We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 10:25

Balladeer wrote:
The whole 'there's no wrong way to play a game' only holds up if you're enjoying it.

This is a v.good comment

(DKCR/TF shouldn't have had co-op though)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 10:29

It is but I play basically every game the same, and "enjoy" them, that I'm not going to change how I play games.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 13:13

That's fine! The game isn't for you.

But you still played it wrong Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 13:22

A new lad is starting at work and one of the first things I learned about him is that he doesn't rate BotW and it has pretty much caused me to prematurely pretty much write him off as a person and a colleague.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 19:20

That sounds unfair, as it implies his right to exist as anything else.

Muss wrote:
Hot drinks are shit.

Speaking of which. Nah nah!

OrangeRakoon wrote:
That's fine! The game isn't for you.

But you still played it wrong Razz

Seriously though, this is true.  There's no shame in not getting on with BotW because it doesn't fit how you like to play games - see me avoiding Dark Souls because I know I'm not a patient person, or shootybangs because I can't aim.  However, you then have to factor it in when you decide on how, and how much, to give your opinion of the game.  (You could very well argue I didn't do this in the early days of 'Soulsmania'. Shifty )

Buskalilly wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
My main issue was with the puzzles and the fact they never quite felt right. I like to find the solution and feel smart, BOTW always felt like I kind of cobbled it together so it worked kind of enough. Good for those who like playing with a sandbox, bad for satisfaction.

Huh - Im the other way around. I get a much greater sense of satisfaction if it feels like the solution was my own, rather than there being only one and I just understood what the developer was telling me to do.

See, normally I'm like Andy.  I like feeling like I got 'the correct solution': it's why I raved about Baba Is You for a bit last year.  I'm not sure how many of the actual puzzles featured emergent gameplay though.  The ones I mostly remember were in the Shrines (probably my least favourite parts of the game) and the DBs, and more often than not it felt like there was a proper solution and maybe a cheaty one, e.g. flipping the motion-controlled mazes over 180º and bouncing the ball to the goal, that you feel the developers also intended and so you just feel clever for getting there.

And of course the rest of the game was belting.  I don't really judge BotW on the strength of its puzzles.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 20:01

Your examples aren't exactly the same Balla as you know you don't like/don't play FPS even third-person shooters from what I know about Splatoon.

Where Zelda be it an Action-RPG or what most of you seem to call an Action-Adventure game, those are genres I play often and BotW is part of one of my favourite series.

That it's not a game I was going avoid playing due to those reasons (why I'll likely play BotW 2), where I gather you will avoid DOOM Eternal because it's an FPS.

I go back to saying I finished the game, that I could give an opinion and go this is what wrong with it, instead of playing a bit and going it SUX (I also wanted to play something on my new Switch) as due to the rave reviews wanted to see if it got gud.

You can say I played it wrong and I'll admit that for something Sekiro where I was playing like full-on stealth games, which meant I struggled against a boss as I hadn't levelled up with orbs or whatever it is as I fought like no enemies.

I still sort of enjoyed my time with it but knew it wasn't for me as I wouldn't have the patience, where BotW just seemed like a big empty map with no reel point to anything, where I found aimlessly wandering around not to be amusing to me or enjoyable use of my time, meaning I went straight to the story elements.

Edit

Is this new lad, one of these people that now hates BotW because it's cool to do so?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 20:36

Dark Souls is an action-adventure-Metroidvania. Neutral

I mean, there are other things in there that I noticed, but that's the one that jumped out.  It's exactly the sort of genre that should appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 21:23

Personally say it's a RPG more of a western flair then a typical one made in Japan, which might make it more appealing. Yet now with years gone between original release and Switch port you can checkout information to find out it's not for you.

I still feel it's an apple to oranges comparison due to I guess time BotW came out and it being Zelda with on paper not a drastic change to genre.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 18:20

Double post as I've got a question

Switch or Switch Lite?

I've sort of been looking at getting a new Switch of some sort, yes after a few months, mainly for Animal Crossing which actually would be 4 months between the last game I was interested in Pokemon.

Not to say if I kept my Switch, I wouldn't have gone back to LM3 or picked up TMS, I'm just talking big must play games though.

I'm leaning towards a Switch Lite as it's £100 less than a Switch and I feel Animal Crossing is sort of a handheld game. Also doesn't feel like rebuying a Switch, it be more like buying 3DS XL after having a 3DS.

You might be thinking, Mas you prefer home consoles and barely played Switch in handheld mode. That is true, yet also might be why I've not been keen on the Switch as I use as a home console, I compare to my One X and PS4 Pro (soon Series X and PS5) where I'd much prefer to play and buy something like a Witcher 3.

That a handheld only Switch, I'd be comparing with nothing well maybe my VITA and 3DS both I've been playing abit lately, yet neither really have new games (well really good ones).

And what I mainly want to play on Switch, would suit a handheld such as Animal Crossing, indies etc. Just two games come to mind, that I'm not sure will work well on a handheld I'd like to play Bayo 3 and BotW 2 also couldn't use Labo where I'd still like to try the VR.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 20:35

That didn't take long Laughing

I tend to just rotate between Switch, PS4 and PC. That being said, I don't think I'll ever sell my Switch... maybe if the successor is fully backwards compatible, but only then. It's the nicest console I've ever owned and its versatility is really important to me. I predominantly use handheld mode, but I always want the option of telly mode. If you don't then you've answered your own question.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 20:48

I'm still not overly keen on the Switch in general, just I really want to play Animal Crossing that's it why for one game thinking Lite but at work they found a regular Switch for £60 more. That it would give me the option for on TV but if playing on TV, I reckon I'd just play PlayStation or Xbox as that what I did for the past three years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 0:27

You should buy the most expensive possible Switch as PENANCE for your trangsression.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 9:05

Okay I'll get a used one, then Nintendo doesn't get any money.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 11:26

Switch because when the analogue sticks on the joy-cons inevitably drift at least they are detachable/replaceable.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 11:41

I never had an issue with my launch one and I did just buy a Switch Lite (It can go for a repair like with my New 3DS XL did once, if it comes to it) as I actually looked after replying to Drunka and found brand new ones on eBay which seemingly has come from being free gifts as part of phone contracts for £145, considering how many are on there along with the few descriptions.

That's a huge difference in price as the cheapest they found in work for a Switch yesterday was £259.99, that's £114.99 and for what I'm going use the Switch for I can't justify the difference in price, and feels to me as my replacement to my 3DS and VITA then what the Switch was offering to me before.

And who knows we might get a new/premium/pro Switch and I'd likely want that anyway, especially if timed with BotW2 that guess save here for that in a roundabout way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 19:48

Is any of this helping Mas? I get the feeling that when it comes down to it, you're a strong-willed fella who's more likely to draw inspiration from within than be inspired by others as to what to buy. I could be wrong, it's happened before.

Only thing I'd say is: don't sell this one. Again, I probably can't influence that happening; but the odds are good that another 'just one game' will come along that you'll want to play. I don't know if you're swimming in cash, but it can't be financially sensible to sell and rebuy machines at your current rate. You can always 'trade down' when the time comes.

Joy-Con drift is a bastard though. Just because it hasn't happened to you before, don't assume it won't in future.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 22:10

You are right I was thinking Switch Lite and that's what I bought even though everyone I've spoken to be real life, twitter etc has said get a proper one.

Maybe if I picked up the Animal Crossing Edition wouldn't been as bad as I've had numerous 3DS and Xbox 360's because of special editions that me buying another one I could justify like that.

But I really can't as I feel it's way to expensive and the Switch would always be console choice number 3 where with the Lite it's different and it's essentially handheld choice number 1, if that makes sense and I can always upgrade if a Pro or something happens.

The Xbox One has made buying and selling seem much worse than it is (well unless we do talk special editions) especially counting the X as I was sort of even financially till getting that but much like the PS4 Pro, would have got a X even if I still had my launch Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 23:20

Bit late now, but I would have recommended a regular Switch purely for concerns around what would happen when the Joycon drift beast reared its ugly head. Having said that, if the Switch will only be for an odd few games here or there for you, then you'd surely be less susceptible to Joycon drift. I've no idea how it happens, but I can only assume it's linked with playing on Switch for hundreds of hours and would be particularly exacerbated by more controller intensive games like Smash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 18:07

That's fair, Mas: you've always done things a different way. I don't know why you asked us in the first place though! It doesn't feel like what anybody said was going to make a difference...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 19:48

Just wanted your input really, just in case something came up that swayed me to a normal Switch beyond Joy-Con drift really
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 21:33

Sorry Mas, if you'd kept your original Switch you could've rigged it to play Halo 5, Stadia games, and stream anything on Steam As long as you don't mind all the hassle, the risk of bricking it and the cost of getting a premium SD card capable of making things run faster...

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 21:37

Even if those things were legitimate I wouldn't play any of it on Switch
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 22:05

Oh I know, wouldn't touch it with a barge poll either. It just made me chuckle that the Switch can technically run all this wacky stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 20:20

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 14:47

Noice! When I get my internet, I should definitely get on SMM2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 25 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next