We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch

Go down 
+12
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
EofGizmo
Muss
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 23:05

Ugh, it's not the same without the associated childhood misery.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 23:07

I do enjoy when posts that look bizarre without the context end up starting a new page of a thread. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 23:38

Ill do a trade, bud
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 20:47

Drunkalilly wrote:
HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU RED AND BLUE ARE THE BEST BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY COULD LEAVE TO THE IMAGINATION!

On the other hand, though, I probably will start using some Lets Go music in LLP. (You misacronymmed it to Luke Plays Pokemon again).

Hey, at least I mentioned it at all. Sulk

I'm not sure about 'better' either! But with the more simplistic graphics, the music had a bigger say in the tone of the piece, meaning that you didn't quite get the same tonal dissonance you do in Viridian Forest. If they'd made the graphics darker and the wild monsters more aggressive it would have absolutely dumped on the original version.

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'm going to need someone to trade with to evolve my Graveler at some point. Get ready.

Could arrange a trade sometime next week? But I'd need to get to the point where I have an alternative to offer first.

I've got about ten Pokémon on the (let's) go at the moment, and am rotating them often. Do that, and I'd say the game definitely isn't as easy as it's made out to be!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 22:15

Well, Drunka or Balla, I have a Graveler and I'm up for trading (and trading back) when you are. First come, first served. Drunka sounds more ready but Balla is more my-time-zoney. Who will win?!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 23:06

I think you should up the ante. They've got trade you a legendary Pokémon to be worthy of your soon-to-be Golem. It's only fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 15:48

I got to Vermillion City and caught a diglett to hrlp with Surge. Then I decided I dont want to beat him with a Diglett, I want to get my Cubone first. I went up to Cerulean to head East for Lavendar but I needed Cut. So I went back, did eberything on the SS Anne, then headed round to Rock Tunnel. Id planned to go all the way through but I caught Cubone in the tunnel. Onwards to Gym 3!

Rock Tunnel is gorgeous by the way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 16:38

I've got my Diglett. It's called Yamada, after the bloke who invented the original version of Whac-a-Mole.

I am of course planning to catch a second Diglett, which I shall trade for one with glorious hair. It's a shame you can only get the Alolans via trading though, meaning I can't carry over my naming convention.

The rival is also a shame.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 20:15

Surge leathered me a good five times, and the following Grass gym leader beat me even more times than that. I found Let's Go Pikachu to be quite hard going in the early part, but that was due mostly to having a team with Clefairy, Jigglypuff and a Mew with fairly poor stats. I'm doing better now though, with Pikachu, Garadyos, Clefable, Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Hitmonchan. I've just caught Snorlax, that's where I'm at. I'm looking forward to being able to transfer Pokemon from Go to Let's Go though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 22:00

When does Clefairy get a Fairy-type move?  I've been carrying one with me for ages because I had one in my first successful playthrough of... Yellow I think, but it's now a Fairy without any moves of its type! It can't learn Scald either, whereas I taught mine Bubblebeam. Aww! At least it's got Thunderbolt now.

Ivysaur, meanwhile, is hilariously good at this point in the game. Leech Seed + Sleep Powder = laughing all the way to the bank.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 22:56

Going through Rock Tunnel with flash is boring compared to how weird and gorgeous it looks without it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2018 - 22:36

Balladeer wrote:
When does Clefairy get a Fairy-type move?  I've been carrying one with me for ages because I had one in my first successful playthrough of... Yellow I think, but it's now a Fairy without any moves of its type!  It can't learn Scald either, whereas I taught mine Bubblebeam. Aww! At least it's got Thunderbolt now.

Ivysaur, meanwhile, is hilariously good at this point in the game.  Leech Seed + Sleep Powder = laughing all the way to the bank.

Clefairy learns Moonblast at around level 28ish, as I remember.

I've taken your advice about Ivysaur, and put it back in my team after swapping it out last night. My team is badly unbalanced though, and I'd quite like to change a couple of Pokemon about. Does anybody have any suggestions as to which ones to add?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 2:07

Hmm . . . maybe swap out that Hitmonchan for a psychic or a ghost, they're more useful overall. Seeing as you're already past Surge, there isn't much point with a rock or a ground type. My Charmeleon's days are numbered, as soon as I find the NPC for Alolan Marowaks I'm going all in on that good fire and ghost boy.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 9:01

I really like the sound of Alolan Marowak - I didn't even remember that there was an Alolan Marowak! I've look for that NPC too 👍
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 13:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Clefairy learns Moonblast at around level 28ish, as I remember.

Phew! Four levels to go. Then I'll shove a Moonstone down its throat.

Alolawak is definitely joining the team when I get one. Apart from anything else, it's that or Gengar for a ghost type, and I cannae evolve Haunter without a trade...

I liked the cut-scene before Rock Tunnel. Drunka's right, though: it looks like it might be easy enough to get through RT without Flash, and it's much more atmospheric that way!

'Secret techniques', though? Cripes...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:28

Better than HMs coming back. . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:49

Very true.

I have an Alolan Dugtrio now! Also it looks like this particular part of the game's only got darker. Good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 15:41

I never found I needed a mixed team as I would normally in a Pokemon game, Eevee being able to learn a move from its evolution chain made the game even easier and I reckon I could have gone the whole game pretty much just with Eevee.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 0:29

That's true of most Pokemon games but its not fun that way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 9:44

I'd argue it's more taking down a team of 6 Mon with one little Eevee *insert evil laugh*
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 11:13

I'm at Cinnabar Island, cracking on with a team of Pikachu, Mew, Clefable, Garaydos, Alolan Marowak and Alolan Muk. That's not that balanced, I think, and I'm losing more battles than I ever did in Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen. Still, I'm hoping to finish this before Smash, so I'll just push ahead (and get my arse kicked).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 12:06

Level 'em up a bunch through chaining and do it that way?  As far as I recall, a balanced team has always been rather optional in the originals (I'm hoping so since I want to include two Normal types in my final squad).  Speaking of which...

masofdas wrote:
I'd argue it's more taking down a team of 6 Mon with one little Eevee *insert evil laugh*

I think Pokémon, more than most other games, emphasises playing it any way you want.  This is definitely a valid way, given how OP the starters seem to be when Candied up.  As long as you're having fun!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 12:11

Yeah the starters are stupidly OP, it made the game fun in away but ridiculously easy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 13:51

I've got a Marowak, Alolan Marowak, Golduck, Alolan Sandslash, Vileplume and of course Pikachu. This is a team I can probably be happy with through to the Elite Four so I can crack on - I've only done the first three gyms! I would like to finish the main quest before Smash, but eventually I plan to finish the Pokedex and take the master rank with each 'Mon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 11:07

I've just got a Marowak of my own! With an Atk-Down nature. Sulk Into the trade system it goes...

I've just reached the Game Corner, and... it's been gutted, functionality-wise. There are a couple of areas where this sort of thing is noticeable, such as the Bike Shop (rideable Arcanine is not a fit substitute because it requires having an early-evolved Arcanine in my team) and the house of the man who owns Dux, but this is a pretty bad one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next