We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Dec 2021 - 23:31

Nah, not played Godzilla. It was always one of those games where literally dozens of copies would be discounted at Virgin Megastores and all that, but I just never got round to picking it up. Maybe I’ll have to change that when I next go get some retro games.

Agreed on Assault btw. It properly hums.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 7:00

I really like (the spaceship levels of) Starfox Assault.

Me and my brother played loads of those Godzilla games on GC and Wii. We loved them, but we also just really like seeing Godzilla and pals smash up a city, so mileage may vary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:30

Another one to dump on Assault here. 'You know what the Starfox franchise needs? More turn-based strategy!' Said nobody outside Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 9:52

(That was Command, Balla)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 12:39

Hahaaaaaaa, so it was. Duh! Never played Assault. Was that the one with the decent space bits and dire on-foot stuff?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 23:41

Yep, that's the one. Although as a lad I liked all of it, I'm sure the on-foot stuff won't have aged well.

I also quite liked Command, which seems like a better realisation of what Starfox 2 was trying to do, though of course 64 remains the best.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2021 - 9:51

Command is brilliant! Easily the best Starfox game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyTue 7 Dec 2021 - 16:21

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2032

I thought Wargroove for £4.99 at GAME was the cheapest physical Switch game I’d see for a long time, but the next day I spotted FIFA 19 in Cash Convertors for £2.99. Big Brain Academy was discounted at GAME on it’s Friday launch day, I picked it up for £17.99.

Buskalilly’s recent posts about GameCube games put me in mood to see what the nearby CEXs had. I don’t remember playing Hulk: Ultimate Destruction before, but twenty quid seemed all right for something that’s got such a good reputation. Extreme-G 3 took my fancy again, years after I put my last copy into a charity shop. It’s not my favourite series or anything but I’ll get some enjoyment out of it for £4.

That Technos Evercade cart was one of the few I don’t already have, and it’s going out of production in March. It made sense to just pick it up while it’s still available, and before scalpers start ripping the pish.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyTue 7 Dec 2021 - 23:50

I've never played that Hulk one but people bang on about it. I'd love to hear how it feels in 2021.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySat 11 Dec 2021 - 23:24

Nice wee selection that Cappa

As I'm not buying game till Feb 1st, I may have spent a tad on a LEGO set which I've really got into recently (not sure if it does calm me like some studies, as aargh some of the smaller pieces) making whilst watching Kinda Funny play through Metal Gear.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FGRvxfBXwAEn3xE?format=jpg&name=medium

The boat was free with orders over £170 which the Ecto-1 is, but I had a £10 voucher from Cyber Monday, so it cost £160 and still got my free boat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 13:59

Buskalilly wrote:
I know its childish and a little xenophobic, but "DER POLAREXPRESS" is really funny to me.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 25429310

Look what you made me do
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FGu1IjmXEAcxTtF?format=jpg&name=medium

Traded in a load of 4K and Blu Rays as I don't really rewatch and not bought any for ages (It's tad weird as I like physical media then don't really do films physical), so got the LEGO set, Red on Vinyl and £50 in cash.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyMon 20 Dec 2021 - 19:18

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2033

I'd convinced myself for months that I wouldn't get one of these, but Amazon France were selling the console bundle for about £85 delivered ahead of it's launch day. That's £25 less than it's supposed to cost, and I don't think it'll get any cheaper than that for a long time. The extra Atari cartridge was the only other one anywhere had in stock.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 20:54

A few things starting with two books, was looking for the Splatoon Manga as well but Vol 1 doesn't seem to be about

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FH4YjkIWUAAfp0a?format=jpg&name=mediumFour me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FH7CTbdXEAAF-qC?format=jpg&name=medium

Then today
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FIQ1gHdWQAQlVxt?format=jpg&name=medium

As you can see a nasty dig in the screen but the store had a good condition black PSP for £70m while this Boxed Japanese one with two PSU's (UK and Japan), 32 GB Memory Card was £40, just because of the screen damage. Looked on eBay and normally goes for about double, I don't know if I could fix the screen (about £20) but I must know someone that could.

Thing is I've got two other PSP's and I use my white one to play games, so in no hurry to replace screens etc
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 1:55

There's an english copy of the first volume of the Splatoon manga somewhere in my parents's garage, so if you can make it over to Keynsham it's yours for the taking Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 9:22

Only hour and half drive, what else in the garage.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 8:06

Clothes, books, gamecube games, transformers and spider-man comics, cutlery and crockery, probably a TV . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 20:41

GameCube games you say hmm

Also
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FIr_DaXXEAAKqCM?format=jpg&name=medium

This is my first time buying LEGO sets day one, and they seemed to bring out like 50 sets all on the 1st of Jan which seems a bit mad to me as I got those three even others I liked the look off. Do know someone that bought 15 sets because kid wanted the new Minecraft ones.

Hopefully The Batman is a good film as well.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 13:01

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2035

Here’s the physical stuff I bought over the festive break.

Those three Evercade carts looked to be out of stock everywhere until next month, but surprisingly they all arrived before Hogmanay, well ahead of schedule. I’ve already finished Gearshifters since getting it on Boxing Day, and G-Darius HD was heavily reduced in those same Boxing Day sales. Mario Slam Basketball was picked up for a quid in a Cancer Research just before Christmas, and Tak was just £3 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 13:26

Gearshifters any good? As my gameshare mate randomly bought it, so I can play if I wish.

Tak for £3 bargain, I should look at Amazon more games as saw Games Asylum get WRC 10 on Series X dirt cheap.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 15:07

I've had a Gearshifters review typed up for nearly a fortnight now, I'll go ahead and post it in the relevant thread.

You can get the odd bargain from Amazon's second-hand sellers on GameCube stuff. Right enough, the days of getting Kirby Air Ride for £19 are well and truly past, but third-party games can often be several quid cheaper than they'd be sold for at CEX.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 9:48

I remember seeing a bunch of Tak in the mags. It always looked a little gross to me - I was slightly more interested in, say, a Ty The Tasmanian Tiger.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 12:41

I got P3P cheap for what it is as I was looking at PSP games ending soon, I spotted it, and it didn't sell. It got relisted etc a tad cheaper and I won, the listing was something like Persons Playstation Portable that if you searched for Persona the game wouldn't come up. The same day I won this, a copy sold for £150, does make me think if you had the time could you find other mislisted games to buy then sell back on.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FJo7hxKXIAMSN02?format=jpg&name=large

Edit

Wah, 117 Cube games now
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FKCj7nxXEAEeX6C?format=jpg&name=medium

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 26 Jan 2022 - 16:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wario)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 17:54

How much did you pay for Wario World? Not a common or cheap game nowadays.

~

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2036

One of the regular Amazon sellers I shop from was selling their retro games for a 20% discount and with free delivery, so I picked up all of these are just shy of £18. I’m not plugging any gaping holes in my collection with anything here, but most of them are pretty all right.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 17:06

You can compare the Tak games

Pokemon and Uncharted got my Birthday, GbtG picked up oin town as it's a BC OG Xbox game which I want them all
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 FKMa7EqWYAM3__L?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Also bought like the biggest shelving unit I could get that doesn't need to be attached to the wall (really wanted something like my current one but couldn't find), mainly for the last few LEGO sets I've bought, not built as nowhere to put once I have. So far I've just spread out my 117 GameCube games but will condense down at some point when I get around to the LEGO.

Ohh also downloaded Artful Escape of the eShop as it is worth the money.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 14:53

Grabbed by the Ghoulies is such a strange game. I remember getting it (probably in a Gamestation deal) and binning it off after trying its "unique" dual-stick controls. Rare's output really fell off a cliff that gen, compared to what came before.

I bought another Wii, after donating mine to my daughters two years ago. Grabbed a copy of Ghost Squad with it so will let you know how I get on. It even had a Gamestation receipt in it from 2008 where someone had bought a Wii, a DS Lite, and Ghost Squad with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles in a 2 for £30. Must have been a banging Christmas!
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2013Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Img_2012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next