We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
shanks
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Muss
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 12:17

I'm just excited for it whoever's developing it. I imagine there'll be a closer quality watch kept on it this time too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 16:43

masofdas wrote:
This Retro might be talented but it's not the same Retro to be excited about, is what I'm just saying. We wouldn't be if it was announced RARE is doing Banjo Three would we.

True but my previous point that they weren't selected to placate the fan base still stands, the studio has history with the series and regardless of the few who have moved on they will know what worked and what didn't for the previous entries. Not to mention Nintendo liked their demo pitch and considering their design philosophy that couldn't have been easy.

Balladeer wrote:
I'm just excited for it whoever's developing it.  I imagine there'll be a closer quality watch kept on it this time too.

^

Also this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:11

I'd've given it to Yacht Club myself!

I wouldn't worry about all this too much - yes, it's going to be a bit delayed, but there's something decent about a company coming out and saying "look, this isn't working". It's not necessarily an alarm bell; sometimes it's good to realise - early on - that things are going down the wrong path. Resident Evil 4 had about 20 re-writes.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:26

I'm not sure, my original answer would have been to involve some of the Dark Souls team but word on the street was that they were involved originally and look how that turned out . . .

I'm just happy to know Nintendo really care about this game and are committed to doing MP justice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 12:54

I've got the real truth about why the earlier version of MP4 was scrapped!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 18:10

Laughing Top work there Drunka.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:35

I couldn't decide whether that one about the devs working silly hours was a dig at Rockstar or Japanese working culture in general. It works either way! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 3:37

Its both. Its all jobs. Fuck jobs. Never shit on your time, never sweat on theirs.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:35

Oh Mr. Summerhayes! Don't ever stop.

My own conspiracy theory is that they hadn't actually started working on it until now, and have pretended to get rid of an "older one that wasn't any good" to cover a bit of a fib. It's like homework.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 13:13

I definitely think that we're going to find out that Retro's been twiddling their thumbs the entire time.

Top writing from Drunka there, as expected. Poor shiba inu, dumped in the cupboard with a new father. The smell of baby must be unbearable.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 13:53

Not the same cupboard. We don't want to encourage fraternising during work hours.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 8:41

Still not quite any news on this, but a nice new HD Remaster of Metroid Prime lets us know they haven't forgotten entirely.

A big, singleplayer, sci-fi First Person adventure has new console launch title energy, right? Metroid Prime 4 to launch Switch 2? Crazier things have happened!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 12:05

I want to try Prime again after playing Dread, but not sure to get now from eShop to the physical in March.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 12:24

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 16:41

Well not both, and I did see ShopTo have the physical up for £29 however with some gold & a voucher got the digital version for £28.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 18:31

I’ve never played Metroid Prime beyond the first twenty minutes. I’ll likely shop around and buy the physical version to see if those twenty-first and twenty-second minutes are worth the while. I might even play it further if it’s good!

Buskalilly wrote:

A big, singleplayer, sci-fi First Person adventure has new console launch title energy, right? Metroid Prime 4 to launch Switch 2? Crazier things have happened!

I think a big, single-player, sci-fi first person adventure has its place. Yet I also think if they’re using that to launch the Switch’s successor then it’s surely got to coincide with something that’ll have a more mainstream appeal and shift the system to more than a few hundred thousand folk.

If the next Nintendo console doesn’t launch with Mario Kart 9 then I’ll eat your hat (but not my hat, that’s an expensive bunnet).
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 19:55

I agree that the Switch 2 would have to launch with something else more mainstream but Prime 4 as a launch game would be cool. Would be a great coup for the series to have that launch day momentum.

I wanted to wait for a physical release but I was just too tempted so I got Prime 1 remastered pretty much straight away. It is so fine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 20:25

Could see Prime 4 being hey here's the hardcore gamers game, and New Super Mario Bros 4K Turbo Edition as the more casual game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 7:10

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I think a big, single-player, sci-fi first person adventure has its place. Yet I also think if they’re using that to launch the Switch’s successor then it’s surely got to coincide with something that’ll have a more mainstream appeal and shift the system to more than a few hundred thousand folk.

I don't think it would be the only game, there will be something colourful and casual too - MK9 makes sense- but a shooter could be mainstream if they pull it off. Metroid could be Nintendo's Halo or Uncharted or whatever.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 12:58

Just have to mention Nintendo calling this version of Metroid Prime "remastered" does it a disservice, not only is the visual overhaul incredibly good the amount of new control options makes it truly special & it will make it easier for a lot of folk to get into.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 13:58

Aw boy - I can't justify getting this as it took me 2 goes to play through the original version (on Wii as part of that trilogy, and even then only through the WiiU eShop). But I can see how much better it looks than the original version.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 17:24

I've played only a little bit but the new controls making it so much better for me.

Also yeah looks great, like if you compare Dead Space 360 to Series to this of Cube to Switch, I think it's just as good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 18:24

masofdas wrote:
...New Super Mario Bros 4K Turbo Edition as the more casual game.

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 Tenor

I bought this yesterday as soon as the eShop was back up.  I haven't played it yet. Embarrassed Think I'll try and dig into it this evening.

EDIT: Well, I'm on the planet's surface. The sheer horror of the Space Station largely passed me by as a child: now the similarities to Alien hit in full force. The Parasite Queen was stupid easy this time, but the escape sequence? Still tense.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 21:53

I'll be waiting on the physical for Metroid Prime Remastered - I might even be finished with XC3 by then - but it's been very hard to resist not going for a download copy after seeing clips of the game in motion. I'm staggered by how much work has gone into it and I think Jas is on the money by saying it's a bit of a disservice calling it a remaster only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:04

I definitely think it's a remaster, because it's really only the visuals that have been attended to beyond the control schemes and the visual style's unchanged (we're not talking Link's Awakening here) - but Metroid Prime is a game that I don't think needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. One change I would've liked to see is map markers - instead I'm taking down notes for returning to areas on my 'phone. Laughing Also, a way to avoid missing scans. I failed to realise that the wasps in the Incinerator Drone fight were a different species and that's my 100% attempt gone. Hissy fit

That aside I'm breezing through the game compared to my lethargic stop-start progress back in 2002! And Flaahgra, which I remember being an absolute bloody roadblock of a boss, fell at the first attempt. It's still fantastic, mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next