We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)

Go down 
+12
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Gwyn400
beemoh
Admin
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
fronkhead
Axis1500
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) Empty
PostSubject: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySat 23 Feb 2013 - 20:14

Go to the front page of www.nintendo.co.uk - or any European equivalent. Hover over the Wii button. The option for Wii Mini appears underneath. No page currently exists though.

Is confusing the market further really a good idea at this point?

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) Wiimini

Last edited by Axis1500 on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 21:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 1:45

Gah, I sure hope not.

Consumers lose out with the Wii Mini, and while it may be competitively priced in other European countries, I have a feeling that here in the UK the Wii Mini won't be that much cheaper than a regular Wii, just because of how much discounting goes on among retailers.

You could get a Mario Kart Wii bundle for £85 at Morrisons which came with the game and a Wii Remote Plus and Wii Wheel, for example...

Edit: Just looked at the Wii bargains thread over at NGamer and it was £75...blimey that's good value
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 2:53

The **** is the point of this? Making Nintendo a "quick buck", I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 8:21

Well, I was going to say what Balla said, only perhaps a bit more politely. The Wii is over; Nintendo themselves say they've nothing in the pipeline for it. At this stage it's all about cash but it's an ugly way to get more, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:26

I can't remember if this still has an SD slot on it or not, if it does appear over here & has an SD slot I'll probably get one as my launch wii is making some right old loud creaky noises.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:49

The_Jaster wrote:
I can't remember if this still has an SD slot on it or not, if it does appear over here & has an SD slot I'll probably get one as my launch wii is making some right old loud creaky noises.

Prepare to see all your Wii games in Horrendous-o-Vision, then: you can't use anything better than the standard cables that came with the original Wii. No comp cables for you, sir. Aww!

Axis is right: the Cletus and Brandines of the buying public don't even know the difference between Wii and Wii U, never mind chucking Wii Mini into the mix.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:05

Stu_the_great wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Prepare to see all your Wii games in Horrendous-o-Vision, then: you can't use anything better than the standard cables that came with the original Wii. No comp cables for you, sir. Aww!

I always used the original cables with my wii anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:09

The_Jaster wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I always used the original cables with my wii anyway Very Happy

Shocked

I hooked my old Wii up via the standard cables when I replayed Sonic the Hedgehog a few weeks back, and it almost made my eyeballs explode.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 19:39

And just like that, the Wii Mini option has been removed.
Mistake? Future plan revealed too soon? Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Wii Mini confirmed for UK release - 22 March   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 12:25

Sigh.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wii-mini-gets-confirmed-uk-release-date/0111460

And Nintendo's website already creating potential confusion.

Quote :

The Wii mini console does not connect to the Internet and does not support online features in games. Compatible with Wii software and most Wii accessories. Internet connectivity features are not available. The Wii mini console is not compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs or accessories. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. ©️ 2012 Nintendo

MENTION THAT IT CAN'T PLAY WII U GAMES!!!!
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:16

(bangs head against wall repeatedly)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:22

Pointless. There's no new games coming out for it, and even on second hand it'll be an arse to get hold of anything.

That being said, if I ever went back to that job where we played the hacked version of Brawl at lunch, it'd be a useful throwaway console to leave there...
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:33

If I ever buy another Wii I'd get the Wii Mini. I love the colours, no more annoying fingerprints and best of all: A flip top lid.
PS1 had a flip top lid, it was awesome. PS2 slim had a flip top lid, it was awesome. Gamecube had a flip top lid, it was awesome. If people had a flip top lid, easy access for brain surgery. If jars had flip top lids, no more struggling to open them. Got no friends? find something with a flip top lid, move it like a mouth, instant best friend.
Flip top lids are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:51

I know what I'm getting you for your birthday.

(Not a Wii Mini. Just a flip-top lid.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:57

*Gnamer the goblin decided to eat this post*

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 14:15

Or put it in the news thread?
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 14:19

The_Jaster wrote:
Wii mini aside for a second, Axis, couldn't you have just updated your other wii mini thread?

LOL. Sorry, I'm used to another gaming forum's "New news - new thread" rule Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 15:32

I can merge them when I get home!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 17:58

If this gets a new generation of people into gaming, then that's cool with me. This'll be aimed at folk who weren't even alive back when the Wii launched in 2006. No harm done by the Wii Mini.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 19:37

I still hold to my conspiracy theory that Nintendo only came up with this to get rid of some component or other that they had an excess of but that isn't usable in any of their other devices.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 23:08

If I were a WiiWare developer, I'd be very annoyed.

Very more annoyed. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 23:27

ZeroJones wrote:

Good point. After the disappointing implementation of Wii Mode for Wii backwards compatibility (done presumably to ensure a consistent Wii U and Miiverse experience, though I can't see why they couldn't just have a page to the left of the home menu that had bootable Wii software) this seems like the next nail in WiiWare's coffin.

Really hope Retro City Rampage does well when it launches...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 12:56

sporkhead wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Good point. After the disappointing implementation of Wii Mode for Wii backwards compatibility (done presumably to ensure a consistent Wii U and Miiverse experience, though I can't see why they couldn't just have a page to the left of the home menu that had bootable Wii software) this seems like the next nail in WiiWare's coffin.

Really hope Retro City Rampage does well when it launches...

It's strange that they didn't do that. Because you just know on 720 they'll just have xBox Live Arcade and it'll be a straight continuation with full backwards compatibility- it'll be 360 that isn't compatible with new XBLA games rather than the other way around, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 18:47

Jimbob wanted to contribute to the opinions detailed in this thread, but could only sob in agreement.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 20:00

I've tried to do my Good Deed for the week and explain on the Amazon product page that this is probably the worst of all Wii options and won't play Wii U games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Wii-Doesnt-work-games-/forum/FxFAPPJLACMZ09/TxSLKPFH9NB77W/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00B7GME9Q

Of course, technically there's far more than three models available if you include the Wiis that play GameCube games, but I didn't want to confuse things further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: