We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 7:45

Automata isn't better than Replicant, the only difference was that nobody played the original Nier so they were mad blown away by Automata. You'll enjoy it, but it's not gonna blow your mind.

Also can't believe all the sleeping on GoW here. I'm not feeling super excited because it's kind of felt out of reach for so long, but I know that is going to be absolutely phenomenal when I get my hands on it, plus it feels like the only big game out for the rest of the year
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 9:23

It took me a while to realise that you weren't talking about a new Gears of War there. Shows you how much I know. *goes back to sleep*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 9:46

We will see, I'm guessing because Automata is newer it have some QoL stuff with the combat being from Platinum and getting to play as three characters will be neat for the story.

GoWR, looks like more God of War that I'm in no rush to play like I wasn't with Horizon Forbidden West. Where Sonic out the same day could awful, but it's different and weirdly interesting because of the unknown.

Cappa they dropped the War part awhile go now for Gears, so next be Gears 6.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 9:37

As you saw on the previous page, Andy, there was plenty of talk about GoW. Primarily about how its less exciting than Splatoon.

Because I'm on strict spoiler avoidance, I haven't actually felt excited for Pokemon yet. When it gets closer, there will be merch and the kids will be talking about it and then I'll feel it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 10:19

Was going to say might be daft to say not as exited about GoWR as bit of a known quantity but am Pokemon, yet Pokemon have everything around it even simple things as which starter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 13:29

It's December 1st so time to look at 2023 games for all the platforms and still what piques my interest

Nintendo

Fire Emblem Engage. I've said elsewhere on the forum outside like the big ones such as Zelda, this is maybe my favourite Nintendo series and can't wait to see the returning characters for this anniversary celebration.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. I never played this on Wii, and I like Kirby games.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Okay not a game, damn that last trailer though, and now I want a new Mario game sort based on the Movie where Peach is like not a damsel in distress etc.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. It's Zelda init.

Pikmin 4. I'm guessing it be out in 2023 and same goes for Advance Wars.

The stuff we know about I'm keen for all of it, just a Direct in February be nice to give us a bit of a roadmap for 2023 would go down a treat.

PlayStation

The Last of Us. This is either going to be the best video game to TV things ever or utter pants.

Forspoken. Sometimes I see a trailer and go this looks really cool, then others I'm not so sure. I'd certainly want to see some reviews on it, first.

Horizon Call of the Mountain + PSVR2. Always like VR as a concept and seeing games like CotM coming to PSVR2 (Get Alyx) seems very cool, just the cost involved is off-putting. This is more I hope it does well, we see more VR games and people that do buy in have a great time.

Final Fantasy XVI. My most anticipated game of 2023 much like TotK, how often do we get mainline FF games, last being 7 years ago.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. If this comes out next year then this is my most anticipated game, even though Square has put out 35 releases this year I just can't see XVI and Rebirth both coming out the same year and a game as big as Rebirth coming out December 2023 (They said next winter that's Dec 23 to Feb 24) meaning it's either earlier like the big November PS5 game or it's the first big game of 2024 which I feel is more likely.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Been multiple delays and moved in house instead of Platinum, just when we do see it does look like it be a very good RPG.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2. We've not seen for ages, just if anyone can hit a date (okay a year) they've said it's Insomniac.

Silent Hill 2. They never said a date, but info afterwards seems like it is pretty far along.

Not a lot from PlayStation Studios as yet, feel much like Nintendo it might be let's talk about it all after PSVR2 is out sort of thing.

Xbox

Redfall. Arkane are a great studio that I have no doubt the core game will be great, just with being CO-OP focused can see us playing maybe once then trying to play again, and I'm in work or EofGiz is away. Then I got a feeling as it's in Game Pass and won't go anywhere, it could launch with a lack of content then added to over time based on other Xbox games.

Starfield. It's the big one, I may like it or may not as I've not played a Bethesda made Bethesda game since Fallout 3 which was utter pish though Morrowind and Oblivion both bangers.

Xbox is weird as we do know like everything everyone is working on, just stuff like Perfect Dark seems so far away that I feel it be a lot of cool indies and gets such as a Silksong & Wo Long for Game Pass more than anything.

Multiformat

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden. Both come out the same on all systems but in Game Pass for Xbox, yet I'm hoping we get some sort of physical double pack, then I'd be very tempted to get on Switch. Out of the two, I'm more keen on P3P as I've never given it a proper play.

Wanted: Dead. Looks very 2000's PS2 game in a good way, and I'm keen for an odd game here and there like that.

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line. Great on 3DS, more tracks and characters can only be a good thing.

Tales of Symphonia Remastered. Maybe the best Tales of game, just looks like a lazy port which is fine if like £20, yet it isn't. However, the game is still good, and I may decide to replay and pick up this when it is like £20 as I say.

Octopath Traveler II. I messed myself up on the first one, and did never go back to it, as your thoughts not great on it either. Just this year and I know different genre of RPG, enjoyed Triangle Strategy a lot and some degree Live A Live as well that certainly keen for my 2D-HD games.

Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life. Tad like Tales of Symphonia was great on GameCube and looks a bit of work has gone into it. Just, I've got a few farming sim RPG's sat unplayed already.

Alan Wake II. The first is great, even though a bit dated now from playing the remaster, though if Remedy can bring some Control to the table this be fantastic.

The Plucky Squire. One of the best things from Not-E3 this year.

Pragmata. The weird Capcom game that sort looked for a bit it was a Kojima game, meaning I was in from the trailers.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. The first was great, more of the same please.

Suikoden 1 & 2 HD Remaster Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars. Never played these Classic PS1 games and now I can in a nice double pack.

Very Japanese heavy but I know what I like and the Western stuff we know about such as Assassin's Creed Mirage I've got no interest in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 11:17

Triple Post but the first in 9 months, as after a Nintendo Direct and a State of Play where we do learn some 2024 dates etc I'm going through what I'm looking forward to (Is some maybes which I will miss off) post-October (As October thread will go up in a few weeks)

2nd Nov Star Ocean: The Second Story R Switch. I've still not played a SO game properly even with a million of them coming to Plus soon but this with the 2D-HD style look I'm super keen on
2nd Nov Thirsty Suitors Xbox Game Pass. Is one that if it wasn't on Game Pass would be a maybe but a weird Annapurna dating Scott Pilgrim-like RPG thing is something I will play
6th Nov Football Manager 2024 PC Game Pass. I will put so many hours into this yet at the moment not sure who I will manage first, any ideas?
8th Duke Nukem Collection 1 and 2 Evercade. Well as I have them pre-ordered they better go on this list
10th Nov Air Twister Switch. It's a weird Yu Suzuki Panzer Dragoon thing with giant geese, so of course it is a day one buy
17th Nov Persona 5 Tactica Xbox Game Pass. It is a shame it is the same day as...
17th Nov Super Mario RPG Switch. Though any other day P5T would be something I'm playing right away (And one I would buy if It wasn't on XGP) but now SMRPG is more likely to be played first

7th Dec Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Ubisoft+. An odd one as I've not even seen the second film and this just looks like Far Cry, but the bright colourful world of Pandora makes it look cooler than a Far Cry setting plus it's on Ubisoft+, that much like Thirsty Suitors if I had to buy it then doubtful it would be here.

Baldur's Gate III Series X. Yes I could play now on my PS5, just coming off Starfield, I don't want to jump into a big RPG already and I'm hoping it's like December where it has the whole month pretty much by itself.

16th Jan Alone in the Dark Series X. The short demo was fun and I do like these sorts of games.
18th Jan Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Ubisoft+. Now out of all the Ubisoft games coming till Star Wars this is the only one that I would buy not just use a service for.
19th Jan Another Code: Recollection Switch. Great game on the DS, like of my favourites and I do own the Wii one just never got around to playing and these look like a decent amount gone into them.
26th Jan Tekken 8 Undecided. Looks good, not sure on what I'll get it on as SF6 I got on PS5 and never played with the boys and MK1 I've got coming on XSX. I think this has cross-play that it doesn't really matter, and I will get for my Birthday.

2nd Feb Persona 3 Reload Xbox Game Pass. Like P5T, I would buy this but I will play via XGP though I feel bad for Granblue Fantasy: Relink out on Feb 1st as I've been looking forward to it for a while now but P3R is like same day and later in the month is another JRPG.
8th Feb Helldivers 2 PS5. Should be a right laugh
29th Feb Final Fantasy VII Rebirth PS5. And here's the other JRPG and my most anticipated game of 2024.

8th Mar Unicorn Overlord Switch unless announced for Xbox Game Pass later like a lot of Atlus games. What a silly silly name but the game itself likely will be a banger
22nd Mar Princess Peach: Showtime! Switch. Looked great at the direct.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD Switch. I will buy it, play it and enjoy it then go meh was just a remaster.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Switch. Looks like a great remake of a classic

Of course things like Avowed, Death Stranding 2, Metaphor Re Fantazio and more yes I'm excited for but unlike the Nintendo games with vague 2024 dates I have less faith in these being 2024.

And yeah, that's like 14 buying over what a 7-month period and 6 in services that I know about at the moment like TGS is a week away and then TGA is just a few months when be more details on things.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 13:30

I'm in the opposite boat to you Mas; I bloody love Avatar but I ain't buying that game.

I'm excited for Mario Wonder, of course, and Princess Peach Showtime. I'll have a good time with Wario Ware. I'm very keen to play SMRPG and PMTTYD.

More Pokemon DLC and Splatoon DLC and Elden Ring DLC will certainly tickle my pickle.

There are a few Indie titles I'm intrigued to try.

I also have lots of backlog games, Switch and PS4, bought or not yet bought, which I'm excited to get to.

I don't really feel mega-hyped for anything on the horizon, but also apart from key first-party Nintendo releases, I'm kind of okay with not being part of the get-hyped, play-it-day-one scene any more.

That said, a new Monhan might happen soooooon . . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 14:21

Buska wrote:
I'm kind of okay with not being part of the get-hyped, play-it-day-one scene any more.

That said, a new Monhan might happen soooooon . . . .

THIS.

Especially when I've got some heavy hitters like Bayo 3, Returnal, Demon's souls & NMH3 yet to play from my backlog.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 17:22

Avatar is pretty and all when I saw the first film but that's it.

More now a lot part from Nintendo is Game Pass which is day one but that's like the selling point.

Only Rebirth the true day one let's get hyped game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySat 16 Sep 2023 - 0:52

masofdas wrote:
Avatar is pretty and all when I saw the first film but that's it.

Best sci-fi action movies of the past 10 or 20 years. Amazing visuals, excellent action, cool monsters and a message that the world is still too stubborn to hear.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Sep 2023 - 22:10

I love being part of the "get-hyped, play-it-day-one scene"!  I still think that overall the joys I've got out of getting excited for games outweigh the disappointments I've had when games haven't lived up to the hype, and there's nothing better for me than when a whole bunch of people are actively playing and discussing a new game - possibly not even playing the game itself.  I'm an unapologetic slave to the discourse, me. Bounce

...which makes it all the more mediocre that there's nothing I'm actively excited for.  While I'm cautiously optimistic for Mario Wonder I've never really loved a 2D Mario so that puts the dampeners on that, WarioWare has been stuck in the 6/10s for a bit as a series, remasters and remakes are just that, and there are no phenomenal looking indies anywhere near.

The thing I'm most excited for in gaming might well be the Cassette Beasts DLC.  I mean, obviously it'll be the Switch 2 as soon as we know the first thing about it, but until then the Switch release schedule definitely feels like it's drifting a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:20

masofdas wrote:

Only Rebirth the true day one let's get hyped game.

Same here! Every trailer they drop has me getting more and more hyped. Other than that, there's nothing on the horizon that I've salivating about. Tekken 8 looks cracking, but I've always been more of a Street Fighter fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 19:11

With some chat in the Switch 2 Speculation Thread and elsewhere, post directs and other shows, this is what I can come up with that I have interest in with dates on Wiki. Part from March as we can talk about that in the newest release thread.

28th Feb Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake. I liked the OG version, if this is like £15 may check it out right away, though I can see it being like £30 which is too much.
28th Feb Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster. Again, all about the price point, though I’m sure these Night Dive games aren't that expensive.
29th Feb Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Still the big one and out pretty soon.

9th Apr Botany Manor. Mas ass Mas game.
23rd Apr Tales of Kenzera: Zau. Instead of Prince of Perisa, what about this from an indie via EA Originals.
26th Apr Stellar Blade. Want to see what the combat is like, as I hope it's not too soulsy.

2nd May Endless Ocean Luminous. One of the few games I played on Wii was Endless Ocean, and the idea of a bunch of peeps swimming around could be fun.
21st May Senua's Saga: Hellblade II. A big Xbox game and one I feel be a wee critical darling.

9th Sep Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2. Hoping this is like one of those really fun 7/10 sort of games, if you know what I mean.

Some games I missed this year that I don't know that much about, not like a Persona 3 Reload as I know what I'll get from that when I get to it? Any of you played any of these or have any interest in doing so?

Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore. Homage to CDi Zelda games, which I have played that I do some interest in this.
Banishers. This I think I will pick up soon after I play Rebirth and before the March 22nd Threesome.
Pacific Drive. Pretty new this one and the genres I'm not big on, yet I was watching a live stream of the game and had a Delia like character talking to you and actual objectives to move the story forward, which made me more interested in the game.
Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story. I know almost nothing about League, yet this looks like a neat little 3D Platformer adventure thingy.
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League. Mostly for morbid curiosity and it's going to be cheap soon or on Plus/Game Pass.
Ultros. Weird looking Metroidvania that has reviewed well.

Lot do have physicals, that a Pacific Drive could get in April when that comes out and if I don't like can sell it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10