We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
gjones
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Muss
JayMoyles
masofdas
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:21

According to Metacritic's sister site Gamerankings, this would be the top five for SNES. Where would it slot into your rankings?

Super Metroid
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy VI (III)

masofdas wrote:

With these two having fan events (Sony haven't annouced PSX 2018 yet, they should have it Europe and skip PGW imo) do you think Nintendo should have one? As before these were a thing (XO did take place since 2001 in some way) I would have said Nintendo out of anyone made the most sense out of anyone due to the fanbase.

Nintendo like marching to the beat of their own drum - I'd argue in recent years they've used E3 as their fan event by stacking it with big interactive shows like the NWC or the Smash Invitationals along with having their booth decorated to high heaven, like the New Donk booth from last year's E3. It'd make sense for them to have such an event, but I don't think they'd do it. They've got their Directs to drive attention to them across the year anyway, which I'd imagine would be much cheaper and easier to put together than a PSX style event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 5:28

Yeah they do, just if XO and PSX are both become annual along with the other shows, I can see Nintendo fan's going where's are event. When I think they should have been the first to do it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 7:19

Nintendo used to do Space World back in the day.

In terms ofstuff for fans . . . they have a whole store, there are permanent monuments to Pokemon and Mario . . . Nintendo dont need to fake a cultural relevance they already have
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 8:52

I guess and with the directs they have stuff to show but when you see Xbox with the least amount of stuff, can do a show every month along with E3 and no XO, does make me think with so many more games and history, the Big N could blow them out of the water.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 13:05

They just don't show their competitive side publicly like that never have and probably never will, if they are doing something it's for the love of it rather than to one up any other company.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 14:11

Wasn't even thinking like that but actually for the fans having a event but I guess they've gone back to EGX, PAX etc that can get hand's on.

Another thought is from the Cyberpunk thread, Jay and myself both have a feeling it's a next-gen game, that what would you like from PS5 and Xbox Scarlett? Also anything else you think could be a next gen game, the first that comes to mind is Beyond Good and Evil 2?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:58

The generation thing is doing my head in a bit now. Nintendo threw a spanner in the works with the Wii U and the Switch.

JayMoyles wrote:
According to Metacritic's sister site Gamerankings, this would be the top five for SNES. Where would it slot into your rankings?

Super Metroid
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy VI (III)

Above the N64, probably, which kind of surprises me. The SNES has just about managed to retain its timeless quality; the N64, less so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 21:03

Technically Switch is 9th gen (the only one as well) but the whole hybrid thing makes it weird for me, as does it follow 3DS as well? When PS5 and Scarlett come those will be 9th gen as well, I do wonder how they will affect the Switch much like the jump to PS3 to PS4 affect Wii U as I would think both have more POWER! then the One X.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 15:38

Tbh I think it'll be nothing but tech buzzwords to make it seem like it's a massive jump when it probably won't be, as overall graphics/visuals plateaued a while ago so it'll be more of a resolution fight again. I think Nintendo are in the best spot here though as the Switch can eventually be positioned as a handheld if they want while they release a more traditional console but if it keeps selling the way it does then there might not be much point in doing that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:13

Can't ever see Nintendo will go back to a traditional console. I do think you can push graphics more, as look at Killzone compared to God of War on PS4 but is that enough of selling point, beyond maybe with a Cyberpunk we need the power to have all these things like going also I do think that's mainly the PS5, whilst MS will push the service nature of Scarlett.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:36

Generations are just an invention for easy categorisation, but I'd argue for Switch being 8th gen at this point
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 17:40

masofdas wrote:
Can't ever see Nintendo will go back to a traditional console.

I just said the option is there if they want it.

masofdas wrote:
I do think you can push graphics more, as look at Killzone compared to God of War on PS4 but is that enough of selling point, beyond maybe with a Cyberpunk we need the power to have all these things like going also I do think that's mainly the PS5, whilst MS will push the service nature of Scarlett.

You probably can push graphics more but at what cost? I'd rather they built believable gaming worlds as a whole rather than focusing on making one thing look "super realistic" but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 18:06

Sure why I said about a game like Cyberpunk or another I think will be a PS5 game, Beyond Good and Evil 2 with it's open planet nature.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 19:22

I can see those games working on current consoles as well though so maybe they'll bridge the gap and be on both.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 19:47

While machines race to push more ps down our throats faster than Trump's Russian associates, there will always be room for more power to reduce loading times, make bigger more seamless worlds, and fill those worlds with more stuff.  Sadly the race to the graphical bottom means software/hardware bods seem less likely to concentrate on this type of power, which is a shame.

Switch is still best.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Generations are just an invention for easy categorisation, but I'd argue for Switch being 8th gen at this point

It's not easy any more though! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 1:19

I dont want Nintendo to release any more traditional consoles. Nor do Ieant anyone else to! Traditional consoles suck. Make everything a Switxh-style hybrid!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 10:13

That would be awful for gaming if all are doing the same, why I sort hope the rumoured streaming verison of Scarlett is true. Then it would all three trying something different than going back to pre-Wii era when everyone did the same.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 0:19

I think a streaming based console is still ways off, certainly in the UK where our broadband infrastructure is not up to providing the speeds that such a service would require, at least in most parts of the country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 11:19

The rumours are we will get two Scarlett's one will be a traditional console that you put discs in and pay like £450 for it, the other is the streaming one which will have something inside it that will help with the connection but I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head as much like the UK the USA isn't all the great for the internet and that's why this thing will be in the console to help with that, for like £200 plus this likely what the Google Console will be.

We've seen from Game Pass and MS numbers since then that it is making a huge difference to them, that putting a box out there which just does that and people can pick up way less than the PS5 and Switch, might be a hit but then I'm not sure on the overall games library for it.

Now I would be someone that would buy the £450 traditional console Scarlett, same with the PS5 and all I really want from them is a 4K drive as standard (stupid PS4 Pro not having one) and 4K 60fps to be sort of the standard much like how 1080p 60fps was meant to be the standard this gen from own from the previous gen and I'd think PS5 and Scarlett have to do the same but following on from the PS4 Pro and One X.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 14:38

I want super HD graphics so I can see nice tiddies and I want a port on the controller that I can shag.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 15:06

Maybe that's the use for the vitality sensor now
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 17:35

Drunkalilly wrote:
I want super HD graphics so I can see nice tiddies and I want a port on the controller that I can shag.

Laughing

This oddly reminds me of the film Existenz.

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 8818bd9f-0e0c-4e7d-b490-4ce47b0e9658
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Oct 2018 - 17:39

Only talking about streaming and Google has sort have started there's now, sure we've not got a console yet from them but they've launched project stream and you can play Assassin's Creed Odyessy through a browser.

Well, MS has gone and announced xCloud their take on streaming which looks to bring Xbox games to various devices via the cloud, this now makes me think even more that a streaming-only version of Scarlett using xCloud will come out.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 9 Oct 2018 - 11:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New news)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:04

Question, purely out of curiosity: how often do y'all play local multiplayer? Especially with more than two people (i.e. not with a partner). I get the feeling I'm one of the only fellows on here who does much. And what are your favourite local multiplayer games if you do?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:47

I hardly ever play local multiplayer anymore. Me and my pals used to play loads of stuff pre and post-pub, but those days have been gone since before the Wii U. They're just not gaming anymore. Besides the meet-up in Manchester, I can't remember the last time I played anything with mate's in the room. I don't think it was anytime in the last six months anyway. That's a bit gutting - l love local multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3
Page 6 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next