We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
gjones
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Muss
JayMoyles
masofdas
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:58

I played a lot with Shen, and will hopefully do so again when theres not an ocean in the way. And the Switch has seen more than a few tabletop mode, split joy-con mario kart outings in hostels and on planes and so on.

But it isnt like it once was. Probably the only thing I miss about the bad old days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 19:53

The meet up was the last time for me as well, I'll sometimes get a few MP games down at my brothers house but that won't always happen when I'm there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:38

I get a few rounds of whatever fighting game we're both into with my brother from time to time, but outwith that, the last major occasion for me was also the meet-up. My friends have all moved away really, so I don't get a chance to play locally any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 20:24

I'm fortunate in that I'm still close (emotionally and location-wise) with my nuclear family, and that the generation above me are still into the Videogames. I feel a tad guilty in that regard Sad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 12:28

Balladeer wrote:
Question, purely out of curiosity: how often do y'all play local multiplayer? Especially with more than two people (i.e. not with a partner). I get the feeling I'm one of the only fellows on here who does much. And what are your favourite local multiplayer games if you do?

My wiiu is in the living room and gets played fairly often with my housemates, mostly for Mario Kart 8 and Mario Chase but sometimes other things. I have on occasion played Switch with housemates too (and it kind of counts as local if we play fortnite together in the same room right?)

I have a good friend who lives half an hour away and we'll always play PS4 local multiplayer. When I was over a couple of weekends ago we played a lot of speedrunners. He hosted a bigger get together early august where we played a lot of gang beasts and rocket league, but also overcooked 2 on my switch which I took over with the dock among other things.

I play local multi with my girlfriend too, but you said to not count that so I won't Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:50

Cheers all, pretty much what I thought.  Sad times.  On the other hand, makes me glad that the meetup provides people who might otherwise not have much of chance to play some local multiplayer.  

And glad you see a bit more local multiplayer, O_R!  Not sure Fortnite counts though, unless you do the dances in person.

Jimbob wrote:
I'm fortunate in that I'm still close (emotionally and location-wise) with my nuclear family, and that the generation above me are still into the Videogames. I feel a tad guilty in that regard Sad

No need for guilt sir, it's great that your folks still enjoy playing with you. Smile What do you play together?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 23:57

No idea where to chuck this wonderful trailer, but it got me thinking about other celebrity moments in games. Beyond Ozzy Osbourne in Brutal Legend - mind you, that game is chockablock with metal legends, thinking about it - I couldn't think of any others. Any that come immediately to mind for you guys?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 16:48

That new Ghost mode 1 v 1 multiplayer in Hitman 2 looks pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 19:49

JayMoyles wrote:
No idea where to chuck this wonderful trailer, but it got me thinking about other celebrity moments in games. Beyond Ozzy Osbourne in Brutal Legend - mind you, that game is chockablock with metal legends, thinking about it - I couldn't think of any others. Any that come immediately to mind for you guys?

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 Inqsgyeoetkerpqof6fr
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 23:25

Is that meant to be Bowie? I've never even seen that game before. What is it?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 11:42

Omikron: The Nomad soul, I've never played it either but it's apparently mental and Bowie plays two characters in it as well as being the composer for the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 17:57

Jas is correct (Well it's just The Nomad Soul in Europe) and Bowie did have some influence on the game beyond music (did post some during his passing), also being Quantic Dream's first game

I didn't really know what you meant by celebs in games as I can think of tons, a certain game coming to PS4 has a few in but they're playing characters, where Ozzy was sort of playing himself.

Now Bowie in Nomad Soul was playing a character who was essentially Ziggy Stardust.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 22:55

I think stuff like Gary Oldman voicing a soldier in CoD is out of the scope of what I was looking for - more things like Sean Bean in Hitman 2, or using Ozzy's likeness as a character in Brutal Legend, or the Jackass lads turning up a Tony Hawk game. Although considering that deals with real skaters, that might be cheating a bit too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 8:09

Well all Death Stranding then, maybe not Troy Baker but there characters look like them, in the case of Lindsey Wagner better due to deageing.

Michael Jackson in Space Channel 5. Ellen Page and William Dafoe in Beyond: Two Souls. Bruce Willis in Apocalypse. Dana Plato in Night Trap.

I could go on but all those are played the actor and use there likeness.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 18:55

Balladeer wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

No need for guilt sir, it's great that your folks still enjoy playing with you. Smile What do you play together?

Mario Kart and Towerfall (and soon Super Mario Party) with everyone; yer Diablo-alikes (and soon to be Smash) with my sis and bro-in-law; FIFA with the father. There's nothing I specifically play couch co-op only with my mum, but she's worked her way through all of the Prince of Persias / Uncharteds / Tomb Raiders of the last decade, and I'm usually a co-pilot. I should probably have kids by now though, so I can show them how cool their grandparents are Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 19:57

masofdas wrote:
Well all Death Stranding then, maybe not Troy Baker

Ellen Page and William Dafoe in Beyond: Two Souls

I'd struggle to pick Troy Baker out of a line-up - considering his fame is from the voice acting industry, I don't think his likeness would be worth much to a game!

Ah, that's a fair one for Beyond Two Souls, I'd forgotten Willem Dafoe was in that too.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:02

Jimbob wrote:
Mario Kart and Towerfall (and soon Super Mario Party) with everyone; yer Diablo-alikes (and soon to be Smash) with my sis and bro-in-law; FIFA with the father. There's nothing I specifically play couch co-op only with my mum, but she's worked her way through all of the Prince of Persias / Uncharteds / Tomb Raiders of the last decade, and I'm usually a co-pilot. I should probably have kids by now though, so I can show them how cool their grandparents are Neutral

I hope you don't feel under pressure to have kids if you don't want them! That aside, sounds like a good mix. I can get games of Mario Kart and Jackbox, and that's about it. I'm suddenly jealous... Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 14:39

This is more of a ramble but MS had on Saturday night X018 which was sort of like PSX due to fans and games to play there, but the showing was a just bigger version of the almost monthly Inside Xbox they now do.

This XO18 to me as someone that has come back to Xbox over the past year or so, summed up Xbox be it now and in the future.

XO18 didn't have any big AAA first party games, we do know some are coming like Gears 5 and Halo 6 but if this was a Sony or Nintendo event we would have likely seen The Last of Us Part II or Metroid Prime 4.

They did date Crackdown 3 but wouldn't say that's AAA.

The main stuff shown was things to keep you playing on Xbox, XO18 had the 3rd party games (including big Japanese ones, always been my biggest issue) like I'm playing now with Red Dead Redemption 2, new Game Pass titles like Thief of Thieves which I'll play after RDR2, new Backwards Compatible games with the Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy which might be something you just own and might want to replay or for myself I never played Lightning Returns which Athrun says is great, updates for the service games meaning in December I'll go back to Forza Horizon 4 due to the new island. That this trickling of content will keep me playing mine as my main console not because of an AAA exclusive.

They did announce two new studio acquisitions
inXile (Bards Tale, Wasteland) and Obsidian (KOTOR II, New Vegas, Stick of Truth) along with talking about some of the studios they now own do have things they might be able to show soon and sounds like they're making Game Pass content, I don't know if that means a smaller game and MS can have something new each month or an episodic title with an episode a month, as I could see that working well.

Jay has said in recent months about going Xbox next-gen and we've talked in the past about how I'm someone who owns all the systems meaning I can play God of War, Forza Horizon 4 and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee.

But if I was a single format and take this year, knowing my feelings on the Switch but if I just had a Switch I would have played Garden Between, Bloodstained, Okami HD, LEGO DC etc on it instead of maybe a handful of games.

Now for the first time in a long time, I think you could go just Xbox and sure I don't think you'd get games as the same quality as you do from Sony or Nintendo (why I'll still own all three) but what they do with the trickling of content to keep you playing Xbox is what would make it viable.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 17:56

It looks like they're preparing to have a good set of exclusives for the next generation - that's what's let them down this generation coupled with their horrendous launch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 18:05

I think they will have good exclusives and lots of them due to Game Pass but maybe not great ones but when the services around it are decent, I don't know if it will matter as much as we may think.

I've said it before all three going in different directions is a good thing and XO18, clearly shows that MS can do what they're setting out to do.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 9:54

Random thought: Do you think the next playstation will ditch dualshock design and go with the off set sticks an shape that xbox started? I hope it does as even Nintendo realised it's the better overall shape for a controller, I also wouldn't mind if trigger stops became a standard thing too.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 10:05

The_Jaster wrote:
Random thought: Do you think the next playstation will ditch dualshock design and go with the off set sticks an shape that xbox started? I hope it does as even Nintendo realised it's the better overall shape for a controller, I also wouldn't mind if trigger stops became a standard thing too.

No, dualshock not only works fine, but is iconic and synonymous with the playstation brand.

It's also the better layout for 2D games so "better" depends on your perspective. I prefer stick under d-pad because you can still use the d-pad while using the stick if you claw, whereas stick above makes it impossible to use both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 11:23

I don't hate the ps4 controller but I do think it could be way better (I get that's personal preference) & I'd even be happy with a middle ground type of deal like these scuf controllers:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Out of the current systems the ps4 controller is the third best in my book and iconic or not it feels like the right time for them to move on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 12:38

God I hope not, Dual Shock 4 is possibly part from the GameCube controller the best controller we've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 15:50

The dualshock was always a crap design that hastily added analogue sticks that didn't really fit. The fact that Sony have stubbornly stuck to the layout for this long is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3
Page 7 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next