We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 14:58

Ghost Squad gets a lot of love round these parts. Think it was one Buska's Versus Mode games on the podcast I did with him too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 20:52

Ghost Squad is right up there with the best third-party Wii games. It deserves all the love it gets!

I like finding receipts in old pre-owned games too. It's strangely fascinating, just knowing a little bit more about where a game's been and the journey it's taken before you've owned it. An underrated part of retro gaming, there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 21:27

Ghost Squad and The Last Story basically won Samuel the Wii draft.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 21:38

Hope to see some Wii reviews in last retro thread.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 9:27

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Ghost Squad is right up there with the best third-party Wii games. It deserves all the love it gets!
Correct.

Quote :
I like finding receipts in old pre-owned games too. It's strangely fascinating, just knowing a little bit more about where a game's been and the journey it's taken before you've owned it. An underrated part of retro gaming, there.
I haven't experienced this much but I used to get a massive kick out of buying used Pokemon games and rummaging through the save file.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 15:54

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 Pxl_2014

I realise I don't document my pick ups that often despite getting a lot in the last few months, here's all the ones from the last month alone.

Wolfenstein II and Wii Play are actual decent charity shop pick ups for once at £3 and £1 respectively, not got the first Wolfenstein so I'll have to get that and the Wii Play purchase was a bit of my effort to build up my Wii library again. Pokémon Legends Arceus speaks for itself, ace game as we all know and I got a cool steelbook and pokeball with it.

It Takes Two came to a total of £7 thanks to a couple of £5 off vouchers on Amazon, now I just need someone to play it with, One Night Stand I actually won in a Twitter comp, don't think the physical has even been released yet, played through it and platinumed in a few hours and that was alright. Final PS4 game was Disco Elysium which was basically a straight swap at Game for Hot Wheels Unleashed, I'm long overdue playing it but now I hear has its technical issues patched so will move on to that soon.

Last two were No More Heroes III which I got for around £27, might play 1+2 first but I've played them before so not really necessary and the last game was Gal Metal which I got for £10 and is one of the most impulse purchases I've ever made, I'd never even heard of the game but I felt like spending money and it looks a decent enough rhythm game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 16:19

Solid line-up of games there Smurf. I've been eyeing up It Takes Two myself and I was hoping for a gap in the release line-up this year to tuck into it, but I don't think we'll be getting that for a while!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 17:58

Gal Metal World Tour is pretty good. I think you can forgive the inconsistent (yet not game-ruining) motion controls considering that it only cost you a tenner.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 0:38

EofGizmo is going mostly all digital and trimming down his collection, that most of these are from him, which he let me have around the same as what MusicMagpie would have given (where he sold a bunch of games) to him.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 FLL2EBxXwAEtfSW?format=jpg&name=medium

NGPC and Root Letter not from EofGizmo, those come from Amazon and eBay, I got because I love the NGPC and Cappa said good things, then Root Letter as I saw on eBay ending cheap.

The OG Xbox games are all backwards compatible, might give DoA3 a bash and might record some action.
The PS4 games well its Metal Gear and because cheap, why not own them again, which gives me about 17 Metal Gear games.
The PS3 games because PS3 exclusives and a console I've got a lot of time for, and games still on the cheap side in general.
Killzone is a big VITA game I didn't own, and when I have played via PSN+ it still looks great.

Paper Mario, know a lot say not great, but as part of a deal it is one of the bigger Switch games I've not played.
SMTIII, kinda prefer on PS4 because trophies but as I've got SMTV on Switch a nice little set.
Xenoblade Torna, I don't know why but always wanted to play it and the main thing I want from EofGiz.

Not in the picture but a red DualSense for £40 and another book about Kojima.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 11:28

Nice haul there, Mas. Here's my unpopular take: Future Perfect is better than TS2. Better story mode and it had an immense online mode on Xbox. Lot of time for that game. I still have the two MGSV games in my backlog - I assume you've played them before?

I picked up Super Mario Galaxy for Wii because I felt like a life without it was hollow and meaningless. Can't wait to play it again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 11:58

Yeah I've played MGSV before, it's the game I famously finished in like one weekend yet is like 50hrs long. I have it highly in my top games of all-time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 13:38

Metal Gear Survive though... No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 17:07

It was cheap and part of the collection.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 18:39

I don't know why but I feel I have to defend Metal Gear Survive a little bit here, even though I've only had a couple hours or so on the beta demo thing they done. (I do own it though & it was also bought cheap) Now, it probably get's no where near Ground zeroes or Phantom Pain but it's foundation is built on that same great MGSV engine so some sort of fun can definitely be had with it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 19:26

Everything I've ever seen looks absolutely dog, so will be unplaced, at least it's a spare PS4 case.

And if anyone should be bought by anyone, it is Konami.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 19:03

I'd expect you to say that when it comes to Konami though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 19:18

That new game on Switch looks decent and collections been good, but outside that stuff like Contra, eFootball not been good.

Why I'd take anyone buying them or using there IPs, as Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Suidoken etc just sat doing nothing.

They once made some of the best games around.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 23:03

They did but sometimes you just need to move on & them being bought over wouldn't always mean a return to their glory days.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 23:21

I have and if they make a good game then they make a good game and I'll play it. Maybe Bloober who is partnering with Konami does do a Silent Hill, who knows and it is good.

And current Konami doesn't also mean games they did suddenly bad either, so likes of Silent Hill 2 will be part of my top games ever still.

Just at this time is what did not doing what defines Konami.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:25

Coincidentally Mas I just bought Metal Gear Survive myself a few days ago, £4 seems a very good price for something that's in the engine of one of the best games I've ever played. Also who said Paper Mario isn't great? I know I regarded it very highly and in pretty sure anyone else who's played it would agree, a worthy entry in any Switch collection.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:36

Mr Deer for a start, yet I'm sure other talk in its thread are positive about the battle system etc. Still, it's not like I've paid £40 for it if not something I like.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:39

Mr Deer should play it too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 17:32

Mr. Deer has indeed not played PMOK and therefore doesn't have much on an opinion on it other than, please make the battles have an actual point in the next game ta muchly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 10:12

They have a point, fun puzzles to solve and obstacles to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:13

That's a better point than "You have to play them so numbers go up"! I'd rather play a game because it's fun than because it forces me to!

. . . I didn't like the puzzles much though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next