We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***

Go down 
+4
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** Empty
PostSubject: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySun 8 Nov 2020 - 20:42

Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas 

GNAMER FORUM
SECRET SANTA 2020!!!

Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer Father Christmas Reindeer

Bugger me, this is early this year. Anyway, Feliz Navidad to one and all! 

The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of *checks old threads* jelly willies. May all these be yours at Christmas.

It’s good to be back in the Christmassy gift-giving mood, and I invite you all to take part in the eighth annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!

So, straight into it: we’ll use elfster.com like we did the last couple of years. It’s here where you can add your name, address and ahead of the RSVP deadline on Sunday 22nd November.

To take part in this year's Secret Santa, go to this address, and follow the instructions: 

https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/f258e156-04f9-4aca-bd52-24348e50a9e0/?join=zji1

The (Same Old) Rules:

• Santas will be drawn automatically early on the morning of Monday 23rd November. Hopefully, that’ll give you loads of time to register your involvement, and then to buy, wrap and post presents. 

• Especially with consideration to the current health pandemic and any impending national restrictions, please keep an eye on the Royal Mail’s dates for Christmas delivery - it would be very disappointing for anybody to miss out on their GNamer gift on December 25th. 

• No matter how early your present arrives, please hold off on opening them until December 25th. Let’s do it together - while doing the no pants dance. When you can, please post pictures of what you got, and your gratitude/appreciation.

• Let’s stick to a limit of £15, not including postage. I don’t think there’s any harm in going slightly over or slightly under the budget, but please don’t go too far over or (worse) too far under.

• Try and avoid emailing download codes if personal/health circumstances allow you to. The gift(s) you send and receive should be physical, tangible things, it’s just better that way. There’ll be no adopting tigers, or having a star named after you, or any of that bollocks though.

• Once names are dished out, don’t post about the buying and sending of presents in the thread. That spoils it a bit - it’s easy to work out who you’re receiving a gift from that way. 

• You can post if you receive your package, and it's nice if you can message me when you post.

• If you say you're taking part and then fail to post out a present, you’re officially Donald Trump But He Is A Woman. Unless there’s a good reason, of course. 

• There’s a Wishlist you can use too, if you’re wanting to help guide your Secret Santa. I trust that we should all know each other well enough to pick good quality presents, but a steer in the right direction probably won’t hurt.

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** Gamers-guide-to-gift-shopping

Confirmed Santas:

masofdas
Drunkalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Mon 23 Nov 2020 - 17:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySun 8 Nov 2020 - 20:50

I'm in
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySun 8 Nov 2020 - 22:45

It is done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyMon 9 Nov 2020 - 9:01

Can I suggest starting it earlier? Perhaps it's just as someone who got stung by poor postage a bit last year (on the sending end) but I would rather have the time to ship than a longer period of sign ups. (I'm going to assume most will be see it this week or will be contactable if not here)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyMon 9 Nov 2020 - 11:06

That's probably fair, everyone either signs up in the first couple of days or the last . . .
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyMon 9 Nov 2020 - 17:31

Agreed - I've moved the RSVP deadline forward a week, and names will now get drawn on Monday 23rd November.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySun 15 Nov 2020 - 8:43

Ooft. If this doesn't pick up, I might need to ask Sammy Snake to take part.

In seriousness, following on from the last couple of years, the chat in last year's thread and the idea that 'this is the year to take off'...I'm not sure this forum has another Secret Santa left in it. We're down to a very small pool of regular users, and with regards to Secret Santa, I think that all of the folk from that small pool can be split in three ways. One group is the folk who've signed up to this thread this year, those five names listed in the opening post. A second group is those who've never taken part in it in any year - and that's fair enough, it's all voluntary. But there's a third group of forumites who I'm guessing been felt let down/disappointed/scunnered by their experience over the last couple of Secret Santas. After that, I don't think there's any regular posters left. There's more folk leaving this place each year than joining it, it's shrinking not growing.

I'd like to try and rebuild this Secret Santa, but I'm not confident that I can. COVID-19, stress, money, effort and being burned by lousy presents are all valid reasons not to take part, absolutely. But simply put, I don't think people will be any more enthusiastic about a GNamer Secret Santa in the future than they were in the past.

If they can, I'd hope to see more people sign up for this before next weekend, and give Secret Santa another chance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySun 15 Nov 2020 - 11:28

It is disappointing to see and I know people's situations are different but personally could use something like this year to have something to look forward to this Christmas.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 17:28

The names have been drawn! You all drew me, and I upped the gift budget to £1,500.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 2:03

To be fair, the rest of us could probably buy for $1500 about the same ammount you could buy for $15.

In other news, my presents arrived yesterday! Somebody who knows me well enough to wrap everything in pink! And having already made a mistake receiving Amazon presents from my family, I didn't look at any of the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 11:44

Santamazon must have been busy as I've already received mine too, got the Mrs to open it for me to avoid accidentally seeing anything so I'm all good, unless it was the kind of present she really shouldn't have seen...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 11:45

Sorry guys, I avoided it this year just because I'm not sure at the moment if I'll even see my kids because of this Tier 3 bollocks, so haven't been in the right state of mind for Christmas. Apologies!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 11:49

Completely understandable and excusable, no need to apologise at all. Fingers crossed the higher tiers don't stick around for long with them getting the vaccine out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:57

gjones wrote:
Sorry guys, I avoided it this year just because I'm not sure at the moment if I'll even see my kids because of this Tier 3 bollocks, so haven't been in the right state of mind for Christmas. Apologies!

That's crap, GJones. Hope you get to see them, at least for a bit, and that you have a good Christmas. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 20:46

Had a envelope come on Saturday which says Chris-Mas on it, thinking from Buska like a voucher or something as easier to send from Japan but a wee parcel come today.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 2:21

In these times under God-Emperor Bezos I can basically send whatever anyone else could. And I don't think vouchers would be in the spirit. . .
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 13:08

I just received my Secret Santa gift through the post - thanks Santa!

EDIT: I've seen that a lot of retailers are reporting 'delays in the Royal Mail network', with some gaming websites even encouraging customers to not place any more orders before Christmas. I know I've experienced delays - I sent some cards first-class to family on Monday morning but they've still not arrived. I hope everybody else receives not just their Secret Santa gifts, but their own stuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 18:59

Sorry for not taking part this year, lads - I've had a fair bit of time off work for mental health reasons, as some of you will know, and I've had to cut back Christmas gifts to immediate family (and even that is stripped back massively from normal).

I'll still enjoy seeing what everyone's got each other and I should be back for next year's Secret Santa barring any catastrophe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 8:23

No apologies necessary Jay, I think this will be on the long list of things in 2020 which everyone just agrees doesn't count.

I had a mild panic attack recently because I went through one of the old threads and saw some of the ridiculous hauls we were putting together, then compared it to what I could achieve through Amazon this year . . .
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 14:37

I opened my Secret Santa gifts along with my other presents at 6am this morning while facetiming my family.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 9:02

I hope everybody received and enjoys their presents. 

I was really chuffed with mine - it was a French copy of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle on the Wii. 

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** 51PjfsNJAAL._AC_

I've got more of a story with No More Heroes 2 than my Secret Santa might know. Truth is, I've already got a UK copy of No More Heroes 2 on Wii, but it's been sitting in my collection sealed for about nine or ten years. It's always been a game I've been meaning to play, but just didn't make the time for. We've also reached the point where I'm not too quick to unseal my Wii games. Changes in my personal life mean that I'm thinking about selling some of the more valuable ones off, and No More Heroes 2 is definitely one of those.

Anyway, when I got this package through the post, I could immediately figure out that it was a game. Knowing that, I told myself at that point that I was going to commit to playing and finishing whatever it was I'd be opening.

I was really happy to open this. It's not only quite an expensive game (well done on the bargain hunting, Santa!), but it's the fully uncensored version with all the blood and gore that was removed from the UK release - from all accounts, it's superior to the one I already own. Everything's in English with French subtitles so it's all totally playable, and I'm looking forward to getting wired into this very soon!

Again, thanks Santa - this was a top-quality present, and just the excuse I needed to finally play the game after all these years!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 9:09

I got Warioware Gold on the 3DS, some Mario Lego, Mario Uno, some Kit Kat Santas & an NGamer TV DVD. Cheers Santa!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 9:36

I got some Kojima based stickers that's what was in the envelope, I've put the ludens logo on the back of my phone case.

Also a cup with Higgs from Death Stranding on, which is cool but missed a trick not having the Fragile logo.

To who I got, you should had three things with one getting lost in transit, Amazon did refund me, so got a different thing as the original gift out of stock. I just looked and that's not arrived yet either, it's only small and you've got the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 12:57

I'm guessing you were mine then, Mas? I like the two gifts I've received a lot!

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** 13151110

I've never seen the series that Digimon is from but he's always on the trading card game packets and I've heard interesting things. I guess I have to check it out now!

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I got Warioware Gold on the 3DS, some Mario Lego, Mario Uno, some Kit Kat Santas & an NGamer TV DVD. Cheers Santa!

That was 100% Cappa!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 15:27

I wasn't yours Buska and Andy's does sound like Cappa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***   The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN*** Empty

Back to top Go down

The 8th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***NAMES DRAWN***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next