We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 16:06

Balladeer wrote:
This should work Jim!

Thanks I hate it
I looked anyway:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 18:57

I spent a long time catching all of the fish to take to the otter chap, only to find out he won't buy them for a premium like Flick. Wotta swizz! DAMN YOU!

Having The Lady also playing this has really helped me get on with it. She's had a couple of high-cost islands so she's ahead of me on loan paying, but I've got an S-rank from the HHA (all the Bunny Day rubbish) and more stuff around my island!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:15

I thought he did pay more for the fish? Am I misremembering?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:25

He only seems to offer his 'Seasports' Rolling Eyes thing and the figurines.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:36

"Seasports" is the sort of pun that's right up your street, get out of here with your eye rolling. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:56

I've been easing off of Animal Crossing in recent times, but I'm still really looking forward to sorting out my island at some point. I'm logging in a lot still but not doing an awful lot.

I think the last major thing I did was create a strange Gandalf wanted sign Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:08

I just got my KK concert this morning before work. Lovely.

I haven't been playing as much as some folks, what with the day job and my immense popularity and sociability, but I have been dipping in much like I did with New Leaf and I adore this game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:48

Balladeer wrote:
He only seems to offer his 'Seasports' Rolling Eyes thing and the figurines.

You have to complete the seasports challenge and then he will buy fish for the rest of the day at a high price. They're really easy - it's like "catch 5 small fish in a row"

I swear every Balla complaint about this game is actually a feature he just hasn't got yet Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:51

Yeah, OrangeRakoon is right. You have to catch like 3 fish first and then he buys everything from then for 1.5x the price. Flick is less demanding, and catching bugs is easier, but it's still more cash than you'll get from Timmy and Tommy!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 17:20

Ah, I knew he bought fish at a higher price! Balla was trying to lead me astray. DAMN YOU!

Redd is a real shyster, isn't he? Great character - love his little sly cackles as he tries to hawk you counterfeit art.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 8:13

Apparently, it's pretty heavily implied that Redd swindled Tom Nook out of a lot of money when Tom started out, and that's why Nook gives out loans so easily now; he wants people to have the breaks he didn't.

Still, it is hard to resist his Del Boy charms.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 9:26

Still haven't found a haunted painting yet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:29

Patience, Shanks!  I have a grand total of two artworks.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I swear every Balla complaint about this game is actually a feature he just hasn't got yet Razz

I didn't actually consider the fish thing a big deal, but now that you've raised the subject please tell me when you unlock:
  • the recipes for unbreakable tools;
  • the functionality to craft multiple baits at once;
  • regular villagers who don't fall into one of the eight personality types;
  • actually interesting NMT islands;
  • the ability to prevent any peppy villagers moving to my island ever again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 13:11

Balladeer wrote:

the recipes for unbreakable tools;
You get golden tools eventually, but I actually think they still have breakability, unlike in older games, which is mildly annoying. I find that just through daily picking-up-what-I-see, I generally don't have trouble promptly replacing my tools. I also smartly positioned my kit right outside my hosue, which is in a central location.

Quote :
[*]the functionality to craft multiple baits at once;
I still haven't made one bait! Really, I think your modern lifestyle has damaged your sense of patience. It is a virtue, and it is the very essence of fishing. To sit by the shore, to hear the gentle sounds of the water, to use your one bait and then stroll leisurely to the DIY station . . . this is to fish.
Quote :
[*]regular villagers who don't fall into one of the eight personality types;
This is only a problem in your own brain! You don't get more than 8 villagers, the game is pretty good at not doubling up, and it shouldn't bother you what other people have. Zen is not to remove all desires, or all thought, as these are impossible goals, but to try to look at things without your own subjective opinions. When you achieve inner peace, you will not feel the need to compare yourself with those outside your own island.
Quote :
[*]the ability to prevent any peppy villagers moving to my island ever again.
I wonder if it is not really their pep which bothers you, but the lack of pep within yourself. Maybe instead of trying to ban peppy villagers, you should examine why you yourself are so full of salt, and try to replace it with some pepper.
Quote :
[*]actually interesting NMT islands;
No idea, they're shit, I stopped going after the first week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 13:25

Buskalilly wrote:
Maybe instead of trying to ban peppy villagers, you should examine why you yourself are so full of salt, and try to replace it with some pepper.

This was clever. Laughing

Buskalilly wrote:
You get golden tools eventually, but I actually think they still have breakability, unlike in older games, which is mildly annoying.

This is bad. You have to spend your nuggets on a tool that's eventually going to break? Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:30

The golden tools only last 1.5-2x longer, they aren't very good. Worth crafting once each for the nook miles stickers then never again - apart from the watering can which can make gold roses (I don't think any of the others have special effects although I only have the slingshot and watering can so far).

Really don't think durability is a problem in general though, crafting replacements is trivial and if you really don't want to you can just buy them.

Buskalilly wrote:
You don't get more than 8 villagers

You can have 10 tho

2 of them will have duped personalities, at least

Balladeer wrote:
actually interesting NMT islands

- Bamboo island
- Tarantula island
- Islands with rare flower colours

Early game the islands are way more useful because you can collect the different fruits and flowers, farm the rocks for more materials, catch bugs/fish more easily and find more fossils. They're then useful for finding villagers, and periodically become so again whenever someone moves out. They're basically a villager gacha at that point.

Otherwise they are lootboxes for a random furniture item and a DIY recipe, which I'm okay with, even if I do wish the rarer islands weren't so rare and that there was more variety to be had in appearance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:40

Honestly durability is my biggest problem with the game, because I can kind of see why the other things were done/kept as they were, but this is something that's actively been made worse between games to... what?  Justify the crafting mechanic?  Is that necessary when there are so many other things you can/have to craft?  Even so, why not make the golden tools permanent?  Surely by the time the player gets to that point they've mastered crafting?

It's not exactly a whopping great problem, like the villager issue always will be for me, but it's actually the one that aggravates me the most because it's just needless.

As for the islands, it probably doesn't help that I've only been to Bamboo Island out of the three and found that a bit crap.  (There's also Bell Rock Island which is a similar level of 'imagination' to bamboo island IMO.)  All the same, that's not exactly impressive.  The tropical island in New Leaf felt like you were going to a whole different place - these islands feel like procgen combinations of existing island tiles, and the fact that apparently they aren't makes them all the more disappointing and bewildering.  They had a chance to make this be a next step for the franchise I've always wanted: have frosty islands where you can find lingonberries and get the snowman furniture out of season, desert islands where scorpions roam and villagers like Ankha are more common, or proper dense jungles filled with new tree types and pitfall traps and rare items as treasures.  Instead they utterly stuffed it.  I'm not okay with them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 20:00

I don't mind the tools breaking - it keeps the crafting feeling relevant beyond making odd bits of furniture here and there. I've definitely slowed down on this now and have actually had a few days away from my island here and there. It's still fun to pick up and do the rounds and slowly but steadily form my island into the cosy hamlet I'd like it to be.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 20:03

Aha, well today is a day to not complain about islands! That was a bloody clever idea that was. I appreciate I'm not saying what "that" is, but I'm assuming everyone's played Animal Crossing today and had a go at "that". If not, YOU HAVE FOUR HOURS.

The breakable tools is a little bit annoying like in BoTW, in that I think "maybe not everything" but it's not too much of a deterrent. And now it's the first day of the month, there are new things to see and donate! Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 18:21

I really don't mind that tools break, even the golden ones. The regular level tools seem to last a session or two for me which is fine. I don't even mind that you can't craft multiple fish bait in one go. I'll never make more than five or so a day, and just use those 5 in areas I want certain fish to appear. If I get that rare fish, great, but it doesn't really matter if I don't. Otherwise fish are so abundant on the island that bait isn't really needed. I would like them to update the game such that the little clams stack in your pockets, but even then I'm not too bothered - just not great at item management. I'm pretty sure they'll introduce a new nook ticket which lets you fly over to Tortimer's at some point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyMon 4 May 2020 - 21:37

Aha, I think I get it. Mays... Maze... Maybe. (I think you had until today, Jim!)

Aye that was smart. A bit more of that and I might come around to islands - who knows? Also I was waiting for someone to bring up BotW re. the item durability and I do think that the fact it encouraged you to try out different weapons made it fun. No such luck here. Also they told you when it was about to break so you could do something last gasp with it - again, not so here.

Anyway, now is not a time to complain. Now is a time to GET ALL THE BUTTERFLIES (and then sell them (apart from on my island where it's been raining pretty steadily since the start of the month. Boo-urns)).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 12:49

I went to my friend Shana's island today and fucking hell, it was like playing a different game entirely. Paving, fences, organisation . . . it was more like a city from Pokemon than an animal forest.

It was impressive, but doing that to my island doesn't really appeal to me. The idyllic, rural, living-with-the-animals thing is part of the vibe, innit?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 19:05

Chiming in that the May Day event was great fun! Solid wee idea. Thumbs Up!

I've got some paths laid down in my town. I like the idea of growing my island from a wild jungle to a more civilized jaunt. Can't see the likes of KK Slider coming to perform in a field - that dog's got standards.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:39

I was hoping to see him at Glastonbury
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 EmptyWed 6 May 2020 - 11:20

That reminds me: can we give a round of applause to the custodian known only as Zelgerath, who has added K.K. Slider's lyrics to Lyrics.com.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next