We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 23:33

I heard the other day they want to put no vote on the vote card.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 1 Mar 2014 - 23:46

It's easy enough to just write Mickey mouse, but yeah a none of the above is overdue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 9:00

Buskalilly wrote:
Yeah, but I'm also voicing my disapproval of other people and encouraging the other parties to adopt green policies so as to get my vote. There no such thing as a wasted vote, mate, unless you don't vote at all.

Thumbs up to this. I'll generally do the same. If some long-overdue electoral reform came in, I might feel that my vote has some relevance in the broader scheme of things - with FPtP, and living in a deeply entrenched Labour stronghold, I'm reduced to protest voting.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 11:19

Looks like we need a politics thread with all these talks over the last few days.

One thing I don't like about the voting system is when I voted for Jeremy Browne (Lib Dem) to be my local MP I wanted him to be my local MP but would I want Nick Clegg to run the country, god no I wouldn't any of the three muppets. But I guess the thinking is if I'm fine with the Lib Dems looking after Taunton Deane, I would be fine with them running the country.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 11:58

Things that really piss you off: political and religious debate on light-hearted games forums.

(please play this in the background as you read)
No-one needs a politics thread or a religion thread - right now, in this most awkward of times, especially for Nintendo fans, we need to be united in our love of video games, and put all other differences aside. Arguments over differences of opinion that have not been resolved in hundreds, or thousands of years, put the kaibosh on messageboards round the world. Whether you're a nutcase lefty liberal or a nutcase conservative republican (I am one of those - please don't guess which, I don't care), surely we can all agree on one thing: Not enough people bought Little King's Story.

Jimbob wrote:

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 GIF1
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 13:50

BUT WHAT ABOUT SCOTTISH INDEPE-

So yeah Little King's Story was a great game. I remember playing it at the same time as a tonne of people here and having good chats about it as we progressed, folk like Stu, the artist formerly known as sporkhead... Wait, what thread is this?

Currently I am hating how cockroaches are really common where I live. I never saw them in the UK but Australia seems to be one of those countries where they're just a fact of life. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 14:42

When/why did you move down under RR? I thought you were based in St. Andrews/Edinburgh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 16:19

I graduated from St Andrews last summer, then lived in Edinburgh until the new year. I moved to Australia just after, so have been here for a couple of months. To be honest I moved purely because a friend asked me if I wanted to move down with her and I thought it might be fun to do something different, not least because I had nothing tying me down in Scotland - especially if it meant I could live with a friend and do stuff together. In reality, we have ended up living in different houses pretty far apart so we rarely see each other, I'm in a job I hate (which is part-time so I only earn enough to pay rent and not really anything more) and I have yet to make any friends because of the whole no money, no connections thing. There is one potential job opportunity working on a project at one of the universities here, but the project is yet to be approved, so who knows when I would actually be able to start working on it.

So I'm not especially enjoying my time here as I currently don't have the money to do anything, and I don't particularly get on with my colleagues so I have yet to make any friends. I was signed up to do an evening course for a couple of months at one of the unis but that was cancelled because the lecturer struck ill. The idea of going back to the UK is tempting, but I've spent a lot of money and effort in getting here and trying to establish myself, and there's always the possibility that things will look up. I'm hoping to travel with a friend of mine who is currently teaching in Hong Kong who is planning to head down here in August - assuming I can save up the money to do that.

Long story short: I moved down on a whim and it's proving to be quite boring. I've managed to spin a blog out of it though!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 16:55

Read the first entry - some glorious ranting there, Rum!  Puts Andyman to shame.  You're a decent writer, too - was a fun read.  So at least that's something, as you say!

Jimbob wrote:
Things that really piss you off: political and religious debate on light-hearted games forums.

(puts up political tagline)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:34

Balladeer wrote:
Read the first entry - some glorious ranting there, Rum!  Puts Andyman to shame.  You're a decent writer, too - was a fun read.  So at least that's something, as you say!

Jimbob wrote:

Boo 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:38

I did wonder if you were just winding up jimbob and mas...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:50

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Jimbob wrote:

Boo 
I mean Boo the fact that you put up a political tagline, not Boo its sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 23:59

Don't worry, I assumed as much.
New thing: people who leave trolleys in the middle of the car park instead of taking ten seconds to put them in a bay should be left in the middle of a desert with their legs done in like in Misery.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyTue 4 Mar 2014 - 2:53

Buskalilly wrote:
People who open a fucking multipack on the shelf, take out some of the individual products and take them to a till. There are two ways they then act; they feign ignorance, like they didn't realise that's NOT HOW IT WORKS or they just insist you make an exception in their case. Either way I thoroughly enjoy not letting them get away with it but it does physically hurt having to hold back all my rage. I just want to punch their stupid old faces over and over until not even their spouse of sixty years recognises that this is a human face they're looking at rather than a child's abstract painting that used an open watermelon as a canvas. Fucking stupid selfish stuck up ignorant cunts.
Agreed with this, also those that feel an item of the same price will be sufficient enough to scan through rather than the actual item itself.

Balladeer wrote:
Laughing Nicely put.

Buskalilly wrote:
I hate the fact that the sense of accomplishment, and the feeling of excitement, that comes with beating a particularly tough section of videogame means nothing to anyone else. I bet a tough boss on Dark Souls earlier and I was running up and down my flat seeing along to Katy Perry feeling proper excited but it's not a like a real, actual accomplishment that I can ring someone up and share it with them.

Despite my earlier post, this is exactly how I felt last night.  My counterstrategy is to come on here and yell about it until people tell me to shut up.  I BEAT BOPOPOLIS GOD DAMN IT.
Therein lies the beauty of trophies/achievements.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyTue 4 Mar 2014 - 7:56

I don't feel like an automated message would sufficiently convey my Bopopolis-beating joy, though. I could have always spammed Miiverse in jubilation if I'd wanted.

Buskalilly wrote:
I did wonder if you were just winding up jimbob and mas...

Would you believe that I wasn't?  It happened to be on the last couple of pages, and Iwata released an investors' statement taking about the Nintendo QoL thingy (whatever it is), so I thought it was just topical enough.  Annoying people at the same time is a happy coincidence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 15:34

Not having a pc and not having everything backed up. and have i mentioned how fucking frustrating typing with the remote is? cant even rant properly.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 15:50

You missed a couple of capital letters there, Athrun. Oh, and an apostrophe.

Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 15:55

Well if you prefer I cld alws strt psting lke dis.

On the plus side I finally used my sense and am now on the 3ds, so besides the sleepy influence the typing should have improved.  Sentence structure though?   Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 19:34

The smell of strong cheese. Utterly utterly foul. How people can happily eat what smells as bad as, if not worse than, moist dog muck, regardless of how it tastes, I suspect I shall never understand.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 9 Mar 2014 - 10:55

Lot's

I will start with the POLICE, right back in December someone went into my car at work nut due to it being xmas time I parked at the front of the store. Anyway a trolley boy wrote down the reg of the car which went into me. So went to the police with the info and it was reported as a fail to stop. Yesterday 3 month's after the incident I get a letter from them saying, the other vehicles owner denies being there and there's nothing they can do. What a waste of my TAX money, they didn't the job done it took them ages. Also what do you mean there's nothing you can do as they denied it, did the trolley boy imagine there car being there. Thankfully it wasn't that serious of an incident but I did try to claim on my insurance which I did drop as I was (am) changing car but that could of been a pain to see through.

So the regional manger came yesterday, we were all running around like headless chickens making the store look pukka. He comes and stays 5minutes at the most as he wanted to get home as he'd been up from about 7 visiting stores down Devon way, the time he came to us was about 4 in the afternoon. He earned his 100k that day. Because he came it put us behind as we didn't actually do much work, so some of us (me) didn't go home till 10pm just trying to catch up.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 9 Mar 2014 - 16:14

Was there no CCTV outside the store Mas?

Something that confuses me more than it !&$%es me off - why am I suddenly being followed by swathes of "party and hen/stag night hosting" companies on Twitter? I've had four or five in the past few days.  Meh 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptySun 9 Mar 2014 - 23:01

Nope not where I parked which was in the corner out of the way as that's where we have been told to park if we need park out front.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 17:38

Okay, now I'm officially MAD!  First on my hit list is public holidays, or rather ones for a stupid unimportant F***ING HORSE RACE, and it wasn't even the Melbourne cup, it was the damn Adelaide cup which nobody even gives a flying s*** about.

Now for why this has me pissed in particular.  Truthfully I'd be angry regardless, but the sheer irrelevance of this one is just so... AAAARRRGH!  Anyhow, so as I have already mentioned my laptop kicked the bucket recently, which leaves me almost entirely cut off from the online world, which is so boring it's almost mind numbing for me at this point.  

So last week I make arrangements to rent another one, find a nice one that will handle the tasks I ask of my laptop and as an added bonus even still has windows 7!  So the arrangements are made, but there's only one left new and it has to be shipped in, cool, nothing awful.  So, it'll be here monday or Tuesday I was told.  

Needless to say I then learned it was a public holiday on the monday, but no matter, I'd just get it Tuesday right?  WRONG!  Only now am I told that shipments are now only done once a week, and do you want to guess what day that is?  

So right now I'm torn over which to spend my energy being livid at, whatever moron at the HQ that decided because Monday was a public holiday they'd just SKIP the shipment this week instead of using their brain and doing it, you know, on Tuesday instead, or the holiday itself which existed solely for a irrelevant event barely anybody even gives a f*** about that lasts less than two minutes.  

And in case it sounds like I'm bashing public holidays as a whole, no, I just ask for them to not be over silly things like a horse race nobody who doesn't follow the sport even knows about except when they learn the ENTIRE STATE has grinded to a complete halt over it. I would undoubtedly be griping whatever the reason, but it wouldn't be nearly this long a rant.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 17:50

I'm only gonna say this briefly because I don't want to get in trouble or ruffle any feathers; the police do try their absolute best and work incredibly hard but the way the courts prosecute means it is almost impossible to prosecute any traffic offence based on testimony alone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 17:55

It's like the inverse of the Japanese court, as portrayed in Phoenix Wright.

And I give Athrun's rant a 7/10 on the rant-ometer.  Extra marks for censored swearing, but it's still got a way to go to beat "Andyman on Journey", "Cappa on JRPGs" or "Masofdas on SMG". Count me into the set of people who don't give two steaming piles of horse muck about the races, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next