We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:13

masofdas wrote:
I can see Cappa's going from DAMN YOU! due to anime swordsman to Love with those two new characters

Didn't mind anime swordsman! Thought it started shite (because I thought was just another upcoming Fire Emblem character from a new game), but once I saw that blue blob thing, I knew it was Dragon Quest. I know that's really popular in other parts of the world. Happy enough for the folk into Dragon Quest.

Banjo-Kazooie though, jings, delighted with that. Should be brilliant fun to play as, and hopefully we'll get some more music too.

I seen this on Twitter. Usually, reaction videos are a bit try-hard, but this reaction from Nintendo New York is just mental. So many folk are so, so, happy: https://twitter.com/i/status/1138487952840024064
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:23

They're all recording a screen, it needs to stop, just enjoy the damm show.

Neither of these characters are surprising based on all the rumours I've seen over the last year but both good additions, the second obviously is bumped up to great. I've still not got the Fighters Pass because money but I'll get there soon I think, if Banjo-Kazooie was due soon I'd be making it a priority.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:28

Aye delighted with them adding Banjo & Kazooie, they look fun to use as well. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:18

I was a wee bit disappointed when I thought it was just the one fella from DQ11 turning up, but the different costume/character variants and some mental looking magic system has me a lot more interested in them. I'm not familiar with any of the characters, but that must have been a huge deal for DQ fans and for the Japanese Smash fanbase.

Banjo though... wow. Didn't think they'd really do it! I did think we'd get a character connected to Microsoft considering the buddy buddy relationship Nintendo and Xbox currently have with each other, but to get the bird and bear was ace. They look fun, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I seen this on Twitter. Usually, reaction videos are a bit try-hard, but this reaction from Nintendo New York is just mental. So many folk are so, so, happy: https://twitter.com/i/status/1138487952840024064

On one hand, I fear this might be a clip that we have to explain to "the News" one day soon.
On the other, more important hand, I will admit that I did a little cheer all by myself when I saw that golden jigsaw piece bounce across the screen! Given that I also got excited about Mega Man last time round and now can't tell you what his special moves are off-hand, I'm a bit apprehensive, but, basically, this is absolutely wonderful.

Thinking about the stage builder again - I downloaded someone's re-creation of Spiral Mountain. I WON'T BE NEEDING THAT ANYMORE
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2019 - 11:54

I might not play SMASH but I do like to see whos been added to the game. With the news, we're getting more than the 5 characters from the fighter pass, people have spoken on who they want in the game.

This is based on tweets to Nintendo after the direct
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 69954213_10157828624038901_1278991941639340032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQnLRGPR3PuODim8z4gpB4N8nXqxrhCmruvDglz9lmRqF80wfJnZESYU0ReV37gNWjw&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1

Now I've not seen the tweets but I wouldn't be surprised Steve and Doom Guy (never heard him be called slayer) are in two Top 10's because those two were rumoured and we got Terry instead.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2019 - 19:56

There's only about 3 which I'd be really excited for in those lists, which are:

Doom guy
Dante
Monster Hunter

Others that would be a good fit but I just have no attachment to would be:

Sora - Never played Kingdom hearts series but you could definitely get an good move set out this character from the trailers I've seen.

Sephiroth - Having the chance to do Cloud vs Sephiroth matches would be a big deal to a lot of folk.

Shantae - she's seemed pretty synonymous with Nintendo for years now.

Waluigi - just to shut some people up.

Rayman - same as Shantae

All the others I wouldn't care if they didn't make it.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 10 Sep 2019 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 12:43

Not sure who Lloyd is, unless it's Loyd Grossman?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 15:26

Those lists are despair-worthy. Agumon? Waluigi? Bandana Waddle Dee!? Ferchrissake.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 23:34

Lloyd I find a bit of a weird one. I loved Tales of Symphonia but I hadn't realised he was so much bigger than the protagonists of the other Tales games. And he was - like most of them - kind of a dick anyway.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 23:37

I live what they've done with the DLC so far adding loads of unusual picks but most of those just sound rubbish, I think I'm leaning back to keeping it Nintendo with the future DLC or at least one that made their name on a Nintendo system like Banjo.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 14:13

I also heard Tales of Symphonia get praised way more than the other games but Lloyd getting first is still a bit of a surprise to me.

Pleasantly surprised by the Agumon pick. I'd be down for it.

I'd love Dante and 2B as characters. Arle or another Puyo character too.

If anything kind of makes me despair it's the Minecraft Steve popularity. He's ugly and has no personality. I guess there's quite a bit of potential in his moveset though. The uproar from a move that could destroy stage tiles would be pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 20:01

That block idea has actually made me really want Steve in Smash now even if the character itself is a bit dull. I do wonder who the last addition will be to the current pass as I can see it being a big one, maybe they'll finally give Waluigi his moment.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 22:50

Kriken wrote:

If anything kind of makes me despair it's the Minecraft Steve popularity. He's ugly and has no personality. I guess there's quite a bit of potential in his moveset though. The uproar from a move that could destroy stage tiles would be pretty funny.

I read a great idea about making him a Mii Swordsman costume like they did with Sans and the Mii Gunner. I'd be up for that. Chuck in a music remix to highlight it as a special costume too like they did with Sans.

As for that list of characters, here are the ones I'd be down for and how I'd personally like to see them represented in Smash:

Dante - His four different styles would be perfect for special attacks. Honestly, most "spectacle action" (or whatever you want to call that sub-genre) protagonists would be perfect fits for Smash thanks to having whopping big arsenals of weapons.

Monster Hunter - I actually think this will end up being DLC 5. The Rathalos boss fight and MonHan area in World of Light is too big a sign. Naturally, I'd love to see the Hunter use different weapons for their different normal attacks.

Byleth - If you'd asked me before FE:TH if I'd want to see another Fire Emblem rep I'd have said absolutely not. Now though... I mean, it would boil a lot of piss but I'd like to see it. That big chain sword would make for an interesting fighter - sort of a cross between the Belmonts and Marth.

Master Chief - Speaking of boiling piss... Man, I'd love to see the Chief in Smash. Basic hand-to-hand combat, the Energy Sword, grenades, the Spartan Laser... yes please. The Needler would be a neat idea for Smash - hit them enough with the move and then they'd explode. Yes please!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:03

Treesmurf wrote:
That block idea has actually made me really want Steve in Smash now even if the character itself is a bit dull. I do wonder who the last addition will be to the current pass as I can see it being a big one, maybe they'll finally give Waluigi his moment.

Well the first 5 were announced as not being Nintendo characters by Reggie.

I still think it's a Level-5 or Koei character seeing we've had Atlus, Square, Rare/MS, SNK those two the big two missing especially as seems to be more Japanese company focused the guest characters.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 9:57

JayMoyles wrote:
...Sans.

Admission: despite my loathing of third-party characters in general, I turned Smash on for the first time in ages just to download the Sans costume and get Megalovania. Embarrassed

Real shame that it plays on the same courses as every other non-major franchise tune though. It would have been a great fit for FD.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 20:22

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
...Sans.

Admission: despite my loathing of third-party characters in general, I turned Smash on for the first time in ages just to download the Sans costume and get Megalovania. Embarrassed

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 FRAUD-300x280

Agreed on MEGALOVANIA though. I've seen people using it on the Ice Climbers stage but in its Omega form - quite fitting, gives off Snowdin vibes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 11:50

YOUR IMAGE IS THE FRAUD (it doesn't work for me).

I set it to play on Electroplankton after The Lady pointed out that I could pretend the flowers were Flowey.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptySun 15 Sep 2019 - 7:48

Does anybody want a few games of Smash tonight? I'll be online and set up a room at 10pm.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptySun 15 Sep 2019 - 13:16

I'm down for Smash tonight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 1:05

Ach, I missed that - sorry Cappa and others! I'm usually always down for a few games too.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 21:09

I'd be up for some games next time you're on too, I haven't played this anywhere near enough online and I've now got the fighters pass so a great excuse to use it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:33

That's Terry out now so has anyone got him & what are your thoughts?

---

I've been playing his classic mode for the last few hours to get a good feel for how he plays & I absolutely love it! The best thing for me is how you can cancel into his special moves (Do Ryu & Ken have this? If not they definitely should) which just gives you cool ways to combo his moves together and I imagine against a real person you could throw them off by mixing them up a bunch. The command inputs were pretty easy to pick up as well & really only need to be used in the right situation rather than all the time, then the super special is a neat touch once you go past 100 percent.

A great addition to the roster. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 22:28

The_Jaster wrote:
The best thing for me is how you can cancel into his special moves (Do Ryu & Ken have this? If not they definitely should)

They do! I'm really enjoying what I've played of Terry as well. Buster Wolf is so satisfying to pull off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 23:23

I did try them out after that but something just feels off about them compared to Terry, maybe it's how their standard normal attacks don't flow together as nicely as his?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 24 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next