We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 11:39

JOY-CON DRIFT

Had my first experience of it today, and got it pretty bad. My goose kept waddling to the left against my wishes. Unfortunately it was on a four-hour train journey to a three-day conference. I don't trust myself to do the whole 'WD40' thing without breaking it, so it'll probably have to go to Nintendo, but that's no good for my journey/conference.

Boo. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 11:43

I've got that now myself on my Xbox One controller with the right stick, the sky in Gears 5 looks great.

Also seen this is happening on the Switch Lite already.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 13:15

The electrical contact cleaner couldn't be easier, you don't have to take anything apart, nothing can go wrong. Definitely easier than sending to Nintendo and going without.

(On the other hand, the more that get sent in, the more it hurts them and makes them more likely to do something...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 20:57

masofdas wrote:
I've got that now myself on my Xbox One controller with the right stick, the sky in Gears 5 looks great.

Whilst I'm not doubting that could happen, the people that have "experienced" JoyCon drift already have definitely stuck a rubber band around their controller to force it to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 4:26

The whole thing is a globalist conspiracy to get little kids, the primary owners of Switch Lites, to give out their home addresses so they can be taken and have their adrenochrome extracted and pumped into the blood of sick leftist elite vampires like Shillary and Kill Clinton or Barrack Hussein Osama.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:22

Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Whilst I'm not doubting that could happen, the people that have "experienced" JoyCon drift already have definitely stuck a rubber band around their controller to force it to happen.

Yep, while there's no doubt there's a poorly made part in joycon sticks any Switch lites already getting gubbed in the first few days or weeks is clearly from user misuse.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 19:19

Hoy! Anyway, controllers are meant to be robust. The whole 'chucking them across the room' thing is still a thing I believe.

Drunkalilly wrote:
The whole thing is a globalist conspiracy to get little kids, the primary owners of Switch Lites, to give out their home addresses so they can be taken and have their adrenochrome extracted and pumped into the blood of sick leftist elite vampires like Shillary and Kill Clinton or Barrack Hussein Osama.

Can't believe you didn't mention the chemtrails. #wakeupsheeple #ormaybegotosleep #whatdochemtrailsdoagain
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 0:52

Chemtrails? Balla you're like a decade behind in the mental stuff right-wing conspiracy theorists believe. Nobody talks about chemtrails.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 11:42

The_Jaster wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Yep, while there's no doubt there's a poorly made part in joycon sticks any Switch lites already getting gubbed in the first few days or weeks is clearly from user misuse.

Manufacturing isn't perfect, there will be a failure rate for new controllers, so I wouldn't doubt it happening to someone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 20:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
Chemtrails? Balla you're like a decade behind in the mental stuff right-wing conspiracy theorists believe. Nobody talks about chemtrails.

Curses, relying on Welcome to Night Vale for my conspiracy theory updates fails me again!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:19

Here's an interesting take that I heard on a podcast tonight and I'd love to hear the forum's thoughts on it.

During the podcast, one of the guests mentioned that they felt a bit miffed paying full whack for Link's Awakening when it's a remaster, albeit a remaster of a fantastic game as they stated themselves. Most remasters these days launch at a lower price, like the Spyro trilogy for example. They also stated that they didn't feel as good spending full whack for LA when Breath of the Wild launched at the same price and gave you a lot more meat on the bone for your money's worth. That spawned a discussion around quality versus length when looking at the price of a game and it got me thinking about my stance on the matter.

Personally, I'm getting to a point now where I'm getting less and less time to spend playing games and therefore my time is more of a premium than the actual cost of the game. So, the length of a game isn't as much of a factor to me and more so the quality of the game. I'd happily spend full price for a 10 hour 9/10 game than a 60 hour 7/10 game. I'd remember that 9/10 more than the 7/10 and I'd value the time I spent playing the 9/10 more as a result too. Having said that, in the context of Zelda, I'd recommend people to buy BotW above LA every day of the week based on the fact that a) it's longer and b) it's better.

I'm losing my point here, but basically the question I pose to you guys: should Link's Awakening have launched at a "budget" price like other remasters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:28

Personally no as I don't feel it's a remaster that's what Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is and that was full price.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:33

Playing devil's advocate here, but what did it add beyond a wee dungeon maker extra that the likes of Spyro and Crash didn't?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:42

Nothing really and this month Medievil is only going to be £25 on PS4 but I wouldn't be shocked The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered for PS5 (you know it happen) is £40.

Why is one less and one isn't no idea but why Links Awakening getting brought up not being cheaper and likes of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe aren't is the confusing part.

Also Ni No Kuni only just come out on PS4 and Switch, basically a port is full price not seen a single thing talking about the price of that besides myself asking why Switch verison is £10 more than PS4 and not a remaster.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:51

Is it maybe just the Nintendo or Zelda brand carrying that higher pricetag then? Crash and Spyro don't exactly have the same pedigree as most of Nintendo's heavy hitters.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 10:19

You can't strictly correlate price and length of game, people who do are being silly
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 14:15

Yep said that a few times in the last game I've finished thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:25

OrangeRakoon wrote:
You can't strictly correlate price and length of game, people who do are being silly

Loads of people have done that with UGG and it really grinds my gears. Every minute of that game has more joy squeezed into it than something like Octopath Traveler has over its entire bloated playtime.

Wait, this isn't the UGG thread. Er, I wouldn't have been surprised, but it really was made from the ground up, even if it is smaller than other similar games. I don't think an almost full-price sale is too much to ask. Maybe a £5 haircut is reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySat 5 Oct 2019 - 15:48

I'd say quality it always the deciding factor in whether it's worth paying the money for it, I've bought both Link's Awakening and Spyro for their RRP when they launched and both are games I've never really played yet I think I paid the right price for them. I've enjoyed Spyro but quality wise it still feels like an old game which I don't think Link's Awakening does so for me they're worth their respective prices.

This is all subjective of course and someone else's opinion might differ but quality is quality and people will pay the right price for it, hence why LA has sold as well as it has. I'd also argue that UGG is worth its full price but I guess that's easy to say when I paid sale price for it.

I think the whole length arguement is a pointless one nowadays for the reason Jay said, there's so many games to play now that anything that makes you feel obligated to play because it's huge isn't necessarily worth more money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySat 5 Oct 2019 - 23:29

While I'm all for shorter/sweeter experiences these days for similar reasons as everyone else (just no time to play all these games for one), I'm still a bit conscious of how much content I'm getting compared to the price - especially with the stack of cheap games I still haven't played. I will have happily bought a game of Link Awakening's relative brevity at that price with no regrets, but in this case I don't care enough about the game or the overhaul it got.

As for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I'm not going to argue it wasn't overpriced but it is one of the Wii U remasters less deserving of that criticism since it includes all the DLC, an overhauled battle mode, more characters and welcome gameplay tweaks. Also generally people are going to get a lot more time out of that game and still dip into it for years because of the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 5:27

I'm about 150 hours into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and still going. Current mission: 200cc staff ghosts.

Ultimately, all value is artificial. We're here arguing whether a 20 hour game is worth £50? People are out there giving the man 60 hours of their only time on this earth for less than enough to live on while the rich get richer and we're arguing about this shit? That's what they want.

Money is a scam.
All property is theft.
Consolidation of capital is the only issue we should care about and they keep us arguing about this shit deliberately. You want real value your in life? You want art to be art without the spectre of capitalism? Organise! Resist! Change the broken system which makes you choose between entertainment and sustenance!

In the meantime, this is boring.
Plus, I'm borrowing Matty's copy of Zelda so I ain't paying one yen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 18:09

Boring but immediately relevant, unfortunately.

In the meanwhile, what are people's favourite co-op experiences on Switch? We've just finished the main campaign in Overcooked 2 and are On The Hunt for more stuff.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 10:32

I very much enjoyed the Pikuniku co-op levels
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 17:07

Not Astral Chain, I'll tell you that much. The so-called co-op mode is just the singleplayer controls awkwardly split between two joy-con.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 11:31

Drunkalilly wrote:
Not Astral Chain, I'll tell you that much. The so-called co-op mode is just the singleplayer controls awkwardly split between two joy-con.

This is legitimately one of my favourite types of co-op. There was a cheat code for a level in Rogue Squadron where two players control a single AT-ST and it was super cool. Psi-Ops co-op is great fun and that just splits out the shooting and psychic powers. Even Beyond Two Souls becomes much more bearable in co-op mode with the smartphone app!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next