We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
neil
Wii U Port
neil

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 14:43

The_Jaster wrote:
While I don't dislike having a join request option I do miss the lobby hopping of the older games (3U/4U specifically) where you actually got to know your team a little beforehand & could even decide to stick around and farm specific things.

Isn't there a bit of the village that acts like a lobby? I thought I saw that. It is a bit impersonal with join requests, but I don't mind that because I'm a shy sort Boo
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 23:49

Oh there are still lobbies but my point was most will just use the join request option (it is the easy route tbf) to farm out the monsters they need & I think a bit of the community aspect these games had has been lost because of that.
Anyhow, it's probably just me looking at it with nostalgia glasses on but I miss either talking utter nonsense with folk I likely won't ever see again or taking a sneak peek at what mixed sets other people had come up with and then getting my own ideas because of it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 1:37

I've been doing plenty of that Jas, didn't even notice the join request option for ages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 10:43

I did only search like that a couple of time so maybe I should do it again if I'm ever bored of solo farming.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:27

I'm just impressed that Jas has anything even slightly negative to say about any Monster Hunter, ever. Winky Face

I don't like this game.  One of the recent quests had me killing Popos.  I didn't realise what Popos were before starting the quest, and now I just want to protect them from everything horrid (including me) and let them live in peace. No Where's the Monster Hunter/Monster Rancher crossover?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 17:00

I think I've sunk a total of about 6 hours into this so far. Not because I'm not enjoying it (although I'm not as passionate about it as the MH Bad Boyz) but because I have to concentrate to learn what I'm doing and feel like I'm playing it 'right' that I find it quite a hard game to play in the evening after I've finished work. I played a couple of hours this afternoon and it was more engrossing and straightforward because I hadn't been focusing on a screen for 8 hours of the day already, but I feel like there are still a million and one facets to it that I haven't gotten my head around. I've killed a few Great Izuchis now and I managed to ride two of them and wang them into walls, so I feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 19:53

I figured out how to make Pitfall Traps and it felt like a massive step forward, when actually it’s a simple operation. It’s one of those games where the sheer amount of stuff to do is overwhelming, even if the actual things you do are fairly simple
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 21:30

Balla wrote:

I'm just impressed that Jas has anything even slightly negative to say about any Monster Hunter, ever.  Winky Face

I know you are just joking but no matter how much I love a game I feel I can still pick out some faults in them or things I'd like to be better. I just don't like dwelling on the negatives for too long that's all.

---

And with that said can I just say it really is great seeing all the newcomers to the series thoughts on this, it reminds of the times I had in my first MH game where I took things slowly and even had to use youtube tutorials to help me along. Smile Also we should do some general GNamer multiplayer hunts soon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 21:45

I'd be up for some hunts soon.

I'm surprised as what I've heard the single player isn't that long, not to see last game finished thoughts, I know it's a game that be playing for ages especially with multiplayer was just more curious of a final review.

Then again I know in almost 9 months time can see plenty of write-ups in the year-end vote.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 9:59

Balladeer wrote:

I don't like this game.  One of the recent quests had me killing Popos.  I didn't realise what Popos were before starting the quest, and now I just want to protect them from everything horrid (including me) and let them live in peace. No Where's the Monster Hunter/Monster Rancher crossover?

Yeah but beef tongue is really good, so if popo tongue is anything like that...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 19:53

Sounds offal to me.

Rum wrote:
I think I've sunk a total of about 6 hours into this so far. Not because I'm not enjoying it (although I'm not as passionate about it as the MH Bad Boyz) but because I have to concentrate to learn what I'm doing and feel like I'm playing it 'right' that I find it quite a hard game to play in the evening after I've finished work. I played a couple of hours this afternoon and it was more engrossing and straightforward because I hadn't been focusing on a screen for 8 hours of the day already, but I feel like there are still a million and one facets to it that I haven't gotten my head around. I've killed a few Great Izuchis now and I managed to ride two of them and wang them into walls, so I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

This is pretty much exactly where I'm at with this. I have to force myself to play it in the weekday evenings, and then I have to play something else to feel like I've actually relaxed. I feel like I am getting to grips with it now (or with one weapon of it now), but it's still quite tiring to play. This is also a contributing factor as to why I haven't done an online hunt yet: I really want to, but the best time for me would be Friday evenings and see above but multiply it by a week.

Is it worth the slog to get any of the massive great items back to base?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 11:35

masofdas wrote:
I'd be up for some hunts soon.

I'm surprised as what I've heard the single player isn't that long, not to see last game finished thoughts, I know it's a game that be playing for ages especially with multiplayer was just more curious of a final review.

Then again I know in almost 9 months time can see plenty of write-ups in the year-end vote.

FYI, the story content doesn't stop with the conclusion of the single player quests. Those are really more of an introduction to the game for your addicts so I think you'll still be waiting a while until somebody writes up a review.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 21:11

Ahh, I have just seen reviews mention how the game "ends" and seen that one of the updates will continue it on.

Guess like I said on here somewhere and how I play games that I do the story, will be the same for me when I get to Outriders for instance.

I get though you want to do all hunts, do the multiplayer ones, different gear and weapons etc

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 12 Apr 2021 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 22:35

So is the current single-player ending really abrupt then? I'm making such leisurely progress through the game as is that I'm not sure I'll have it in me for an extension. I must admit I was planning to finish the single-player content and call it a day, but it sounds like I might feel a bit like the plug's been yanked from under me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 0:28

I'm sure it will wrap up the main current mystery, but Kamura will still be a village in the Monster Hunter World, with a hunter who has to hunt monsters. Then there will be more monsters and more game.

I haven't said much in this thread because I'm already doing a podcast and talking to friends at work about it and generally always thinking about Monster Hunter but fuck me this is a very good videogame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 9:54

Yeah, how I see it if I'm done single player then I'll comeback when chameleon thing update then the next one after that which seems to have story content and so on which hopefully brings an iceborne like expansion.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 13 Apr 2021 - 14:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 10:15

It'd be very bizarre if they didn't have a G rank/master rank expansion but that's likely a year or more away (typically 18 months) & as you mentioned we have the monster title updates before then which looks like it'll be adding 2 to 3 monsters this time around.

Balla wrote:

So is the current single-player ending really abrupt then? I'm making such leisurely progress through the game as is that I'm not sure I'll have it in me for an extension.

I wouldn't say it's abrupt at all just an ending of a chapter that sets up the next one which in your case would be the high rank hub quests.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 10:25

I had a lot of time off when Rise came out, so I went ahead and finished the multiplayer stuff on my own. I don't think any of the other Mashers have yet.

While there is some single player only stuff, the multiplayer stuff can all be done solo because the monsters scale to the player count. Irrespective of story, some of the game's best monsters live in the hub that's playable in multiplayer. To me, the multiplayer accessible stuff is just where some of the serious beasties live, as well as the odd one that feels like a better hunt in multiplayer.

To each to their own, but I think you should both give some multiplayer hunts a chance before calling it a day. I know our resident expert Jas is keen to pass on his knowledge.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 10:37

Oh I did actually finish off the final hub quest on Sunday night purely because I could see it was the only thing I needed for upgrading some of my gear. I can't wait until the other mashers see it. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 11:53

I will give multiplayer a bash but don't be surprised to see a Rise review from me just from Single Player which I think be same as a Destiny or what not
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 24 Apr 2021 - 0:11

Balladeer wrote:
So is the current single-player ending really abrupt then?  I'm making such leisurely progress through the game as is that I'm not sure I'll have it in me for an extension.  I must admit I was planning to finish the single-player content and call it a day, but it sounds like I might feel a bit like the plug's been yanked from under me.

The single player village content definitely has an ending, but there's still mysteries to unravel and new beasties to fight which is in the Gathering Hub content - which I'd argue is the most viable solo that it's ever been - so there's still more to do for sure. That part ends with a definite tease at more to come, which isn't something I've seen in a MH game before this one.

Still, I don't mind that so much as it gives me some drive towards tackling the post-launch updates to see even more of the story, which isn't something I really got into in MHW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 24 Apr 2021 - 10:04

It was this trailer which teases new ending
https://youtu.be/sD6eLsO0SJQ

In a future update, I only brought it up originally about story as was the only negative I was seeing in reviews and most games that would be a big negative but not so much in something like Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySat 24 Apr 2021 - 20:04

Oh speaking of updates we have a Monster Hunter digital event happening on Tuesday.

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 28426

This will basically detail what's in version 2.0 & new info on MH stories 2.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 20:42

What do you lot think of the music in this game? I kind of like the catchy village tunes, and I really like the themes for each new monster. I don't find the songs stick in my head the way, say, New Horizons' music did. I'm not playing it as often as I did AC though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 15:25

I bloody love the tunes in this!
I will admit, I haven't had quite as many of them get lodged in my head even compared to some previous Monster Hunters, but there have been a few. Overall, I like how it feeds into the overall Japanese vibe.

Oh, I finished this game with the lads the other night by the way.
I had to kill an Apex Arzuros in the story, so . . .
0/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next