We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 21:29

Nintendo generally only announce things when they are ready (MP4/Zelda aside) & while I'm not expecting heavy hitters I just don't buy that they have nothing for the second half of the year especially when that last direct was labelled "games launching in the first half of 2023" y'know?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 18:30

Yeah as I said there's no smoke without fire to these reports/rumours about Nintendo not having a big game after Zelda, though these insiders at the moment going told ya Metroid Prime coming.

Plus in just 18 days will be going into Year 7 of Nintendo Switch and looking on other Nintendo systems using NA dates

GameBoy 1989 to GBA 2001, Total 12 years, First Nintendo Published GB game to last also 12 years but GBC is included in this as Nintendo counts them as one system

GBA 2001 to DS 2004, Total 3 years, First Published GBA game to last 2006 that's 5 years

DS 2004 to 3DS 2011, Total 7 years, first game to last 2012 that's 8 years

3DS 2011 to Switch 2017, Total 6 years, first game to last 2019 that's 8 years

Avg 7 years per handheld, game to game 8.25 years

On Consoles

NES 1985 to SNES 1991, Total 6 years, First to last game 1994 that's 9 years

SNES 1991 to N64 1996, Total 5 years, First to last game 1997 that's 6 years

N64 1996 to Cube 2001, Total 5 years, First to last game 2001 that's 5 years

Cube 2001 to Wii 2006, Total 5 years, First to last game 2006 that's 5 years

Wii 2006 to WiiU 2012, Total 6 years, First to last game 2013 that's 7 years

WiiU 2012 to Switch 2017, Total 5 years, First to last game 2017 that's 5 years

Avg 5.33 years, game to game 6.15 years

Nintendo as a whole 6 years per system, 7 years worth of Nintendo support. With this applied to the Switch, then yeah Year 7 could be not a lot after Zelda or least Year 8 (March 2024) being very meh.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 21:51

masofdas wrote:
Yeah as I said there's no smoke without fire to these reports/rumours about Nintendo not having a big game after Zelda, though these insiders at the moment going told ya Metroid Prime coming.

These two statements juxtaposed is exactly why there absolutely could be smoke without fire. Or, Nintendo could suddenly move the fire, so you look for the fire and it's not there. Jas is right, Nintendo are the gender-neutral monarchs of the surprise.

Don't get me wrong: I think if there was going to be a big and truly new game, any big and truly new game, for Switch in the latter half of the year, odds are in favour that Nintendo would've hinted at it in this Direct. I do reckon we could be in for a year of relative padding, followed by Switch 2 in 2024. I think you're right Mas, but there's a decent chance we're not.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 22:06

That was okay huh?  Not too many roguelites or farming sims, although of course it missed the One More Thing.  Necrodancer, Mineko (FLIPPIN' FINALLY), Animal Well, and Crime O'Clock all looked up my street.  So did Shadows Over Loathing, but... sigh.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 22:31

So many cats
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 21:38

Definitely a good few things for me, I think I'm up for My Time at Sandrock although it's one of those massive timesinks I'm wary of even strating these days. Rift of the Necrodancer, Animal Well and Little Kitty, Big City are all on my radar. The main event for me though is Oxenfree, I was a little worried how they'd manage to make a sequel to it but it feels like they've got the vibe spot on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyFri 21 Apr 2023 - 2:43

Oxenfree was the main one for me.

I could tell Mineko wasn't being made in Japan, though apparently the developer is Canadian-Japanese.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptySat 22 Apr 2023 - 21:19

On a more serious not of what's coming I have my eye on#

Mineko’s Night Market, echo Balla finally

Rift of the NecroDancer

Cult of the Lamb - Relics of the Old Faith, if I like the game then free content is good

Teslagrad 2, not one I'll right now though from the trailer looks good that one for a sale. I've not played the first and know got the remaster, yet his looks more vibrant

Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals, the big one for me as I love Oxenfree think I've finished it on three different systems though Afterparty was pretty bad

Paper Trail, another from a mate of EofGiz and it reminds me of another game just can't think what it is though

Chants of Sennaar, I know different genre but am getting Sable from the art style

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, this I should be excited for yet I just feel these homage game never turn out that great and we might be getting actual JSR

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptySun 23 Apr 2023 - 13:27

Buskalilly wrote:
I could tell Mineko wasn't being made in Japan, though apparently the developer is Canadian-Japanese.

Yes it did have a bit of weeb energy to it, but as a weeb myself I can cope with that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 15:20

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 FzEjfBGacAAT50J?format=jpg&name=small

3pm tomorrow in the UK for this one, sort knew it was coming from rumours etc like I even posted a Wednesday GIF on the 16th elsewhere. Though part from one game I've heard (sort others from other shows that get Switch announcements here as well) this is going to be a total surprise, especially at 40mins.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 7:57

I highly doubt they'll announce hardware, so I'm expecting a weird end-of0-generation mix of Switch also-rans.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 16:38

I was pleasantly surprised by that. A lot of stuff that wasn't "new" per se but which I am nonetheless well up for playing, be it again or for the first time. Metal Gear I'd love to have on my switch, Super Mario RPG I've been hoping for on Switch online but I'll take this, Vampire Survivors belonged on Switch all along and as I type this Pikmin literally just finished downloading.

And then a decent amount of new stuff. Pokémon DLC and Detective Pikachu are no-brainers for me, a new PEACH GAME, a new Wario Ware, that game from the Sonic Mania people and then Mario, in exactly what I've been asking for; a new 2D mario with a bit of visual style and artistry to it. Thumbs up from me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 18:47

I'm all in for SMB Wonder since the last Mario game I played was Odyssey & it's only 4 months away. Thumbs Up!

EDIT: Also seen this on twitter and thought it looked great, so if doesn't release over here then I'll probably import it.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 19:19

Just had that trailer ready to go, also were a few other things in the Japanese Direct, even something about the Famicom that might pop up later part of gaming news.

For me from the Direct

● Sonic Superstars, which I will get on Switch
● Persona 5 Tactica, but I'll via XGP on Xbox
● Mythforce has been confirmed for other systems that if the Xbox boys play it then can see me playing
● Detective Pikachu, looks tad rough still it's £40 be a good time
● Super Mario RemakePG, darn looks great
● Peach Game, bout time Peach gets a game again
● Pikmin 4, soon
● MGS Collection will get on PS5 though because PS where I've played MGS
● Penny, is coming elsewhere but games like this and Sonic feel work well on Switch, though I played Balan elsewhere which I do get vibes of team making a Saturn game
● Mario Kart 8DLC, I'll play the cups a bit online then wait for the next wave
● Star Ocean being in 2D-HD has sold me and one I will go for on Switch
● amiibo, I might not like playing TotK still the art style is great and these looks great
● Mario Wonder, new 2D Mario

That's pretty good as after past week of showcases was tad down on Switch as only had Pikmin to look forward to and now have a bunch

This leaves Nintendo as this

June Everybody 12S, Pikmin 1+2
July Pikmin 4
Oct Detective Pikachu and Mario Wonder
Nov Warioware and Mario RemakePG
2023 Pokémon DLC, Kart 8DLC Wave 5 & 6, amiibo

2024 Peach game, Luigi Mansion 2HD

TBA Prime 4, Splatoon 3DLC (was listed as 2024 in Spain)

Feels tad end of systems with the remasters, the type of game as sure end of 3DS was Warioware and Pikachu
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 22:11

One I'm glad to have watched after the fact: some of the mid-Direct trailers would have bored me to tears, there's a lot of old stuff reheated (no Zeldas and no Metroids oddly but I'm okay with that), and they started with an interminable trailer for PokéSV DLC that showed absolutely nothing interesting. Strip away all that though and there's some decent stuff there. Mario Wonder, WarioWare, and Super Mario RPG HD are all must-buys, Penny looks fun, and then we'll see how Peach Theatre turns out. Not a belting Direct, but watched non-live (watched dead?) it had enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 1:53

The J-Ass Man wrote:
Also seen this on twitter and thought it looked great, so if doesn't release over here then I'll probably import it.
I saw a bit of that online. I wonder if its just full of Japanese cultural bits and bobs they can't be arsed to translate?

The m-ass man wrote:
● Mario Kart 8DLC, I'll play the cups a bit online then wait for the next wave
I'm very ready for this; I've three-starred all the tracks so far at 150cc and in Mirror mode.
We still don't have a date, should I try 200cc? ARE THERE TIME TRIALS?

The Balls Man wrote:
Not a belting Direct
If you say so. I'm really hyped and happy right now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 10:49

Yes you should try 200cc

I just want to use wiggler, driving the wiggler kart next to a wiggler on one of the tracks.

Also, from the Japanese Direct The Wonderful One: After School Hero, a standalone version announced for $10. Fate/Samurai Remnant got a date of Sep 29th looks kinda cool and Fashion Dreamer Nov 2nd for Japan.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 13:40

Busk-ass-lilly wrote:
I saw a bit of that online. I wonder if its just full of Japanese cultural bits and bobs they can't be arsed to translate?

Aye maybe, it's made by Good-feel and they seem to be self publishing so that might be a stumbling block as well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 10:45

Having not played much of the Metal Gear Solid games and as someone who hasn’t played Super Mario RPG or Vampire Survivors I’d say I’ve got more to look forward to than most. Alongside Sonic Superstars, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Pikmin 4, WarioWare: Move It! and the new DLC for Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, I think it’s looking like a really good and pretty strong second half of 2023.

Typing it out, I’m surprised that there’s so much up ahead - especially seeing as this is the Switch’s seventh year. I really thought we’d reached the point where all we’d be getting was Pikmin 4, announced DLC, re-releases of the Wii U Zelda HD games and maybe another four or five ports of the first Xenoblade Chronicles before a Switch successor comes out next year. No complaints though, happy days!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 18:53

The_Jaster wrote:
Busk-ass-lilly

Buttskalilly, surely?

That Good Feel game looks like just my sort of thing! I hope it comes out over here. (Cut to 2025...)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 18:54

My favourite part of any Nintendo Direct is when our core band of about ten forumites or so post about all the new announcements and all the latest updates, and then a fortnight after that’s all died down JayMoyles reappears for about an hour to comment on every single relevant thread, before logging out until the aftermath of the next Nintendo Direct. Cannae have Nintendo Direct without JayMoyles making comment nearly a month later.

So…what are we predicting JayMoyles will be posting about next month?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023 - 19:51

Hopefully they add Zelda to Fortnite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 2:07

Is it just me, or does this feel weirdly soon? Especially after the last one coming at the end of a long drought.

I have no idea what to expect. The time seems right to announce hardware, but a Nintendo Direct with an expectation-lowering "Games this winter" mission statement doesn't seem the place. Maybe it will end with an announcement of an announcement or some nonsense?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 8:51

Do you remember that first year without an E3 show, when Nintendo put out that Partners Showcase that was clearly all the trailers they had said they'd show at E3? This had that whiff about it.

Obviously I'm super psyched by Splatoon, F-Zero and Princess Peach Showtime, and as someone who has never played it that Thousand Year Door remake didn't need to do much at all to sell itself to me.

Beyond that though, and the very exciting Nintendo Museum which I hadn't previously heard about (which is annoying, as I was in Uji a few months ago and would have got a kick out of even the construction site), there wasn't much to blow my mind.

Remakes of SNES games and GBA games and PS1 games? The less interesting Cing series? A million RPGs with some version of the 2D sprites on nice backdrops aesthetic?

There are quite a few Switch games coming out that I'm excited for - more than enough for my current gaming habits and extensive backlog. But it feels like they're working on some Big'ns for the Switch 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2023 - 9:34

A lot I will play from the Direct but Peach was the most exciting as it's actually new, where ohh look it's Luigis Mansion 2 HD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next