We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty15/09/22, 02:28 pm

Buskalilly wrote:
The Xbox one has no online? Wild!

I guess the Nintendo Switch Online play being built into the app itself meant they didn't need to do any extra tinkering to get that working whereas they would have for Xbox. I would have thought it'd be something they'd try and go for though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty15/09/22, 11:54 pm

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
What I never knew you could play Red or Blue via the transfer pak whist playing Stadium, only ever transferred Mon.
It even had Doduo and Dodrio modes, AKA 2x speed and 3x speed, so if you were grinding Pokemon up for use in Stadium it was the ideal way.

Quote :
Did Stadium 2 also have it but for Gold & Silver?
I think so? I don't actually remember.

Quote :
Goldeneye will control how it did, especially as this is one of the selling points of the Xbox version that hey controls like modern games.
Fair enough, but even then, how well everything maps to the new controller can change things a lot. The N64 pad was weird, after all . . .

masofdas wrote:
Guess face buttons are the c buttons from the N64, till we play who knows maybe they have mapped them to the right stick.

Does feel like neither will be true definite version as Xbox will be the modernized one but no online, and Switch will be how it was but with online.

Just buy another NSO 64 pad and do this.  Winky Face

Joking aside maybe with that option already being there in the game it just defaults to that when you use a switch pro controller?

----

As for the whole online thing I think every format would've had that if this had happened.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty16/09/22, 12:13 am

As Jay pointed out all NSO games have online and thinks it's local basically, why be the 4 splitscreens when playing.

Where guess if it was on Xbox, it would be like any other shooter now and I'd just see my screen.

Then of course speculation this all part of of the deal between Nintendo and Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty16/09/22, 08:58 am

I played F-Zero X online and considering my opponent was on the other side of the planet, it looked and played just fine. The sound was absolutely fucked though, on my end at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty16/09/22, 04:40 pm

Aye, I don't mind that it's split screen at all for online as you're basically keeping the charm of the original.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty16/09/22, 05:51 pm

Neither do I, just the difference with emulating those systems.

Bunch of Mega Drive announced, Beyond Oasis is a more action Zelda like thing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty18/09/22, 04:11 pm

Goldeneye's great and all, but not enough of all y'alls are talking about Pilotwings 64. It can't be overstated how much better it is than the SNES version (and in fact the weird 3DS versions etc. after it). In fact all those N64 games are so much better than Dr. Mario 64 and Operation Winback, I'm kind of amazed at their nerve to not front-load it with all the best games. Licensing's a tricky thing innit.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty19/09/22, 09:24 pm

Definitlely up for Pilotwings & to be honest I think I'm more interested in playing Excitebike 64, always heard good things but I've never actually played it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty06/10/22, 10:31 am

I've only played Pilotwings Resort (and apparently I don't remember it well) so I should really give the SNES and N64 games a proper go.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty08/10/22, 12:02 pm

I assume all y'all saw the trailer they dropped for Pilotwings 64? I mean... yeah I suppose
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty09/10/22, 12:19 pm

Holy shit, is that Muss?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty09/10/22, 12:55 pm

I wasn't sure but this seems to have reminded me, we never got an N64 game for September, poor show when they're already added so slowly and the next two months at least will both be Mario Party games. Anyway Pilotwings, I should play that, think the only game in that series I ever played was Buska's favourite 3DS game Pilotwings Resort.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty10/10/22, 07:39 pm

I'm shocked that Nintendo is handling its virtual releases suboptimally! Shocked!

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Fry
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty11/10/22, 03:28 pm

Jimbob wrote:
I assume all y'all saw the trailer they dropped for Pilotwings 64? I mean... yeah I suppose

This should be the format for all their trailers moving forwards. And I don't just mean the NSO games, but the likes of Tears of the Kingdom too.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty11/10/22, 04:44 pm

Oh wow, I watched that without the sound last time and completely missed out Shocked it also makes the Muss comment make more sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty11/10/22, 07:49 pm

That voiceover got my nipples harder than fitbaw studs.

My old Pilotwings 64 cart was one of the first games I finished when we hurtled into lockdown in 2020. I think it’s an interesting game that manages to be as relaxing as it is infuriating. The rage it induces can probably be offset by Switch Online’s save states though. I hope it makes some new fans on Switch Online.

I’m interested in giving it a go when it’s out this week – there’s chat about an increased framerate. That’s how it looks in the video anyway, and that should make it easier to play and control.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty11/10/22, 11:46 pm

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

This should be the format for all their trailers moving forwards. And I don't just mean the NSO games, but the likes of Tears of the Kingdom too.

Is it just me or does that have big Warioware "form baton" vibes to it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty14/10/22, 10:53 pm

I too hadn't heard the VA until recently. Half-expected that chap to try and sell me Old Spice rather than a Nintendo game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty22/10/22, 02:20 pm

Buskalilly wrote:
Holy shit, is that Muss?
Ha! I can hear that. Except he'd probably say something off-model like "Fleeeeeeens" at the end

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
there’s chat about an increased framerate.
This would appear to be true. But also potentially with a cost: it looks like some of the interaction's based on framerates and may not have been compensated for, and I think people are having to do a lot more flapping in birdman mode.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty24/10/22, 06:33 pm

I’d played some of the Birdman mode a couple of weeks ago and I thought it controlled differently from how I remembered. The rest of the game is definitely improved though. Save states are a positive game-changer, and the cleaner look and faster gameplay make it a lot more appealing too.

The first two Mario Party games are around the corner too. I haven’t played the first one in a long time but I played through the second one at the start of lockdown. It might be the high point of the series and that's high praise - don’t subscribe to that pishy American YouTube perspective, Mario Party has generally been good for the last twenty-odd years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty25/10/22, 11:04 am

Mario Party is great fun. Sometimes it gets screwy with the winners at the end, but if you already feel like you were the rightful winner, what does it matter if the game says someone else won? People who dislike Mario Party really just hate themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty13/11/22, 01:04 pm

Mario Party 1 has already been a big hit with the family, because of it's randomness mind! A bit disappointing how many of the games were repeated for the sequel though. But a good laugh.

Also - Pilotwings 64... I'm either actually good at a videogame or a lucky bastard - I got a couple of 100s first time. Might be muscle memory I suppose...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty29/11/22, 12:46 pm

We gave Mario Party a try last week. I think the combination of a pretty annoying board and some excruciating lag (partly Nintendo's shoddy online, partly playing with someone on the other side of the planet) meant it was a rough experience.

Still, that classic Mario Party bullshit still sank its teeth into us with how the game panned out - perhaps a smoother online experience and trying one of the more exciting boards in Mario Party 2 would be a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty29/11/22, 02:32 pm

I saw that was happening! I was wondering how it'd turn out. I guess the Super Soccer tournament is a no-go then!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty29/11/22, 11:36 pm

I reckon it would have been significantly different if I weren't there, so maybe don't write it off just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 19 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next