We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 16:35

If we had to share a household it would run like clockwork Grin
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 18:19

The current Australian government. Well actually I'm more laughing at the things coming out at the moment, but also frustrated at how they're handling it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 18:25

Had a couple of Australians at my writing meet-up on Saturday. At least your current government gave us something to talk about!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 18:39

Yeah, I figured the current government would be making this country the butt of jokes internationally.  On the bright side if the things that happened yesterday keep happening maybe they'll be a one turn government!  . . . No, that's being far too hopeful.  Meh
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 12:14

An express mail item being sent to Port Augusta instead of my actual area which is over 400 kilometers away in the other direction.  What moron saw the completely different address and threw it on the truck to Port Augusta?  Thankfully the thing is tracked and requires scanning at every part of the process so I imagine the staff at Port Augusta will scan it, see it isn't supposed to be there, and throw it back on the truck headed for me next monday, but this has added three or possibly four days to the time when if it had been sent on the appropriate truck it would be mine right now.

This is probably minor but when I'm sleepy it's the little things in life that agitate me the most. And speaking of being sleepy since I'm having a rant I'll add my body deciding to have a fourteen hour sleep and thereby completely destroying my sleeping schedule for a few days to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 13:38

I remember a company accidentally dispatching something to me from their US warehouse instead of their UK one. It took ages, the courier wouldn't deliver because the tax was all messed up. Eventually, they sent another one from the UK while the original one got sorted and reached me the day after the UK one (they told me to keep both).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 17:36

Well, when you mention something like that it puts this small delay in to perspective.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 21:46

I may as well put "getting stuff pinched" in here, given that we've been talking about it in the "love" thread. As Jay pointed out, in the space of a few months I lost both a 3DS and an iPhone: the former by putting it down in a restaurant, whence it had vanished by the time I returned to look; and the latter by leaving my coat with it in pocket on a sofa while I went for a drink. Anyway, I won't do that again! (He says hopefully.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 23:26

When TV shows and adverts use the phrase "camera phone" . Nobody calls anything a camera phone any more, that was a phrase that existed for about a year back in 2002. Now we just call them phones because literally all of them have cameras. It's not a feature. There's a while episode of Sherlock where they keep talking about a "camera phone" and it completely pulled me out of the illusion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 12:51

TalkTalk having an account breakdown, meaning that I can't go onto CVG because it thinks I've blocked it under "Gaming". Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 12:44

MY Workplace again for me getting screwed over some what in the hours I'll be getting for the next few weeks, which means that I'm going to be so poor that it's not funny
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 19:23

So, MTV's done this series of public messages, one of which I saw on Viva, against Domestic Violence. Its basically a bunch of music stars saying "its never okay." Brilliant. A great message that I can get behind 100%, delivered well. Good job. Then I see that one of the celebrities they've roped in to read serious messages from an autocue is Chris Brown.

FUCK OFF.

There is only one way Chris Brown should be involved, in any capacity, in a campaign against domestic violence, and that is with his live-on-air public execution. I see an advert where the rest of these celebrities walk into a room, where Chris Brown is tied to a chair, crying and begging for his life, and they beat him to death with a variety of blunt instruments. Nobody needs to say a word, nothing needs to be written on screen. We'd all get the message.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 19:24

Chris Brown pisses me off full stop. Awful man - and that MTV thing is ridiculous, he shouldn't be near that, it's an insult to people suffering from domestic abuse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 19:39

It sickens me that somehow people are still buying his (not even good) music and putting him on the radio. I'm telling you, when I come into power, the culls will be extensive.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 21:12

While I'm maybe not quite as... authoritarian as Buska, I'd agree that having Chris Brown in a campaign against domestic violence invalidates the entire bloody thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 22:36

It's the same with Michal Jackson we all know what he was. But we still have his songs on the radio but no Garry Glitter whom did one of the best Christmas songs ever and no more lost prophets. I don't know why there seems to be rules for some and not others. Ohh yeah as it's your innocent in till proven guilty.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 23:28

Michael Jackson was acquitted! Jackson was an extremely messed up manchild and a very broken human being, and calling him a sexual predator is oversimplifying a tortured genius with a strange grip on reality. His music defined an era and the allegations all came after he had pretty much stopped doing it.

Brown, on the other hand, is a simple, talentless woman beater who has somehow maintained a full music career after what he did. He is absolute scum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 0:02

Yeah he wasn't all there but same could be said about Gary Glitter & the Lost Pophets singer. Also what about the payoff in 1993-4 and the reported ones which leaked in June this year from a FBI report that MJ spent nearly $35 million to keep people quite over the years

Chris Brown not so much he's all there and no excuse for what he's done.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 2:03

How did it not occur to MTV that having him in it would make no sense, it doesn't surprise me though given that they show things like Geordie Shore which is mindless rubbish at best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 6:23

masofdas wrote:
Yeah he wasn't all there but same could be said about Gary Glitter & the Lost Pophets singer.  Also what about the payoff in 1993-4 and the reported ones which leaked in June this year from a FBI report that MJ spent nearly $35 million to keep people quite over the years
I hadn't actually heard about a lot of that.
But again, I think the difference is that all his famous work was done before it came out. It's not like everyone was going out and buying Thriller knowing full well what Jacko had done.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 7:13

Bit harsh on Chris Browns music. Sure he's a twat but he's got some good tunes. I don't listen to music based on who makes it, look at Kanye West he's a tit but I still enjoy his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 7:19

I'm not good at separating the artist and the art. I liked Wagner's music until finding out that he was a massive anti-semite. I liked Dali's art until finding out that he was a Hitler-fan and egomaniac. And I will never see nor read Ender's Game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 9:10

I'm alright at it. I find it most difficult with musicians though.
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 9:36

YouTube. Okay before you complain at me, I might as well go over the list and explain what is wrong with it

Google+ Integration Seriously, not giving decent people a chance to speak without using the kid's equivalent of Facebook on a more retarded level is stupid and wrong. Worse, those making a stand against it are being blocked or removed entirely, meaning there's more trolls than actual people posting.
The new ContentMatch system Hissy fit WHAT THE HELL GOOGLE!? First you block people starting off, and now you're targeting EVERYONE using key words?!? Worse still is that EVEN OFFICIAL COMPANIES ARE BEING BROUGHT DOWN BY THIS CHANGE. Television programs, Fan-Art, Music, Video Games, News... Everything is being affected, and Google doesn't give a shit.

It's times like this where illegal force is the only option - but I won't. What I will say is YouTube is dead. At least a Dead Website Walking right now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 12:22

I'm over the G+ integration - I just ramped up the privacy to high, turned off all the notifications and that was that. It's still determined to get me to use my real name in the comments though.

I do think the automatic content matching is ridiculous. There's a video by a chap called Total Biscuit that really sums up the stupidity of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next