We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 12:16

GBA is one of those things afterwards I do think what if we get X or Y come over and more excited to see that than NES or SNES stuff, like didn't the GBA get three F-Zero games?

Do we think anything in Nintendo suddenly bringing out two Metroid games this year, especially seeing one they've been sat on for like 18 months?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 19:35

Ah heck, if it isn't my gaming guilt pursuing me. I tried Fusion on the Wii U I think and never got very far, because (stop me if you've heard this one) it felt old. That said, I've recently been enjoying a GBA Castlevania. Maybe the time is right for another shot at this? (Another charge shot, ho ho ho.)

masofdas wrote:
GBA is one of those things afterwards I do think what if we get X or Y come over and more excited to see that than NES or SNES stuff, like didn't the GBA get three F-Zero games?

It did. They were very odd. One did away with the entire slate of established characters, only for those to come back in GX. The other two seemed to be based off an anime. I get the feeling Nintendo would like to pretend they don't exist. (Of course, one could argue that they would like to pretend F-Zero as a whole doesn't exist...)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 7:20

One of the two anime ones did release in the west. The first one, which did away with the characters, basically doesn't have characters. It feels like a sequel to the SNES game in a universe where X never existed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySun 12 Mar 2023 - 9:56

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Butter my arse and call me a biscuit, I just had the thought that Rhythm Tengoku could someday find it's way onto the Japanese GBA app.
GASP!

That AND Go Go Beckham?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 7:41

I quite like Go Go Beckham! Alongside Space Station Silicon Valley and, er, Kinect Star Wars, it’s solid proof that Scotland was the base for all of history’s greatest games.

~

New updates, including the first SNES game for nearly ten months:

I’ve trumpeted Side Pocket before, it’s a top game for top shaggers with an amazing jazz soundtrack. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom isn’t out for another 55 days, but I feel that Nintendo are best to delay it. The public needs time to ingest, savour and reflect upon Side Pocket.

Burgertime Deluxe is very welcome too, I enjoy it more than the original arcade game. The Japanese box art is a thing of beauty if you want to search for that and receive a nice surprise. Kirby’s Dream Land 2 was one of those games I hunted all over for pre-internet and before I knew about emulation – I don’t think I’ve ever seen it physically, but I’ve got it on 3DS Virtual Console and it’s well good. Weirdly, I just took a notion to Xevious a few weekends ago. I woke up in the morning saying ‘you know what I fancy playing? Xevious.’ and so I completed it through one of those Namco Museum compilations. It gets a bit samey after about 3.7 seconds.

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 10:03

I quite like Go Go Beckham! Alongside Space Station Silicon Valley and, er, Kinect Star Wars, it’s solid proof that Scotland was the base for all of history’s greatest games.

That's reminded me of Denki Blocks, because I have a little compartmentalised memory of reading in a magazine - possibly NGC, I can't remember that much - that the studio were based in Dundee. I never had it but I would like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 12:49

Rum wrote:

That's reminded me of Denki Blocks, because I have a little compartmentalised memory of reading in a magazine - possibly NGC, I can't remember that much -  that the studio were based in Dundee. I never had it but I would like to see it.
It was disappointing that no-one on the Scottish heats of Great British Menu made a tribute to Denki Blocks this year. Actually I fell off it quite quick - I thought it would be a charming thing for the GBA, but it became a bit difficult too quickly. Having said that I say that about all puzzle games that aren't Tetris or Puyo Puyo (I can't f***ing do Puzzle League/Panel de Pon at all) do maybe it's actually I'm stupid.

I’ve trumpeted Side Pocket before, it’s a top game for top shaggers with an amazing jazz soundtrack. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom isn’t out for another 55 days, but I feel that Nintendo are best to delay it. The public needs time to ingest, savour and reflect upon Side Pocket.
Agreed - the only game that's topped it is... Monkey Billiards.

Weirdly, I just took a notion to Xevious a few weekends ago. I woke up in the morning saying ‘you know what I fancy playing? Xevious.’ and so I completed it through one of those Namco Museum compilations. It gets a bit samey after about 3.7 seconds.
Also agreed - if you're going to play this, actually play Pop n Twinbee instead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 23:33

I have an interest in Xevious just because Satoshi Tajiri and the folksa t Game Freak were big fans back when they were making a fanzine. Every time I play it, I feel like "I get it" after yeah 3.7 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2023 - 10:56

I assume we're all playing Fifa 23 this week then?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2023 - 12:05

FIFA 23 GNAMER Championship?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Mar 2023 - 20:05

Reckon we'd have to play first goal wins to get it done in a week.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 19:57

I downloaded FIFA 23 with the sincere thought that I’d enjoy playing a season of it as a free Game Trial, but the gameplay is so ancient and uneventful that playing matches is the absolute lowlight. I don’t think FIFA 17 on the PS3/360 was regarded as a high point for FIFA games, so how it’s been trotted out for a seventh time is inexplicable madness.

You can go back to just about any FIFA game and find something that makes it stand out against the others, but these Legacy ones of Switch just have nothing at all to offer from a gameplay perspective.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 21:02

I've still got my FIFA 17 cart, and if I feel an overwhelming urge to play a football game with Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min instead of Peach and Mario, that's what I fire up
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2023 - 20:25

The legacy editions are just silly by this point, I'll say one thing for it though, after playing a good amount of FIFA 23 it isn't a million miles away from that with its gameplay. That probably says more about how stagnant the series is than anything good about this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 25 Mar 2023 - 14:38

I'm surprised they bother making the Legacy versions in 3D even, and aren't using Fifa 96 from the SNES.

Oh, but: one game that is technically a "legacy" version from the SNES: Sim City. I reaaaaally wish that'd come to the Switch Online service. Although it's archaic compared with Sim City 3000 (or "all hail the spirtual successor" Cities Skylines) it's different enough to make it feel like a different game rather than an outdated one. And also I played it for hours but never got to Megalopolis level without the money cheat, so would like to see if I can actually do it properly now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 25 Mar 2023 - 18:17

Buskalilly wrote:
I've still got my FIFA 17 cart, and if I feel an overwhelming urge to play a football game with Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min instead of Peach and Mario, that's what I fire up

That Tottenham squad can’t have changed much since FIFA 17 either. Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Hugo Lloris, Rafael van der Vaart, David Bentley…was Ossie Ardiles still playing for Spurs then?

Jimbob wrote:

Oh, but: one game that is technically a "legacy" version from the SNES: Sim City. I reaaaaally wish that'd come to the Switch Online service. Although it's archaic compared with Sim City 3000 (or "all hail the spirtual successor" Cities Skylines) it's different enough to make it feel like a different game rather than an outdated one. And also I played it for hours but never got to Megalopolis level without the money cheat, so would like to see if I can actually do it properly now.

I went rooting about for Sim City on the Wii U Virtual Console the other day! Whereas other modernly-available simulation/strategy games from that era are just too complicated (I'm particularly thinking about Uptopia: Creation of a Nation and Mega-Lo-Mania here), there's just something about Sim City that appeals to me so much more, making me think that I'd stick with it for a lot longer. It's not available on Wii U though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 25 Mar 2023 - 21:18

Jimbob wrote:
I'm surprised they bother making the Legacy versions in 3D even, and aren't using Fifa 96 from the SNES.

I would actually really love that, re-release them EA you cowards!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 13:26

Pokémon Stadium is out now, with the rental teams etc I'm not that bothered about maybe the min games be cool then I feel if we get online for that then we may as well play Mario Party.

Did start Metroid Fusion last night, just done Zone 2 and liking a lot maybe more than Prime as it does stuff like a bit of story with cutscenes, AI Adam etc and I do feel the Metroidvania genre is better in 2D.

Still, I could have finished three Metroid games soon thanks to the Switch and be ready for Zero Mission to be the fourth.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023 - 20:00

Pokémon Stadium is such a weird addition, sure the mini games are nice but they'll last 10 minutes then all you've got is generic battles with generic Mon, the fact that we're gonna get another month taken up by Stadium 2 is so dull.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023 - 21:10

I've been looking forward to it being added. The minigames are great fun in multiplayer mode - could be something I play online but the inherent input lag might suck. It's a shame there's no way to transfer your own pokemon from anywhere, but I remember the singleplayer battle challenges being decent fun.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 9:08

masofdas wrote:
liking a lot maybe more than Prime as it does stuff like a bit of story with cutscenes, AI Adam etc

You might be literally the only person on Earth who lists that as why one of those games is better than the other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 9:36

Also boss fights, those been good in Fusion
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 19:06

Treesmurf wrote:
Pokémon Stadium is such a weird addition, sure the mini games are nice but they'll last 10 minutes then all you've got is generic battles with generic Mon, the fact that we're gonna get another month taken up by Stadium 2 is so dull.

This. It's super-stupid that there's no way to connect up the Game Boy Pokémon games to these. Maybe they'll add that in a later update? Right now this seems eminently pointless. (And the minigames in 2 were better anyway, epic Lickitung combat aside.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 18:57

I played through it at the start of lockdown and typed up a two billion word long review for it in the retro reviews thread, essentially saying that it wasn't up to much as a standalone thing. Without a storyline, an adventure to embark on or any RPG elements it's definitely a bit weak. It's maybe the only N64 Switch Online game so far that I'd say isn't a must-try.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 15:37

The thing about Pokémon Stadium is that it essentially exists to be postgame for the Game Boy Games. Pokémon Stadium 2 in particular is the only way to actually get any challenge for a second gen team.

I hold out hope the Game Boy collection will get Pokémon and there will be some capacity to link them up. Or at the very least, we'll get an SP version with teams included or that pretends there are GB games connected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next