We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 21:47

If anyone's cigarette smoke is blown in my direction, I will very blatantly waft the stink away with my hand and cough violently.

I will also do the same to blOOOOOOOOOOOOkes on the Tube who lean back in their seat in the most obnoxious pose with their legs wide open, ostensibly to show how "manly" they are. Like this douchebag.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 69b07b85fa0aa2d970bd95da58fca733
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 3:15

That is what we call the bogan down here
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 10:22

nupkin wrote:
If anyone's cigarette smoke is blown in my direction, I will very blatantly waft the stink away with my hand and cough violently.

I will also do the same to blOOOOOOOOOOOOkes on the Tube who lean back in their seat in the most obnoxious pose with their legs wide open, ostensibly to show how "manly" they are. Like this douchebag.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 69b07b85fa0aa2d970bd95da58fca733

What about people who roam the streets without a top on. Nobody wants to see how weedy you are Tongue
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 14:24

Putting in a CD to rip only to find nobody has entered its data in to freedb and it's over 40 tracks long. Hooray for having to tag a CD that long. I wouldn't care if it was only a dozen or so tracks, but forty six? And that was only the first disc of two. Meh
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 23:23

At the risk of getting myself fired, some of the utterly tragic businesses I have to write websites for at work.

This one I did is an 'Amusement Arcade', which means 'a room full of fruit machines'

So the first thing, this is why we don't have proper arcades any more. Which is, let's face it, a huge disappointment.

Worse than that, is their USP. The big thing they're selling themselves on: free drinks.

But, unlike in Vegas where they get the beers in for you so you feel like you're a real high roller or you're James Bond or something, this is free tea and coffee. Which, rather than being bought to you by a glamourous waiter/ess, you have to get for yourself out of the machine.

Oh, and it's all 10p slots, so the jackpots are the life-changing sum of five entire pounds.

But I'm blowing that up a little bit, making it seem silly- I've just watched Charlie Brooker on the telly and want to steal his 'fake outrage' act a little. You know what's the worst thing? Something that's legitimately upsetting?

They've got a little area in the corner full of kiddies' rides, like you occasionally see outside the supermarket.

Somewhere to leave the kids and keep them quiet so they don't bother you while you try and win five fucking pounds on the fruit machine.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 23:28

Athrun888 wrote:
Putting in a CD to rip only to find nobody has entered its data in to freedb and it's over 40 tracks long. Hooray for having to tag a CD that long. I wouldn't care if it was only a dozen or so tracks, but forty six? And that was only the first disc of two. Meh

On a similar more, when I put a CD in to burn and iTunes has me identify between two identical names. Is this "The Next Day - David Bowie" or "The Next Day- David Bowie"?

Which one so I click? I'm always worried I'll go wrong and get the German names or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 May 2013 - 15:59

New thing that pisses me off. Going to sleep a few hours later than usual and sleeping for 14 hours and waking up in the evening.

I blame Fire Emblem! But that arc with Walhart was just so awesome, I just had to finish it before bed.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 21:08

Job ads which say "Requirements: X Amount of experience" then when you apply they tell you you actually need half as much again and they were only looking to interview 'superstars' with that level of experience.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 22:39

Nepotism is far, far worse. That, friends networks and sexism. Diddled by each, too many times.

That said, the 'lack of experience' thing is a load of mince - I've applied for jobs with a blend of experience that there's no chance in hell any of the other candidates has had - at different times I've worked in employability, admin, technological support, audiology, policy and research, fundraising, campaigning, guidance support, retail, hospitality, telecommunications and joinery. Not saying I'm the bee's knees - far from it - but 'you don't have experience'...acht.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 0:31

My housemates not telling me stuff. Like for example why we have no hot water at the moment
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 7:34

shanks wrote:
My housemates not telling me stuff. Like for example why we have no hot water at the moment

You need to get a girl to marry you and have a proper life Grin
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 13:41

Increasingly, employment in general.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 14:26

oldschool wrote:
shanks wrote:

So help me I do Love :affraid:
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 15:30

The word 'Aerial'.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyFri 31 May 2013 - 21:54

sporkhead wrote:
People turning up to a scheduled event late. Far more annoying if they are friends.

Maybe I ought to quote this again:

sporkhead wrote:
People turning up to a scheduled event late. Far more annoying if they are friends.

There we go.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 1:24

shanks wrote:
oldschool wrote:
shanks wrote:

So help me I do Love :affraid:

If I can find a girl and be in that relationship for 36 years and still going, then anyone can!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptySat 1 Jun 2013 - 1:30

Balladeer wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

Maybe I ought to quote this again:

sporkhead wrote:

There we go.

I was a bad, bad boy that day. Still am very sorry about turning up late.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 21:41

So I might have ranted about this in previous posts, in which case forgive me, but I bloody hate ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and generally the wearers who have squeezed their vacuous little feet into them. Why would you be stupid enough to do that to yourself?!? "What are feet for? Walking you say. Oh really? Well why don't I go and don a pair of vile torture instruments that render me unable to so much as totter around?"

Of course, it's probably my fault for not being "cool" and "street cred" enough to know how to get around in them comfortably. Even those "ballet pump" things make my feet blister and I keep my (as sensible as I could get) work shoes at work, to the point where I will put my trainers back on to go round the corner and get my lunch. I guess I just hate footwear that makes an otherwise intelligent woman look unable to be taken seriously. In an age where females are slowly but surely getting top positions on Boards, this is regressive behaviour to me.

Rant over. Phew!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 21:54

sporkhead wrote:

I'm a ridiculously strict timekeeper ordinarily, but one of my best friends made a joke of me being a few minutes late one time long ago, and ever since I've kept the tradition of being approximately five minutes late to any gathering just to annoy him. Laughing

Back on topic:

To mirror NintenDUCK's earlier rant: I too hate seeing men who should clearly eat more, wandering around showing off every rib on an otherwise pleasantly sunny day. You haven't been able to move for that sight over the weekend, and each time it makes me wonder what on earth they must think they look like. Funny how you hardly ever see chaps with admirable pysiques doing the same thing, eh? Which would then lead me onto a tirade about attention-seeking dungheads.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 10:50

Perhaps that explains why one friend of mine always arrives around 5-10 minutes late... xD

Lazy videogame ports. When a game emerges on another, more powerful platform inferior to the original, that always gets me ranting.

Latest offender: Ace Attorney HD. It's like they didn't even try.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 11:39

nupkin wrote:
So I might have ranted about this in previous posts, in which case forgive me, but I bloody hate ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and generally the wearers who have squeezed their vacuous little feet into them. Why would you be stupid enough to do that to yourself?!? "What are feet for? Walking you say. Oh really? Well why don't I go and don a pair of vile torture instruments that render me unable to so much as totter around?"

Of course, it's probably my fault for not being "cool" and "street cred" enough to know how to get around in them comfortably. Even those "ballet pump" things make my feet blister and I keep my (as sensible as I could get) work shoes at work, to the point where I will put my trainers back on to go round the corner and get my lunch. I guess I just hate footwear that makes an otherwise intelligent woman look unable to be taken seriously. In an age where females are slowly but surely getting top positions on Boards, this is regressive behaviour to me.

Rant over. Phew!

As the father of 2 girls, I could not agree more. I am pretty sure I have ranted about the same subject several hundred times. It will damage your spine. It will significantly increase your chances of tripping and potentially killing yourself. Why would you do that?

Confession time though, as a teenager, in 1974, at the height of the platform shoe era, I did wear 5" shoes. I was taller then than I am now. Luckily the trend only lasted about a year or so.

Also, why we are ranting about high shoes on women, I also hate that young women are nothing but fashion victims, who wear clothes that are completely unsuited to the weather. Seeing girls with their midriffs showing, crop tops and muffin top jeans and a light top, with open shoes, in the middle of winter is just crazy. They are constantly adjusting themselves are parts risk falling out and they hunch over, trying to stay warm. It is mindless behaviour at its worst.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:29

Feeling a sense of general gloom to the point you don't even want to get out of bed, or just want to go to bed regardless of the time. And said gloom making it impossible to even feel like doing anything, like play games or work on any projects.

Granted feeling like this isn't making me angry right now, but I'm going to look back on today tomorrow and resent the lacking of continuing Assassin's Creed and generally getting on with various things.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:34

I'm feeling like that myself at the moment due to work crap again (Like my hours being cut by 10 to 12)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 20:25

Sleeping an entire day, only to be woken up with a nightmare. The nightmare involving the old bullies from high school. For $#@%s sake I haven't been to HS in over seven years, yet I STILL have damn nightmares about it. I haven't even thought about the place or the people since I left, yet always without fail there they are to torment me some more.

The worst part is they weren't even that bad. I thought I got over all this garbage and come to terms with them before I left, but apparently my subconscious clearly hasn't got the memo. I want the nightmares about being chased up a slide by a evil fox with horrible looking fangs or the world collapsing in to a black hole with me trying to escape by running back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 20:37

I dream about my ex-girlfriend occasionally. Not sexy dreams, you understand. Awful dreams.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next