We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:04

The Rampages are chaotic fun in multiplayer - a bit of a slog solo, but there's only one or two forced Rampage quests if I recall correctly.

I need to get back to MHR - I've barely dipped my toes into the post-launch content so I think I'm long overdue a proper return to the game. Valstrax won't hunt itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:42

I'm dipping in for a hunt or two every day or so and having a laugh. Ticking stuff off, getting armour sets for Mash screenshots and slllooowwwllly climbing to that Valstrax level.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:34

Always up for some hunts as I'm really just throwing it on here & there now to give all the weapons a proper go. So, give me a shout on twitter if you's are going to play on non mash podcast days.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 21:49

Thanks for the advice everyone. I do need to go back to this and slog through the rampage using Jas and Buska's tips.

EDIT: Okay the first rampage is basically a tutorial anyway.  Still don't like 'em.

Fugen is basically a werewolf isn't he?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 2:05

Funny that, considering you'd decided you didn't like them before you even played. There might be one more compulsory one in the village, I don't remember, but they don't make you do it much at all.
Balladeer wrote:
Fugen is basically a werewolf isn't he?
Yeah, he looks like someone specific too but I can never put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 13:26

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 16110233

I think we need to get Batman on this mystery.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 20:22

He's got the same hairdo as Lysandre from Pokémon X & Y.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 21:18

Been playing a lot of MonHan Rise past few days. Rolled credits in the village quests and done the following quests up to what seems to be the last urgent quest available in the village.

From my Googling, the 3.0 ending is part of the Hub Quests, is that right?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 0:10

Yeah, there's usually a bigger, badder boss that only reveals itself at the end of multiplayer and that's the 3.0 one.

Technically the hub is all playable singleplayer in this game as it scales the difficulty to the number of players.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 6:14

Surely more fun in Multiplayer though. Still shows how good game is that I've done single player and starting multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:21

Buskalilly wrote:
Also, I hope everyone else is making the same notes I am about all Balla's awful monster opinions so we can beat him up behind the bins at the next meet-up.

Stuff this with a cactus by the way. I really like most of the new monsters: just fought Bishaten who's one of my faves along with Aknosom, and Somnacanth who's also really interesting. I just don't like it when they over-lizard or over-dragon things. Can't wait* to fight Rathalos.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:34

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 2:27

Balladeer wrote:
I just don't like it when they over-lizard or over-dragon things.

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 Pa-59316638
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 17:50

Balla is David Icke CONFIRMED
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 20:21

Buskalilly wrote:
Yeah, there's usually a bigger, badder boss that only reveals itself at the end of multiplayer and that's the 3.0 one.

Technically the hub is all playable singleplayer in this game as it scales the difficulty to the number of players.

Oh, I really need to return to this then as someone who didn't do any hub quests thinking they wouldn't matter/be too hard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:05

I think Buska's basically agreeing with me, that there are too many lizards about.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 15:44

Balladeer wrote:
 I really like most of the new monsters: just fought Bishaten

Bishaten is my favourite of the Rise additions - I really sing that fella's praises in our Mash episode on him.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:19

He's a good lad. Unless it's a lass.

Anyway, as reported elsewhere, I fought Magnamalo twice. Definitely a decent challenge: I try to defeat every monster without fainting once, hence the second playthrough. I didn't quite get the hang of stopping the fire from spreading and going pink, because I spent mostly of my time keeping my distance and probably not enough targeting specific body parts.

I'm now taking a breather to get on with some other games, but I can definitely see myself coming back to this to complain about how generic Rathalos is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:37

Ignoring that blatant Rathalos slander...

Balladeer wrote:

Anyway, as reported elsewhere, I fought Magnamalo twice.  Definitely a decent challenge: I try to defeat every monster without fainting once, hence the second playthrough.  I didn't quite get the hang of stopping the fire from spreading and going pink, because I spent mostly of my time keeping my distance and probably not enough targeting specific body parts.

I don't think you really can stop Magnamalo burning up after a certain point. You can definitely knock him out of his rage mode state - quite a few monsters allow you to do that, actually - by getting an opportune break but I do recall most of my fights with Magnamalo having dicey moments when he turns up the heat literally and figuratively.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptySun 11 Jul 2021 - 12:28

I bloody love Magnamalo - as I just spend a good 20 minutes effusively explaining!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 13 Jul 2021 - 16:06

MHS2 makes Ratha the Rathalos more interesting but I feel I've seen a orange dragon that's rather powerful and won't listen to it's owner before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 11:03

I'm back in, and stuff like this just makes much more sense to me for Rise then it does for Stories 2, why I traded that in after doing the story yet will come back to Rise for stuff like this and hopefully that expansion in the future.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 17:34

That's pretty neat, expected but neat.

If I had to guess the remaining capcom collabs it'd be in the no set order of:

3 - Strider
4 - Ace Attorney
5 - Mega man
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:43

I would like to take down a Bishaten by taking it to court and picking holes in its testimonies. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:53

Some of those monsters have definite evidence of murder around them. Bishaten could go down on fruit-stealing charges too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next