We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 12:13

The_Jaster wrote:
Where's everything else? On the eShop waiting for you to take a chance on it.

That's my point of view. I know Nintendo are up to something and I'm interested to see what they've got coming out over the next few months and years, but we're getting battered up the arse with "everything else", and there'll never not be anything to play. I can hold fire.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 12:38

Nintendo also combined the handheld and console studios before Switch, didn't they? That right there is a big reason why the number of games being released has lowered. I'm with Buska 100 percent on the quality over quantity point he made on the previous page though and the quality of games we've had from Nintendo since 2017 has been outstanding and it just feels wrong for me to expect them to do more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 12:51

I've not said not been quality but most still been ports, I'm not counting Last of Us Part I or Gears Ultimate as PS4 & Xbox One titles as new experiences for those.

That why I'm asking where's the quality new experiences all I can think off that are absolutely top tier bangers is Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 14:07

Yeah, you know I'm not a fan of ports either but if we can be objective about it then stuff like this springs to mind instantly.

BotW
Mario Odyssey
Smash bros Ultimate
Splatoon 2
Animal crossing
Luigi's mansion 3
Tetris 99

Splatoon 2, BotW and Mario Odyssey were all out in the same year, most devs would kill to have an output like that over a 5+ year period let alone have all those games mentioned above be out in over 3 and a bit years. We have to remember it's people that make these games and not machines so it's perfectly normal for that output to slow down but it'll pick back up again so I honestly don't get the fuss of why you'd worry about it.
The last Nintendo release I got was Luigi's mansion 3 (I really should pick up Paper Mario soon) yet I'm not sitting here expecting them to have made more new games because I've honestly been perfectly happy with all the other games that are available. No doubt new games are great to have but I really think the gaming community has an issue only looking at what's the next new game and not stopping long enough to celebrate what we've had, maybe dig into that backlog you likely have or replay some of your old favourites.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 15:53

Well how many of those are from the same Dev teams and not Nintendo the publisher, the three you mention are from EPD but they do have multiple teams such as Anoma with his on Zelda.

I am playing my backlog or new things such as CrossCode which come to Game Pass elsewhere but I'd like to have something to get excited about on Nintendo but the last I don't know how many months between selling my Classic Switch because nothing to play and picking up a cheap Lite only been animal crossing, that I do feel justified getting that near £400 for my Classic and get a £145 Lite for what has been one game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 17:41

I don't see how it matters what studio it is within Nintendo but anyway.....

That's why I suggested you look out some eShop stuff because if you really want to get value out of your Switch lite purchase you would take the time to look for games you can enjoy now while you wait for Nintendo to announce the big releases.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 17:55

Well I could say Sony put out 5 games this year which is true but various studios, that was more the point and wouldn't be shocked if Japan Studio of there's puts out a few games quite quick for PS5.

Might be a odd game on the eShop that would interest me and if Switch was my only system maybe I would be looking for something but got games on other systems that I'd sooner play again which brings me back to buy Nintendo system for Nintendo games, hence why I had no issues with the small library as most Nintendo games of decent quality.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 19:28

*shrugs*

I don't know what else to tell you then because it just sounds like a problem you have created for yourself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:31

Maybe just being honest that Nintendo systems have always been for Nintendo games for me, which I've always had plenty to pick from even when having multiple consoles in the past
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 1:19

This conversation keeps coming up, mostly from Mas and Ballla, and every time I just don't get it. I have so many games on my Switch I want to play already and not enough time for it.

I think it comes down to two things; the games that are coming out are more universally to my taste, and the way I interact with games has changed.

I used to be someone who just played new single-player experiences, and who had a lot of time to spend on those games.

Now, I also happen to enjoy having a few forever games to dip into - multiplayers and score games and old favourites and so on. I also happen to spend time doing a lot of things other than games. The irony I've brought up a few times; I moved to Japan mostly because of my love for Nintendo, but since getting here I've discovered a love for hiking and travelling and exploring outside which means I rarely have time to play Nintendo.

I think I'm just done discussing this. Feel free to post that you're disappointed with Nintendo, and whatever negative feelings you have. I'm just gonna glide right over that stuff; I won't try to convince you otherwise or force my own positivity down your throats and you can just let me enjoy stuff. Unless you hear otherwise, assume I'm perfectly happy with my Switch experience.

I think Rob described me best a while back: he said I'm someone who has consciously chosen to be happy, and I think that's true. I'm very cynical about the world, but in my day-to-day life and my interaction with people, I choose to be positive and see the best. It wasn't always that way, and it wasn't easy, and I sure as hell don't expect anyone else to do it, but that's who I am. I'll do me and you do you.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:51

Top post Buska

Sorry to be so negative about it and bringing it up again why I'm not a Switch fan but always going to reply to Balla and his post. If you or others are enjoying it that's great, like I've said in the past and take CrossCode if your playing on Switch and I'm on Xbox One, it's more about the game then what system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 18:52

Yeah yeah alright, I was always going to die before you anyway. Pity those of us stuck in cities with no good walking routes for miles. As a result of that and lockdown, I'm probably gaming more than I have been in a good long while.

Also it might be worth me saying again that like many, and even with the lockdown boost, I've got no shortage of games to play on the eShop: I have a five-game backlog, a five-game wishlist, and Lucky arriving soon. Nothing can beat the excitement of a big single-player Nintendo game though, and that buzz is what I'm missing. We're all playing different indies and backlog games. Maybe I'll try and drum up some hype for the smaller games that look good, see how that fares.

The_Jaster wrote:
...Cadence of Hyrule to name a few off the top of my head. That last one still blows my mind a bit when I sit and think about it, as who ever thought Nintendo would let an Indie dev make a Zelda game?

Also, I forgot to say earlier: CoH wasn't for me, but I think it was a great idea and I'd love to see Nintendo doing more of this. It's the obvious solution to my gripe. Lack of resources? Give your IP to someone else! Modern games to too long to make because of having a higher fidelity baseline to meet? Not a problem for indies! I think this is its own existing thread so I'll save my specific ideas for there, but Nintendo's got a lot of IPs kicking around that are handheld-focussed that could be a perfect fit for some higher-profile indie teams.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 20:12

Aye that really would be a great idea! I've always fancied an action game set in the F-zero universe for example.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 10:31

Captain Falcon: Zip Lash. Razz

That said, although I'm sure that'd be good (and the anger if there wasn't a real F-Zero released onside would be quite amusing), I'm not even talking only about spin-offs.  I can't find that thread so I'll suggest some here.  What about giving:
  • Advance Wars to Subset Games, who did Into the Breach;
  • Wario Ware to the people behind Minit;
  • Rhythm Paradise to any of the myriad people who have done eShop rhythm games;
  • In an extreme example, Earthbound to Toby Fox?

There'd need to be some increased oversight, sure, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be less work and money for Nintendo, and none of those series need super HD graphics or 60fps.  Would also avoid Nintendo having to reinvent the wheel, which it seems to think it has to do sometimes.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 1 Aug 2020 - 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 11:14

I was thinking more along the lines of Captain Falcon: Bayonetta but okay.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 11:31

As in a sexy Captain Falcon game? It's about time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 14:39

I'll show you my moves if you show me yours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 16:57

Right

Advance Wars to Chuckle Fish, Wargroove

Another Code to Annapurna, They're a publisher but feel they'd know the right team to do another one of these

Cruis'n to AQUIRIS, Horizon Chase Turbo

Donkey Konga to Namco, the team that does the Taiko no Tatsujin series

Earthbound/Mother to either Toby Fox of Undertale or Studio Zevere who are doing She Dreams Elsewhere

Golden Sun to Radical Fish Games, CrossCode mainly as I'm playing it at the moment that could be a better dev out there maybe the team behind Octopath

Fatal Frame to Keiichiro Toyama, Not sure what Team Gravity at Sony are doing any more but if he's free then he'd be a decent choice as you're not getting Shinji Mikami

F-Zero to Shin'en Multimedia, FAST Racing Neo

Sin and Punishment to MegaPixel Studio, Panzer Dragoon Remake. They could also do StarFox but I'd sooner have a S&P game
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 22:52

masofdas wrote:

Also the team that does the Donkey Konga series.

Can we get an F-Zero spin off called "Falcon Punch" which is a narrative game where he plays a bartender.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 23:18

Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Also the team that does the Donkey Konga series.

Can we get an F-Zero spin off called "Falcon Punch" which is a narrative game where he plays a bartender.

Winner!

I was thinking of something alcohol related, but couldn't come up with the right line.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 7:05

Then you want the team behind either VA-11 HALL-A, Coffee Talk or Necrobarista or Red Strings Club
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 12:35

Not sure I'd trust the Fast Racing bods with F-Zero. The game was fine but a bit characterless. Also Chucklefish had some issues if I remember correctly with not being great to people. Another Code to Annapurna is a solid call!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 13:10

Chucklefish also had issues of their game not being that great, but y’know...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 13:15

Well I thinking of Devs that did games in that genre which were well received critically
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 14:00

I thought Fast RMX was alright. It looked pretty good. The vehicles were massive though and didn't feel right to me. Maybe the tracks weren't wide enough, but I never felt the sense of precision an F-zero game had.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 30 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next