We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySat 15 Feb 2020 - 23:35

Sorry but am I missing something, or can I not share what I think and my reply to Jas alao clears up the stuff with the OS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 0:03

My "lol" was just at you buying the second Switch. I genuinely thought that would have been obvious. I dont disagree about the menu thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 0:08

Ahh okay, I did mention elsewhere I was looking at picking up a Switch again and why I went for the Lite over the OG especially with the massive price difference.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 0:17

masofdas wrote:
I didn't but after you've not using a Switch for about 4 months and setting up as a new system with nothing on, it just stands out so much especially been using 3DS and WiiU.

I really like how simple and more importantly how quick Switch's menus are, without them adding obvious stuff like folders or more themes I'm not sure how much better it could be.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 6:30

I am currently playing Pokemon home..

I REALLY think I may have a problem (well until Persona scramble on thursday)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 9:04

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I didn't but after you've not using a Switch for about 4 months and setting up as a new system with nothing on, it just stands out so much especially been using 3DS and WiiU.

I really like how simple and more importantly how quick Switch's menus are, without them adding obvious stuff like folders or more themes I'm not sure how much better it could be.

All it needs is themes and maybe some music, like the 3DS isn't much different as can have the tiles just as big but I get Skyward Sword background and some nice music, makes it seem more alive.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 14:38

Who knows maybe they tested it and just affected performance way too much.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 21:52

shanks wrote:

Pokémon Home has helped me go back to the 3DS games as well as Let's Go, I'm a little annoyed that they didn't offer anything free for those that already had a Bank subscription and the sheer scope of how many Pokémon I have to organise has made me feel a little anxious so I'm working through it in small chunks.

In terms of actual games I'm playing Eqqo which released on the eShop a week ago after winning a free code for it, I like it, wasn't initially too keen but after reaching the 2nd chapter I got used to how it played and it went from feeling like a clunky walking sim to a fairly unique puzzle game.

You play as a mother who for some magical reason is able to see her long lost son as he makes his way on a journey (back to you I think). The son is blind so you basically have to guide him where to go whilst also interacting with the environment to help him through.  It's much better to play with the touch screen in handheld than on the TV (one for Mas with his new Lite), I also felt it was well suited to being a VR game which is clearly true as I looked it up and it was originally released on the Oculus Rift.

Anyway good game, kinda wish I paid for it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 23:18

Im waiting to buy Home until I have a finished save on every gen.

Currently, Im playing Hotline Miami. Its really good but it does feel kind of awkward with a joypad and sticks. This is very clearly a mouse and keyboard game first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 3:44

I'm clearing out most of my 3ds games now, bar a few good ones for just in case I need to run around the regions and get some or evolve some, like the middle evolution of nearly every starter, so far have managed to complete the Kanto dex, nearly done Galar, the other regions may be a bit iffy.
But I want to get it all done to get the Pokeball Magerna
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 10:13

I played Hotline Miami on Vita and didn't have any problems with the controls.

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I really really want folders already though
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 10:40

I'll check out Eqqo as it might be on PSVR.

Couldn't imagine playing Hotline on nothing but a controller because of using the stick to aim to shoot. Also joypad what you playing on a 2600???
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 10:50

Stick controls are gonna be fine for completing the game, but I dont think im gonna be getting top scores without a mouse or pointer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 14:30

OrangeRakoon wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I really really want folders already though

It would be nice but I'm content with the all software tab for now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 18:48

I'm firmly on the 'SCREW THE PERFORMANCE (but not too hard)' side of things.  I'd take a fair amount of slowdown to have the whole thing feeling less sterile.

Failing that just give me tunes thank you very much.

shanks wrote:

If you're still having fun and it isn't getting in the way of other things then it's not a problem. Smile If you're not having fun then it might be worth trying to break that completionist urge.

Different topic: The Lady and I have started playing Cat Quest 2.  In October I called it 'my most anticipated 6/10 game ever', and so far that's bang on.  The story's average and the combat's basic and I'd have dinghied it long ago if playing on my own; but with The Lady it's been a rather charming experience, nice and relaxing compared to the stress caused by the Overcooked 2 DLC.  It even has a bit of challenge, mostly arising from us getting in each other's way.  Plus, it's bursting with puns, which I think I've made The Lady allergic to through overexposure.  

I'm the dog, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2020 - 1:35

I'm mostly shiny hunting at the moment and making a decent comp team which is taking up most of my time, do have the odd bouts of smash or Kart. plus tomorrow I'm going to play Persona scramble
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2020 - 19:47

Guys: Ori and the Blind Forest. When does it open up? When does it feel good? Is there a point I should be looking for? At this stage I don't mind being spoiled: I'm only still playing it because GRcade and Matthew Castle have insisted that it gets good later. But the art design's so dark and gloomy, and Ori himself is floaty and not great-feeling to control. Give me a point to aim for.

Also, who here's played Digimon Cyber Sleuth? OR has: Kriken, this feels like your sort of game. I'm really enjoying it, albeit it's noticeable how much worse designed the Digimon are than their Game Freak-created rivals (my 'starter' is now 'dog with gun' Rolling Eyes ); but it feels like the Digi-Farm levels up the Digimon really fast and might break the game. Am I wrong?

My current 'games on the go' list (ignoring co-op only titles) includes three JRPGs and Ori. I'm thinking of adding another game to the mix to avoid JRPG fatigue. I have the patched Bloodstained, but Monster Boy is 50% again on the eShop... Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2020 - 19:55

Found Ori to be great from the get go but the art won't really change till your heal stuff in the world.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 10:32

Balladeer wrote:
Guys: Ori and the Blind Forest. When does it open up? When does it feel good? Is there a point I should be looking for? At this stage I don't mind being spoiled: I'm only still playing it because GRcade and Matthew Castle have insisted that it gets good later. But the art design's so dark and gloomy, and Ori himself is floaty and not great-feeling to control. Give me a point to aim for.

Also, who here's played Digimon Cyber Sleuth? OR has: Kriken, this feels like your sort of game. I'm really enjoying it, albeit it's noticeable how much worse designed the Digimon are than their Game Freak-created rivals (my 'starter' is now 'dog with gun' Rolling Eyes ); but it feels like the Digi-Farm levels up the Digimon really fast and might break the game. Am I wrong?

My current 'games on the go' list (ignoring co-op only titles) includes three JRPGs and Ori. I'm thinking of adding another game to the mix to avoid JRPG fatigue. I have the patched Bloodstained, but Monster Boy is 50% again on the eShop... Eh?

The digifarm gets very effective, but the game has some pretty spikey bosses. I wouldn't worry about it becoming trivial in the same way pokemon does. (I never finished Cyber Sleuth actually, but the point I gave up was where I reached a boss I couldn't beat because I refused to drop the difficulty from the very unfairly balanced hard mode!)

I think the farm is really good for taking out the grinding - the web of branching evolution routes would be vicious otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 19:57

Ah - I just increased the difficulty to Hard because my lv. 33 Ikkakumon was steamrollering everything. Am I going to regret that later?

masofdas wrote:
Found Ori to be great from the get go but the art won't really change till your heal stuff in the world.

Very Okami. Suspect All right, I'll give it some more time - but I'm bringing both Bloodstained and Monster Boy on holiday as well because I didn't already have enough of a backlog. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 21:49

If you enjoy Bloodstained and not Ori I will legit be confused. Ori felt wonderful from start to end for me whereas Bloodstained felt like a slog with too many pointless mechanics that ended up being chucked right off my list of games to care about.

Monster Boy is a banger though.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 10:28

Balladeer wrote:
Ah - I just increased the difficulty to Hard because my lv. 33 Ikkakumon was steamrollering everything. Am I going to regret that later?

Almost certainly. But up until that point you will probably enjoy things more - so just don't be afraid to drop the difficulty back to normal when you hit a spike!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 10:44

Like the opposing Digimon have been doing with my Ikkakumon. 😁

Crumpy Andy wrote:
If you enjoy Bloodstained and not Ori I will legit be confused. Ori felt wonderful from start to end for me whereas Bloodstained felt like a slog with too many pointless mechanics that ended up being chucked right off my list of games to care about.

Monster Boy is a banger though.

I think I’ll struggle to get back into Bloodstained to tell the truth. I’m still sore about the game crashing on me in the middle of a loooooooong segment between save points, and although it’s been patched there’ll be a niggling fear that it’ll happen again for a good while. At the start, though, I really got on with it. Whereas Ori bombarded me from the get-go with dubiously effective sentimentality and purple branch after purple branch, along with floaty jumps and an attack that felt powderpuff, Bloodstained gave me a ghost ship and Miriam felt reassuringly solid to handle. Plus, as a devotee of games such as XC2, multiple systems don’t usually put me off too much!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 11:30

I'm also confused as the Switch version of Bloodstained look dull and grey, might be different post-patch where Ori is beautiful from the get-go and your Balla who dislikes dull-looking games even when they're not eg a realistic racer and likes colourful games.

That's just on art-styles let alone gameplay and I'm saying this with SOTN being my favourite and the best Metroidvania made, that I should love Bloodstained and I played a bit on Xbox One and it's alright.

Ohh I'm not playing anything really yet part from a bit of Super Crush but I just did buy Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore over picking up Fire Emblem Three Houses again mainly because even though FETH is cheaper I would want the DLC then makes it more expensive and I've played it where I haven't really TMS.

It's going to be like playing Persona 4 Golden on the VITA.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 EmptySat 29 Feb 2020 - 8:20

It was more how pointless half of Bloodstained felt. If they binned off all the RPG mechanics it’d be a solid game, but when progress gets blocked by a random power drop it really creates quite a tedious experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next