bit, I'd say that the Witness is several times more rewarding than Baba Is You.
As for its spiritual predecessor: I keep getting concerned mutterings from friends that have already played Myst, implying that the puzzles are too obscure. I dunno about that - I've already done one of the worlds completely - piece of piss mate.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 21:48

Gone back to Axiom Verge, a title I played a bit of on the Wii U, and then bought again on Switch, because it seems like the kind of game I would normally love. It's good but I'm finding that it doesn't always realise the difference between 'exploring a sprawling alien world' and 'wandering around aimlessly until you see something that you can get past now'. It doesn't really give you any direction and the areas aren't very distinct, so it's not a Metroid contender for me. But as I say, still good. Looking forward to hearing a bit more about the sequel that's been promised for later this year.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 22:31

I've been doing a good job at starting on some games in the backlog the last few weeks and the most recent one is Splasher, something Yer Man Scullion recommended way back and it's really good. I've since noticed it's gone on sale today for £3.59 which is say is a steal, it's well paced 2D platforming, it hasn't been especially difficult so far and I'd say I'm about 2 thirds of the way through but there's a time attack mode which I could see adding even more value to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 22:39

I had my eye on Splasher ages ago! That's good to hear that it gets your recommendation, think I'll download it too  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2020 - 21:22

I bought GRIS and Murder by Numbers the other day in the big ol' eShop sale. First impressions: GRIS is ok - it's pretty, but I don't find it engaging enough to get over the fact that the gameplay isn't very interesting (sorry mas). Murder by Numbers is more fun - it's enjoyably stupid and I can forgive the heavy-handed exposition because it reads as if it's deliberately written that way, and a ridiculous murder mystery punctuated by Picross puzzles is an addictive combo.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 6:21

Thank you, Rum, I was starting to feel like the only person on Earth who didn't rate GRIS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 20:16

I do however rate MbN and am delighted to see somebody else on here playing and enjoying it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 20:53

I played and enjoyed it long before u m8
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 20:57

Alright alright! Bloody Picross/murder mystery hipster.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 14:14

The problem is that Andy never posts, so we don't know his thoughts on games. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 15:04

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I played and enjoyed it long before u m8

Well aren't YOU the queen of France
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 16:24

In that he should be decapitated? I'm on board with that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 18:23

Decapitation for wrong opinions? Sounds fair. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 17:14

As it is written, so it shall be done. Sorry Andy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:20

THE PRESIDENT HAS SPOKEN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next