We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Empty
PostSubject: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:09

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Ww5uq4puijnc9orhtxoh

Not a completely new Metroid game, but hey.  I'll take it.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:09

Nintendo doing more copy Sony with a Remake.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:12

I think this is a remake in the cinematic sense of the word, a newly made from the ground up retelling of the story, rather than in the Sony sense where they replace the textures and lighting engine.
VERY excited for this, even if I am a little peeved I'll have to turn my 3DS on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:13

Yes, they've changed so little that it definitely looks like a pure remake, à la TLoU. And they haven't just introduced new moves or anything.

Honestly mate.  There are games like MK8D that that would work well enough for, but here you're completely off the mark.  You were parachuting onto the mark and completely overshot.  Into the sea.

And the sea is lava.

(Basically, what Drunka said.)

Also it's pretty for a 3DS game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:18

Forgot the trailer again, mate

Balladeer
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:27

Yeah Metroid II was pretty straight forward & didn't even have a map feature if I remember correctly so I'm well up for this. Looks ace & that counter/parry move?

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:50

That parry looks like it's going to be massively satisfying to pull off. Also, the mêlée bits looked a bit Other M... says someone who's never played Other M, so...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:10

Happy to take this over struggling through Metroid II on my 3DS, particularly without that map feature that Jas mentioned. I am trapped underneath a lot of weighty 3DS games that I'm struggling to get through at the minute, though - especially when I'm intent on getting Ever Oasis and RPG Maker Fes before the end of the month. So little time...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:11

ZeroJones wrote:
RPG Maker Fes before the end of the month. So little time...

Ooh, does this mean Magical Math Quest is coming soon?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:36

Miserable Retrograde Crumpster that I am becoming, I think I'm looking forward to this more than MP4. I definitely prefer the 2D Metroids, me.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
RPG Maker Fes before the end of the month. So little time...

Ooh, does this mean Magical Math Quest is coming soon?

You'd better be-stem-and-leaf it, my man! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:40

Jimbob wrote:
Miserable Retrograde Crumpster that I am becoming, I think I'm looking forward to this more than MP4. I definitely prefer the 2D Metroids, me.

only 3 months away as well. Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:41

I've got a lot of time for 2D and 3D metroids. The one doesn't feel like a gelded version of the other, like 2D Zeldas feel to me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:43

GotY material right there.  Forget SMO, cast aside BotW.  Magical Maths Quest is going to multiply fun, subtract boredom, and... er... integrate RPG mechanics!

Also being the pampered millennial I am I much prefer 3D Metroid, never finished a 2D one.  Hopefully I'll fare better with this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:45

Odd- the reason I've completed more 2D metroids is that I find them easier to both play and also get my head round.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:49

I never finished Super Metroid because there's one less dimension in which to dodge, so an early boss kept kicking my (in before 'git gud') Varia-suited behind.

Also I just prefer 3D games in general.  I could say something about there being one extra dimension in which to explore, but I'm pretty sure I'm pulling that out of the aforementioned metal-plated posterior. Probably just that I grew up with them, whereas Jimbob and Zero grew up with flatties.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:56

Balladeer wrote:
Probably just that I grew up with them, whereas Jimbob and Zero grew up with flatties.
I remeber Metroid when it was called Codename Droid.
Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) 112007
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:59

I'm generally the same, 3D games naturally excite me more, but with 2D Metroidvanias I can approach the exploration in a much more methodical way. I like being able to picture the map in my head and colour in the squares.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:00

Balladeer wrote:
I just prefer 3D games in general.  I could say something about there being one extra dimension in which to explore, but I'm pretty sure I'm pulling that out of the aforementioned metal-plated posterior.  Probably just that I grew up with them, whereas Jimbob and Zero grew up with flatties.

There's something in that, I'm sure. As I've mentioned before, the 3D era took me a while to accept, most likely because I "grew up with flatties". For me, Super Metroid is slightly better than Metroid Prime... but it's surprisingly close. Prime is an absolute masterpiece - but SM is a masterclass.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 22:32

A lot of folk seem well up for this. I didn't know that Metroid II on the Game Boy was held in high regard. My only memory of it was playing it in a church hall when I was bored out of my gord when I was six, and it made no sense to me at all. It's plays older than all of us put together. Metroid II from 1991 B.C.

Are folk just happy for another Metroid, or is this something that I should actually be arsed with?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 23:06

I think they've suitably refreshed how it plays, Cappa, so we're essentially getting a brand new 2D Metroid. That combat looked tasty - parries in my Metroid! Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:13

The special edition and amiibo sure do look nice.

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Metroid-samus-returns-annunciati-gli-amiibo-special-edition-v5-295656-1280x720

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Metroid-Samus-Returns-amiibo

The metroid amiibo is even squishy.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:22

Have they announced what amiibo will do in-game? Is it even amiibo-compatible? My Zero Suit Samus has been lying dormant since she activated a special costume for Yoshi in YWW...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:36

JayMoyles wrote:
I think they've suitably refreshed how it plays, Cappa, so we're essentially getting a brand new 2D Metroid. That combat looked tasty - parries in my Metroid! Dance

Basically this. All of this, right down to the meaty-feeling parries. It didn't look like a GB game at all, and had new items and everything. It almost looks more like ALBW compared to LttP: same world, different everything else.

I'll continue my trend of being entirely unarsed by the special edition, but I'm up for a squishy Metroid amiibo! I like all the amiibo that actually do things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:45

ZeroJones wrote:
Have they announced what amiibo will do in-game? Is it even amiibo-compatible? My Zero Suit Samus has been lying dormant since she activated a special costume for Yoshi in YWW...

They have not announced what they do yet but the smash bros Metroid amiibo do work with it. Thumbs Up!

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Basically this.  All of this, right down to the meaty-feeling parries.  It didn't look like a GB game at all, and had new items and everything.  It almost looks more like ALBW compared to LttP: same world, different everything else.

I'll continue my trend of being entirely unarsed by the special edition, but I'm up for a squishy Metroid amiibo!  I like all the amiibo that actually do things.

I thought you'd be all over it for the CD soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next