We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:16

I'm genuinely excited by the story mode this time around, it sounds and look like it's going to have so much content, and I'm really looking forward to finding out what the great zapfish Smash interpretation looks like. As far as piranha plant goes, I know already that it will be my main go to fighter and I'm just genuinely excited for this game and I want it now.
I get that there's people who won't be happy until we get a full on waluigi simulator but until then I'm just happy to have the option to play as an angry plant.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:17

I did wonder what the "joke" character was going to be as Sakurai always likes to chuck in something from out of left field, like Wii Fit Trainer or R.O.B.. Brilliant stuff from the Smash team once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:18

NintenDUCK wrote:
I get that there's people who won't be happy until we get a full on waluigi simulator but until then I'm just happy to have the option to play as an angry plant.

Then they'll probably be angry that he's not running a taco stand. I'm definitely satisfied with Planty McPlantface there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:12

Forgot to say that the adventure mode does look great and Kirby is the best choice of character to start it out with.  

GO KIRBY GO!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 Aa95d1b12d7d9b24dcc3df7016a5a2c1-smash-bros-ultimate-murdered-everyone-except-kirby-and-hes-pissed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 23:40

Had to happen really, especially considering he's Sakurai's favourite.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 11:13

I think my roster of fighters has changed/ grown.

Incineroar may be my new Pokemon character and the Piranha plant may share my troll slot with Peach
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 11:51

Surprise surprise, I thought the direct was actually incredibly disappointing.

Trophies dead. I understand the move, but given how satisfying and brilliant they were and what a staple of the series they used to be I cannot agree with the move. Collecting as many of them as I could kept me hooked on the games long past what would have been their use-by dates, and collecting a veritable museum of Nintendo characters was a massive appeal of the series.

Online is trash. You know why literally every online game ever has fixed rules and has a variety of modes instead of allowing custom rulesets? Because, here's a shocker of a concept, everyone is going to have different bloody rules making the matchmaking system far more complicated than it needs to be. I mean what the hell was the problem with having a casual mode and a For Glory mode and simply adding the Smash power thingy? What was the issue with that?

And so now, instead of having a way of getting exactly what you want, you'll instead have a fair chance of being lumped with dumb rulesets when the game can't match you with someone (which, lets be real here, is going to be fairly often for people outside the America's and Japan/Asia).

Single-player modes in general have been absolutely gutted. All-Star mode is now a glorified 100-man Smash, Target Smash and Home-Run seem to be outright cut, Platforms are yet again ignored, and no word on Classic leaves me very worried it's gone too. Yeah, the new adventure mode looks alright, but like the Spirits one has to take into account what's been gutted for its existence.

It's not all bad of course. All the final character announcements are spot on quality, and it's good to see them take connection quality seriously (I'll wait until I celebrate though, without good netcode that's a redundant change). But safe to say the game has very much gone from a D1P (or at least a "purchase-with-a-Switch" title) firmly into the wait-and-watch category.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 8:39

Surprise surprise. Razz

Classic I'm fairly sure was brought up in the previous Direct.  All-Star has been an irritating side-show for classic for a while now, I'm glad they've tried to shake it up.  Home-Run and Targets weren't actually much fun after the third or so character (not since every character lost their individual Targets stage back in Brawl), and nor was the Angry Birds kinda thing that 4 introduced.  They were just things to plug through to complete the board.

Platforms is never going to happen again.  After what they did to Targets, that's probably a good thing.

Yes the online matchmaking looks... worrying, but the one-player is definitely looking up.  Not saying it's a SSE-beater, with worrying claims that the Japanese Direct was much more explicit about the lack of other story scenes, but it's already worlds better than anything 4 had to show.  Or Mêlée for that matter.

If there's one thing for me to complain about, it remains the lack of new content.  Four new stages and (ignoring the Echoes like a decent person) six new characters at launch is not a big scale-up, and no the returning oldies don't make up for that.  DLC will, however.  I'm really quite happy with how things are turning out!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 13:08

I was always gonna buy it and yeah, it looks alright. My girlfriend and her two best friends are super into Smash, so thats done more to boost my excitement level than any direct ever could. Smash is a couch multiplayer classic, and knowing Ill have some opportunities to play it has me psyched.

What the latest trailer really did was make me want to play a Kirby game . . . luckily I have one available on 3DS from the ambassador programme so I got that downloaded at 7/11 just now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 15:12

I watched it this morning as someone that had no plans to but SMASH and now I'm more excited to see what World of Light turns out to be like but I'm not going to get SMASH just for that, meaning I'm going to be waiting a long time for a price drop.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:09

Sorted! That spirits mode looks like a great replacement for the event matches. And I'm definitely not worried about trophies going - these spirit sticker things look like more active replacements.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:14

Balladeer wrote:

If there's one thing for me to complain about, it remains the lack of new content.

Eh? Spirits Mode looks like a substantial addition to the game. I don't get this one at all. Confused

As for Classic Mode, it's definitely still in the game - there's supposedly a big piece of artwork similar to the banner they've shown off during the Directs that you fill out as you clear Classic Mode with each character. As for cutscenes in Spirits Mode, some eagle eyed fans spotted a section in the Vault bit of the menu for "Spirits cutscenes etc." or something to that effect, so I reckon we'll get a fair few to tide us over as part of that mode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:18

Should've specified that I mean in the multiplayer. Spirits Mode (by which I mostly mean World of Light, I'll be honest) looks chuffing fantastic, and I'm looking forward to giving it a bash; but I still reckon I'll spend more time fighting three/seven CPUs in local multiplayer, where stage and character variety (and novelty) are king.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:20

I'm of the mindset that returning stages like Fountain of Dreams are going to feel pretty new with the lick of paint they've been given and their absence from the series for some time, and also getting turn off stage hazards/transformations means I'll actually bother with some of the more annoying stages now in the future.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 8:05

I havent properly played a Smash to death apart from Brawl so I really cant imagine myself finding a lack of content here.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 13:35

Balla wrote:

Should've specified that I mean in the multiplayer. Spirits Mode (by which I mostly mean World of Light, I'll be honest) looks chuffing fantastic, and I'm looking forward to giving it a bash; but I still reckon I'll spend more time fighting three/seven CPUs in local multiplayer, where stage and character variety (and novelty) are king.

And you still have that? There's only so much a fighting game can add for a solo player (this is how I tend to play mostly as well btw) and this Smash Bros goes above and beyond other games in this genre.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 14:07

I don't know look at SCVI it has two single player campaigns plus story arcade like mode for each character, lots has and can be done for a fighter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 17:08

I meant to put more than most but not all, as the real meat of any fighting game (whether you prefer it or not) is playing it against other people either locally or online.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 19:31

masofdas wrote:
I don't know look at SCVI it has two single player campaigns plus story arcade like mode for each character, lots has and can be done for a fighter.

SCVI is the outlier - it's a series that's always been focused on its single player offerings from as far back as SCII.

Smash is all about its multiplayer and that's where the meat of the experience lies. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 19:38

The_Jaster wrote:
And you still have that? There's only so much a fighting game can add for a solo player (this is how I tend to play mostly as well btw) and this Smash Bros goes above and beyond other games in this genre.    

I think we may be talking at cross-purposes a bit, because I absolutely agree that there's a bunch there for single-player!  Classic + WoL is all I really need.  But for multiplayer, and especially for playing the multiplayer mode on my own (if you catch my drift), I'd like some more all-new characters and stages ideally.  Some will feel new because they've been reinvented (looking forward to trying out Link), but all I'm saying is that the myriad of returners, for me, doesn't make up for the lack of new fighters.  Stages, same but more so.  

The DLC will, however, and I can't wait to get my teeth into Piranha Plant next year.  Pun very much intended.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 20:07

Ahh I see what ye mean now, also isn't Piranha plant out not long after launch and the 5 fighter/stage dlc later next year?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 20:11

Yeah, your boy Piranha Plant is expect within a couple months from launch with the rest of the DLC launching across the next year or so.

Who's going to be in your Squad Strike (the 5 characters vs 5 characters mode?) team then folks? Use this site if you want to try and build your team.

Here's my crew. My two favourites from past Smash games with the three newcomers that look like they'll be the most fun to play.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 K7jzikY
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 20:41

Piranha Plant, Isabelle, K. Rool, Inkling, and Ridders. The newbies who aren't third-party and aren't in undeservingly over better owls - I mean Pokémon.

That was easy!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 22:13

Here's mine

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 DrRX_p3XcAA4277

Also with Piranha not coming until a bit later I'd probably throw either Inkling or K. Rool in there.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 EmptyTue 6 Nov 2018 - 2:01

Snake, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Pac Man and Sonic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 11 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next